babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Tar Removal - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Tar Removal (/Thread-Tar-Removal)

Pages: 1 2

Tar Removal - XFullFatTim - 04-03-2012 10:53am

Ok it had to happen, my Fuji White is now Fuji with Black Spot after driving through some roadworks where they were filling in potholes. What's the best way to remove the spots? I have T Cut tar remover in the garage but wonder if it is advisable to use it on such a new car.

RE: Tar Removal - Donny Dog - 04-03-2012 10:58am

(04-03-2012 10:53am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ok it had to happen, my Fuji White is now Fuji with Black Spot after driving through some roadworks where they were filling in potholes. What's the best way to remove the spots? I have T Cut tar remover in the garage but wonder if it is advisable to use it on such a new car.

Probably not the best advice from a safety point of view, but I use a dab of petrol, and it's instant and works a treat. (I have cans available for the mower). Can't vouch for how much of your polish it fetches off as well, but you can't spot any difference after washing.

RE: Tar Removal - lrdaft - 04-03-2012 10:59am

I use tardis by autosmart then use autosmart wax on top again
Where does all that tar come from ,it's not exactly hot enough to melt it here!

RE: Tar Removal - XFullFatTim - 04-03-2012 11:31am

Stirling District Council seems to be using a nasty repair mix of tar and gravel and if you have to drive through the roadworks you end up with some of their "overspray" on the sides of the car.
I'm just off to Halfords to see if I can get any top up oil and will have a look to see what is on the car cleaner shelf

RE: Tar Removal - xxxx5 - 04-03-2012 12:17pm

Tim, I wish you had said before Friday and I would have given you a bottle Tardis at Halewood, as I buy in bulk. If your at Halfords then Autoglym Tar Remover is good, just dab on with be clean mirco cloth then wash the car atferwards.

RE: Tar Removal - doug - 04-03-2012 12:37pm

As said, "Autosmart" Tardis is very good, but will strip off your paint treatment (won't damage your paint). But be careful of any plastic trims,new paint & wraps. I use it as it cuts down on the time spent clay baring, as the tar remover has done half of the job for you & if course Iron X will remove all of the iron full out left on your paint( very good for the wheels).
As it only comes in 5L cans, I would buy the Autogylm tar remover Tim. Make sure you keep turning the cloth to stop the tar from marking the paint work.

RE: Tar Removal - PhilSkill - 04-03-2012 02:02pm

If you already have the TCut Tar remover, then use that, it's what it's for. Best to put some wax on afterwards. Done mine once already with Meguires Gold Class Tar remover but wasn't that impressed with it so use what you've got.

RE: Tar Removal - The Valeter - 04-03-2012 03:39pm

Autoglym Tar Remover, then a little AG Super Resin then a wax of your choice but AG Hi-Definition Wax is very good indeed or the Extra Gloss Protection.

RE: Tar Removal - J77 - 04-03-2012 04:35pm

I find Meguires works a treat.

RE: Tar Removal - Evo-king - 04-03-2012 09:31pm

We find Tardis works a treat.