Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Stow on the Wold
vinda

RE: Stow on the Wold

Booked for the 1st September. Spoke with my dealer today. Get mine on 9th September.
30-08-2011 06:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

Going later, any comments from those who went yesterday?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
03-09-2011 09:08am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Hubby went yesterday at 5.45

Not sure what order things were done at other events but as soon as he arrived, they offered the terrapods which he said threw him a bit as he'd never even sat in the car yet. Good fun though.

He said the drive was good, great country roads and some fast bits too.

Good meal but all a bit rushed after that. Some doing park assist in the dark! LR bod said no time to answer questions!

Think it was too late in the day at this time of the year.

The staff did say they were dreading today (Sat) as there was a local country fayre on and they expected the traffic to be a nightmare so leave lots of extra time to get there.

All in all a good event and at least he liked the car Laughing
03-09-2011 10:00am
Daigriff

Thanks Charlie

I'm regretting choosing the 5.45 slot as it will be dark before we finish, but looking forward to it.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
03-09-2011 10:21am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

I think if you get there in plenty of time and do the park assist and terrapods first then it doesn't matter about getting dark on the drive. Doesn't help it's not a sunny day like yesterday. I think the times were planned for the original dates in July.

I think hubby was looking forward to chatting to some other 'enthusiasts' from the forum but everyone he spoke to had no intention of buying one Rolling Eyes
Of course he'd have denied all knowledge of knowing me!

Have a great time Daigriff
03-09-2011 10:40am
Acwats

I'm there at 16:30 today. Any requests?

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
03-09-2011 10:49am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Someone else there with a personality? He could have done with another mackem!
Hope all goes well with your arrangements.
(This post was last modified: 03-09-2011 11:41am by Charlie.)
03-09-2011 11:40am
pureevoque

I was there @ 17:45 got there about 17:15 so like Charlie said you could do the terrapod in the light and have a good look round before the drive, then meal then a look at them in the dark!

DRL are very bright the park assist demo's in the dark just had the drl's on and the light they were casting was as if the headlights were on!

Very professionally done though and found everyone very helpful.

Drive was varied great country roads to try it out and some good long fast roads too.

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
03-09-2011 11:43am
EVO PUNDITT

(03-09-2011 10:49am)Acwats Wrote:  I'm there at 16:30 today. Any requests?

Can check the cars they use for the terrapods have pano roofs or not and if not why are they not using cars with pano roofs? is it cause they might crack?
thank you

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
03-09-2011 12:05pm
pureevoque

I spoke to one of the land rover guys, he said they had been having isues with them cracking and this was the reason the price had gone up - becuase they were using a stronger glass now.

So likely to add more weight!

I made my mind up, I'm not speccing one, they are a nice feature - for rear passengers, when your driving and in front seats you don't know it's there, because it starts further back

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
03-09-2011 12:32pm