Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Stow on the Wold
EVO PUNDITT

RE: Stow on the Wold

(03-09-2011 09:09pm)Acwats Wrote:  
(03-09-2011 12:05pm)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  
(03-09-2011 10:49am)Acwats Wrote:  I'm there at 16:30 today. Any requests?

Can check the cars they use for the terrapods have pano roofs or not and if not why are they not using cars with pano roofs? is it cause they might crack?
thank you

They WERE using a panoramic roof on the terrapods and axle twister and I checked every corner and NO cracks. Very Happy. Good news

I'll put some hi res pics in my dropbox of a silver with black wheels and roof bars on later this evening. I'm going for Red now. Enjoyed the drive, the car handling
is incredible and I had no AD. My weekend drive is a MK V GTI Golf so I have a good benchmark
Indus Silver with 20" black alloys
http://db.tt/NObmJa7
[url]http://db.tt/

Close up of the Black 20" alloy
http://db.tt/kd2EAQ7

These are 5Mb files so may take a while to download

thanks for the info,I'm satisfied I'll be sticking with the pano roof

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
03-09-2011 11:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

Having seen a number of colours in the flesh yesterday I must admit the red probably looked the best. It also changed in different light. I also thought the colour on the dynamic made it look bigger and more aggressive than the others. Anyone having ordered the red will not be disappointed.

Also thought the evoque looked well in both grey and White, and we got a number of admiring looks whilst driving a White coupe.

However,rightly or wrongly am going to stick with the Barolo black, yes it is understated but that's more me, and i feel the colour really compliments
the ambience interior and 20" wheels.

Really enjoyed the event which was well organised by LR.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
04-09-2011 02:50pm
PhilSkill

Hi

Great event by Land Rover, made us feel very good and a lot better about spending a large amount of money with them. A good drive for both us to get familiar with the car and a good meal and some fun on the terrapods and assisted parking.

My general thoughts of the car.

It is fantastic, even better than I remember from Evoque Live and felt far better to drive than I hoped. We had a Silver Dynamic SD4 Auto with Contrast black roof, panoramic roof, 20" wheels, vortex (black) interior and ebony roof lining, Adaptive Dynamics, surround cameras.

General ride is smooth, quiet (a little wind noise) and comfortable! Does feel like an SUV not a car, but is not daunting and very easy to drive.

It is quite compact inside, but doesn't feel claustrophobic. Panoramic roof didn't make much difference in the front, but in the back... blimey was a dark hole in all black with the roof shut... there the roof made all the difference.

I'm driving a powerful manual petrol so was not used to an automatic, but it drove very well and my wife even had to ask if this was a diesel. low down torque is fantastic pulling away from junctions and kick down gave good pull to overtake, I never once put it into the limiter which can be common going to a diesel from a petrol. I found the sport mode really did hang on too long in the lower gears when driving normally so good if you were to gun it

Adaptive Dynamics was definitely noticable, and turning it on did reduce the body roll in fast long corners, and I preferred this mode for the twisty lanes even if a little stiffer ride. (but the red dials in this mode was a little too much), Ride was fine on the 20" no road noise to notice although I've ordered the 19" as spent 7 years on 45 profile tyres with loads of road noise. The evoques were fitted with GoodYears.

Wing mirrors were Huge! it was like have a wide angle landscape painting attached to the sides of the car! Laughing

Deliberately chose an awkward place to swap drivers and pulled into a tight little triangle of parked cars, manged very easily to reverse it round and get around obstacles, although the vision isn't great, and didn't even notice the rear camera was on until my wife pointed it out! I used those landscape paintings to turn it round.

Annoying (maybe useful...?) speed warning beep.. not that I sped!

little points that bothered me, rear camera is rather "obvious" hanging down by the number plate, spoilt the symmetry slightly. Touch screen a bit fiddly but sure i'll get used to that.

Dynamic leather was better than hoped, although the only signs of wear were on the base in the perforated section in some of the Dynamics. The Prestige and Lux pack for Dynamic leathers are fab, but I can't justify the £3000 cost option.

My wife preferred the non leather dash in the Dynamic, it had a unusual texture and not sure how easy to clean or dust it will be. And she did notice the passenger seat is a fraction low and cant be adjusted Sad. Also no adjustable lumbar on the drivers... but again £3000 option...Shocked

But saying that it was extreemly comfortable. Very Happy

Terrapod was a bit of fun, although hope I don't ever get my Evoque anywhere near those sorts of positions! Very Happy Did make me realise the usefulness of the extra cameras to see where your wheels are! Could be useful for parking near awkward kerbs etc

Red is outstanding, White is fantastic, Stornoway Grey was good, and Barolo Black was very nice too, it has red flecks in the finish. Silver for me was boring. Red, White and Grey works with any model, Black in Prestige is nice with silvery grille, No blue or green model there.

My wife liked the black wheels... not for me though and I thought the chrome wheels are too bling.

Have tried adding pictures, but failed so far... will try again.

Next stop "here and now"... gotta get something for no discount... Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-09-2011 12:20pm
gead

Great post, thanks.

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
05-09-2011 12:41pm
KaDargo

Can you expand on the ride quality?

I am at the dealers on the 8th (doubt if we'll get to drive them) and my driving day is Southampton on the 17th - I have put 20" on my order, and both SWMBO and myself prefer a firm ride (no sniggering!), but we are a bit concerned about the noise factor (was really hoping to be able to talk whilst driving)

Anyone else got any observations on the noise difference between 19/20 inch?

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
05-09-2011 12:42pm
PhilSkill

(05-09-2011 12:42pm)KaDargo Wrote:  Can you expand on the ride quality?

I am at the dealers on the 8th (doubt if we'll get to drive them) and my driving day is Southampton on the 17th - I have put 20" on my order, and both SWMBO and myself prefer a firm ride (no sniggering!), but we are a bit concerned about the noise factor (was really hoping to be able to talk whilst driving)

Anyone else got any observations on the noise difference between 19/20 inch?

The ride quality is excellent, and there is very little noise if you drive it sedately with the AD Off it's a real pleasure to just be in. certainly no problem with talking or listening to your favourite music even at the fastest speeds we're allowed in the UK. put in sport with your foot flat to the floor there's a little diesel rattle noise, but that's a good thing, but still not loud enough to not hear your wife complaining you're going too fast!!!

When I got back into my car I realised the seats were less confortable, the body roll was worse and the noise was far more (engine and wind) although it was a bit quicker in the overstaking stakes. But then even new it was less than half the price and now it's 70000 miles older! And I can adjust the lumbar!

The 20" was absolutely fine and I wouldn't hesitate if you want the looks, and if you prefer stiffer ride then go for 20", you'll probably have the AD ON constantly if you want sporty car style stiffness.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
05-09-2011 01:02pm
KaDargo

Thanks for that - very helpful

(PS - luv the avatar !)

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
05-09-2011 01:25pm
PhilSkill

(05-09-2011 01:25pm)KaDargo Wrote:  (PS - luv the avatar !)

Nice to see a Farscape fan around...! great series!

05-09-2011 02:06pm
griff

I thought that if you have AD it is on all the time, it's just the settings that you change or am I wrong?

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
05-09-2011 02:50pm
PhilSkill

(05-09-2011 02:50pm)griff Wrote:  I thought that if you have AD it is on all the time, it's just the settings that you change or am I wrong?

You may be right, there are a selection of modes across the centre console, one is for twisty roads (that is what I was referring to as ON) and one is standard, then there's snow/ice, muddy road modes and probably some others too, there are 2 buttons left and right to switch between the modes.

05-09-2011 03:26pm