Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Stow on the Wold
griff

RE: Stow on the Wold

Ahh
The twisty road one is the dynamic setting (red dials). Not confused now. Thanks

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
05-09-2011 03:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acwats

(I was told that Wink ) LR had set the temporary speed warning (useful if you have snow tryes fitted) at 70 mph. Not sure why they had done this as we never drove on a dual carriageway or motorway.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011 05:42pm by Acwats.)
05-09-2011 05:42pm
PhilSkill

(05-09-2011 05:42pm)Acwats Wrote:  (I was told that Wink ) LR had set the temporary speed warning (useful if you have snow tryes fitted) at 70 mph. Not sure why they had done this as we never drove on a dual carriageway or motorway.

Glad it's temporary!, not that I went fast enough... Actually was handy as it was easy to misjudge your speed as so smooth and quiet! Guess it's a generic setup for the deminstrators for fastest UK road speed, if you're above that you must be speeding!

Yes twisty road = Dynamic with Red Dials.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-09-2011 05:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The speed warning can be varied in the dash board settings menu, I have it set at 170mph on my FFRR as it is SO annoying to have it set at the speed limits - I don't need reminding that I an exceeding a preset arbitrary speed limit, I drive at the speed limit and read the road and in most modern Land Rovers there are so many warning gongs that one less is nice!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-09-2011 06:52pm
Token

I have a speed warning on my current car and if I was inclined to speed (which I am not of course) then I would set my warning at 100mph on dial carriageways for instance just to make sure I don't slip into ban territory by mistake when hovering at mid 90's. This is of course hypothetical and the warning is of no use to any of us on here at all!!

One of my previous cars had a speed limiter which wouldn't let you go above a set speed unless you kicked down hard on the accelerator to cancel the limiter. It was simple to set and brilliant for controlling speed during roadworks etc (where you know there are cameras) enabling me to concentrate on driving and not on my speed. Particularly helpful when I was on 9 pts and couldn't afford any more!! Clean licence now as a good boy these days!!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
05-09-2011 07:51pm
PhilSkill

(05-09-2011 06:52pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  The speed warning can be varied in the dash board settings menu, I have it set at 170mph on my FFRR as it is SO annoying to have it set at the speed limits - I don't need reminding that I an exceeding a preset arbitrary speed limit, I drive at the speed limit and read the road and in most modern Land Rovers there are so many warning gongs that one less is nice!

Great it's selectable, Yes i'll be setting it at a 100 or something like that, just in case I was accidently managing to get that fast... Which I can imagine would be possible on a Motorway without realising until you see the speedo!

Hopefully got some pics to attach after shrinking them!

Me on the terrapod Smile

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2011 07:57pm by PhilSkill.)
05-09-2011 07:54pm