Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stopping the rattles
benzina

RE: Stopping the rattles

(03-05-2012 05:56am)hondafreak Wrote:  Somebody told me once, as cars become quieter, rattles are more easy to hear. But i would drive me nuts anyway.

I think he is right about that, plus when you think about how complicated,and how many parts go into making up a car,it's a wonder they don't rattle more. This also leads me to think that out of so many given cars being produced, there will always be a few that may get past with a rattle or two.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
03-05-2012 01:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tetstb

I've had my car in at 2 dealers a total of 6 times and they still can't fix it. Would I buy another ? No chance

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
03-05-2012 03:51pm
benzina

I must admit,6 times and two different dealers would be hard to take...where is your rattle or rattles coming from tetstb? I personally love this car too much to let the rattle (only heard when traveling in complete silence) get me down,and i just think, with some perseverance,i will find it.
Your lucky being in the U.K, cause after what you have been through, i would drive to the factory,and demand they fix it there.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
04-05-2012 02:37am
benzina

Their is now a poll on this subject, please see and vote here.... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Have-you-...tle-or-two

04-05-2012 05:40am
garryforrestuk

I bought a cd which came with some very good recommendations a few years ago which I used on my Freelander with very good results, Because you can physically walk around the vehicle and climb about when the cd is in operation to recreate the rattle I was sceptical about it but it does work. I have looked it up but i think the company has gone bust or just closed down i have a disc but don't now about copyright this is the link and the disc was called Rattle Buster.

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
04-05-2012 11:40pm
benzina

Mmmm....Yes i saw this when i actually googled those very words ''rattle buster'', in the hope of finding something hightech thats designed to pin point where a rattle is coming from, but found this one that actually helps create it,so you can then take your time finding it while the car is stationary.
It seems a clever idea if it works as you say it does, and goes some way into making what is a tedious task, alot more convenient,and better chance at getting a result. May have to look into it.

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 04:14am by benzina.)
05-05-2012 02:11am
edgedata

(04-05-2012 11:40pm)garryforrestuk Wrote:  I bought a cd which came with some very good recommendations a few years ago which I used on my Freelander with very good results, Because you can physically walk around the vehicle and climb about when the cd is in operation to recreate the rattle I was sceptical about it but it does work. I have looked it up but i think the company has gone bust or just closed down i have a disc but don't now about copyright this is the link and the disc was called Rattle Buster.

I really like the sound of this (excuse the pun). If it is still available I would certainly buy it as almost all the cars I have ever owned have had or developed some kind of rattle at some time and they are ridiculously difficult to trace.

Previous: 12MY Pure 5dr SD4 Tech Auto Orkney Grey : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Ebony Int : Rear cam : Folding mirrors : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Fogs : Privacy glass
Now : 14MY Dynamic SD4 5dr 9speed Firenze Red : 20" Style 6 : Pano+black roof : Power tailgate : 825W Meridian : Privacy glass + more...
05-05-2012 03:15am
Millotte

I developed one in the rear of the car and thought it was a shock mount or something as it would only happen over bumps etc. I ended up taking out the spare wheel and found the wheel nut wrench has a plastic clip and rubber bands and some plastic packaging to hold it place had moved and was hitting the jack and was being amplified by the wheel well( body of the car ) I re clipped it back in place and added another elastic band and made sure no metal to metal contact and all is good. Thank god!!!

Prestige Td4 man, fuji, vibe interior, style 6 wheels, prestege tech pack.. Arived 11Th feb 2012
05-05-2012 12:44pm
elvinsiew

Stopping the rattles

Where can I get that cd? Any Downloads? Mail me pls
21-05-2012 01:59pm
invoke

Mine is rattle box.

At a slow speed, something in dash rattles, very annoying, and when gain speed, the vibration kicks in and on highway/motorway the famous wind noise added with a new sound of something like loose mirror or side strip.

So over all from 0-60 in 4s ( s= rattles)

The stealer keep the car for the whole day everytime and does not even acknowledge on the work slip any work up or repair. All i can say is WTF...

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
21-05-2012 02:37pm