Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tar Removal
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Tar Removal

Ok it had to happen, my Fuji White is now Fuji with Black Spot after driving through some roadworks where they were filling in potholes. What's the best way to remove the spots? I have T Cut tar remover in the garage but wonder if it is advisable to use it on such a new car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 10:53am by XFullFatTim.)
04-03-2012 10:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Tar Removal

(04-03-2012 10:53am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ok it had to happen, my Fuji White is now Fuji with Black Spot after driving through some roadworks where they were filling in potholes. What's the best way to remove the spots? I have T Cut tar remover in the garage but wonder if it is advisable to use it on such a new car.

Probably not the best advice from a safety point of view, but I use a dab of petrol, and it's instant and works a treat. (I have cans available for the mower). Can't vouch for how much of your polish it fetches off as well, but you can't spot any difference after washing.
04-03-2012 10:58am
lrdaft

I use tardis by autosmart then use autosmart wax on top again
Where does all that tar come from ,it's not exactly hot enough to melt it here!

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 06:59pm by lrdaft.)
04-03-2012 10:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Stirling District Council seems to be using a nasty repair mix of tar and gravel and if you have to drive through the roadworks you end up with some of their "overspray" on the sides of the car.
I'm just off to Halfords to see if I can get any top up oil and will have a look to see what is on the car cleaner shelf

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-03-2012 11:31am
xxxx5

Tim, I wish you had said before Friday and I would have given you a bottle Tardis at Halewood, as I buy in bulk. If your at Halfords then Autoglym Tar Remover is good, just dab on with be clean mirco cloth then wash the car atferwards.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
04-03-2012 12:17pm
doug

As said, "Autosmart" Tardis is very good, but will strip off your paint treatment (won't damage your paint). But be careful of any plastic trims,new paint & wraps. I use it as it cuts down on the time spent clay baring, as the tar remover has done half of the job for you & if course Iron X will remove all of the iron full out left on your paint( very good for the wheels).
As it only comes in 5L cans, I would buy the Autogylm tar remover Tim. Make sure you keep turning the cloth to stop the tar from marking the paint work.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-03-2012 12:37pm
PhilSkill

If you already have the TCut Tar remover, then use that, it's what it's for. Best to put some wax on afterwards. Done mine once already with Meguires Gold Class Tar remover but wasn't that impressed with it so use what you've got.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
04-03-2012 02:02pm
The Valeter

Autoglym Tar Remover, then a little AG Super Resin then a wax of your choice but AG Hi-Definition Wax is very good indeed or the Extra Gloss Protection.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-03-2012 03:39pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

I find Meguires works a treat.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
04-03-2012 04:35pm
Evo-king

We find Tardis works a treat.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-03-2012 09:31pm