Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stopping the rattles
tetstb

RE: Stopping the rattles

Nobody really gives a monkeys about the rattles, even the other dealer were not that interested as t seems this is just the tip of the iceberg as
far as warranty issues are concerned.

Piece of crap

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
21-05-2012 03:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

This annoys me about LR they create fantastic products but time and time again they fall way short of the mark on build quality. At the moment I am rattle free and based on my previous LRs which were constantly in for recalls I am impressed with the Evoque.......................................so far.
(21-05-2012 03:23pm)tetstb Wrote:  Nobody really gives a monkeys about the rattles, even the other dealer were not that interested as t seems this is just the tip of the iceberg as
far as warranty issues are concerned.

Piece of crap

What's happening with your car now ?

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2012 04:33pm by J77.)
21-05-2012 04:31pm
tetstb

Took it to Morissons in Stirling and their mechanic came out with me in the car and just said he felt it was normal road noise.

Road noise my arse so when I have some more time I will leave it with them for a few days. Complained to Land Rover and guess what ?

Yep, you guessed it, they just sent me a satisfaction survey and said they would be in touch. My first and last LR purchase.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
21-05-2012 06:39pm
invoke

(21-05-2012 06:39pm)tetstb Wrote:  My first and last LR purchase.

Same here ! !

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
22-05-2012 12:43am
Coolbanana

My car was in today to sort out a rattle (just the one) and the lovely Hannah (gorgeous) was very efficient and friendly in dealing with my Evoque today and it does appear that the rattle is gone.

It was coming from the TV module thingymawotsit in the roof lining - it had unclipped itself.

Sooooo nice to have a rattle-free car!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
23-05-2012 08:36pm
berlin2011

(23-05-2012 08:36pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  My car was in today to sort out a rattle (just the one) and the lovely Hannah (gorgeous) was very efficient and friendly in dealing with my Evoque today and it does appear that the rattle is gone.

It was coming from the TV module thingymawotsit in the roof lining - it had unclipped itself.

Sooooo nice to have a rattle-free car!

CB, if you don't mind me asking, where exactly in the roof lining was that rattle of yours. I have one (a rattle) that seems to come from somewhere in the front and am suspecting it has to do with the light/car kit microphone bit but my dealer is unable (unwilling??) to hear any rattle.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
23-05-2012 09:27pm
Coolbanana

(23-05-2012 09:27pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  CB, if you don't mind me asking, where exactly in the roof lining was that rattle of yours. I have one (a rattle) that seems to come from somewhere in the front and am suspecting it has to do with the light/car kit microphone bit but my dealer is unable (unwilling??) to hear any rattle.

Do you have the TV? If so, there is a rectangular thing just where the panoramic roof meets the roof lining above the centre console - before the light/mic you refer to. (Has a load of little red lights in it when the TV is on). Anyway, this had unclipped as I understand it and was causing a rubbing noise.

It was weird because from the drivers seat it sounded as if it came from where the switches for the roof blind and lights/microphones are and from the passenger seat it sounded as though it was directly above the driver.

If you don't have the TV it could still be something unclipped where you have described it since the wiring above will most likely be pretty much identical to mine so while I was told it was the TV module, the Tech guy may well have meant the wiring above it - and it does sound like your rattle is in the same area!

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
23-05-2012 10:32pm
benzina

(02-05-2012 02:27am)benzina Wrote:  Rattle-man...i have read that you work for LD, and can help us pin-point the known rattle issues that some of us may be experiencing.
I have a rattle in the left rear corner,around about where the seatbelt comes out,under the rear quarter window.
The rattle is induced by slight road vibrations and sometimes by the slight vibration of the diesel engine at idle.
The sound is like a single electrical wire, just tapping slightly on a metal surface like maybe the inner car shell, or a bracket.
I have ridden in the back, and pressed on every panel to see if it would stop,but it has not, so it's definately inside that side bootwell panel,somewhere between the fuse box and the seatbelt reel mechanism. It may even be up high inside the wheel arch strut area.
Do you have any information on where this rattle could be precisely???

Fixed it!! See post # 16 here.... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Have-you-...two?page=2

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
10-06-2012 02:03am
DaveR

Since I picked my new Evoque up a couple of weeks ago I have felt that it was noisier than the previous one I had when going over bumps.

Fine on most roads but hit a bump or the rough road around manholes etc (seems no shortage of those these days) and there seemed to be a "CLUMP" noise accompanying it.

I couldn't quite make out where it was coming from or imagine what was causing it and had I not had my other Evoque where this wasn't an obvious addition to normal road noise I might have dismissed it as normal.

My car has a spare wheel and I had that out today as i wanted to stow the detachable tow bar arm under the wheel (which fitted quite nicely) and noticed that the rear moulding under the boot floor on the left hand side (the stuff that is like a high density polystyrene) wasn't sat properly towards the back of the boot floor. Closer inspection shows a wiring loom underneath it (at a guess its the wiring to the fuel sender in the Tank) that just needed moving slightly so it didn't lift the moulding.

I also added a little double sided tape between the bottom of the moulding and the metal of the boot floor to help hold it down.

Replaced everything and the additional "clumping" noise seems to have gone. Must have been the wheel well cover not seating properly because of the moulding below it being slightly proud allowing it to bang up and down on significant bumps.

Very pleased as i was convinced this car was noisier than my last but couldn't put my finger on it.

[Image: sparewheel.jpg]
16-09-2012 05:14am
mark_n

Good job, I'm going to check that mine is seated correctly.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
16-09-2012 08:56am