babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Stopping the rattles - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Stopping the rattles (/Thread-Stopping-the-rattles)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Stopping the rattles - dandavis1 - 27-12-2011 11:58am

I've modified my Evoque by folding up bits of paper and stuffing them inbetween the door and the door panels. This has stopped quite a lot of the rattling.

RE: Stopping the rattles - lngrn36 - 27-12-2011 12:19pm

Interesting mod! Which rattle was this for?

RE: Stopping the rattles - dandavis1 - 27-12-2011 12:52pm

Both door panels (coupe) rattle with the slightest bump or at high revs. It was driving me nuts!!

Always annoys me when products aren't up to scratch. I don't believe anyone at Land Rover is complaining about a fault with my £43,000...

RE: Stopping the rattles - lngrn36 - 27-12-2011 05:18pm

Have you taken any pics? I would like to see where I can put the paper if mine ever rattles!

RE: Stopping the rattles - defender_uk - 27-12-2011 05:20pm

rattles?? Would drive me nuts as well....It needs to be at the dealers to be sorted....not making such high tech home made mods...

RE: Stopping the rattles - slee18 - 27-12-2011 09:01pm

You should sit in a Lexus. My dash rattled every winter I owned it. Dealer said it was normal because of the roads I drive. If it rattled on freshly paved asphalt they would fix it again. Never got the dealer to fix it have to put my own padding in the dash to stop the rattle

I think it's over-engineering cause minor squeaks and rattles

RE: Stopping the rattles - ytshome - 27-12-2011 09:51pm

I think you should take it back and get it sorted properly. You've had nothing but bad luck with your car. Hope it gets sorted quickly for you because they are great cars IMO

RE: Stopping the rattles - griff - 27-12-2011 11:26pm

Well I can tell you that since I took delivery of my Evoque, and after 2000 miles it does not rattle, squeak, or not deliver in any way.

If things are not to your satisfaction, go back to your dealer and sort it out.
Stop wingeing

RE: Stopping the rattles - ytshome - 27-12-2011 11:56pm

(27-12-2011 05:18pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Have you taken any pics?

+1

Stopping the rattles - My1stRR - 28-12-2011 12:00am

My RRE coupe rattles at the slightest bump too! Seems to be coming from the rear! I took my parcel shelf out (for the dog) when I first got the car........not sure if that amplifies the rattles? The dealer investigated and they think they've narrowed it down to the tailgate struts.....but they checked the struts on another RRE coupe in the yard..... and they did the same thing. The dealer is writing to RR for a solution and I'm anxiously awaiting a response.

Has anyone had the same experience and do you have a solution?