Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steering Wheel volume control issues?
ChuckieB

RE: Steering Wheel volume control issues?

Mine failed totally today. Let's see what the dealer has to say. At least it's happened the day before it's due in for it's 2nd service!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
11-12-2014 09:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crabacle

Dealer replaced the steering wheel control unit - there was a service note on it apparently. Been fine since.
12-12-2014 04:48pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

(11-12-2014 09:07pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Mine failed totally today. Let's see what the dealer has to say. At least it's happened the day before it's due in for it's 2nd service!

Whether it's a control unit or something else, it's a known issue and a 'mod' is required to sort it. It's booked to go back in in a few weeks. But strangely it started to work perfectly again when I collected it. Rarely do these issues replicate themselves the day it is in the shop so I should at least be grateful there was no cause for debate on this one.

At the same time they have replaced the carcass of my second key unit as that has failed after exactly the same time period as did the first.

Although there continue to he niggling issues with ownership, at least I haven't had to stress each time I turn up at service reception. These guys clearly understand the cars are not perfect.

Delivered 17/2/2012!

12-12-2014 07:53pm
pablo9050

If anyone still has this intermittent problem with defective steering wheel controls on left side of wheel .. refer your dealer to Land Rover Technical Bulletin LTB600663v2 where the steering wheel, switch and harness will all need replaced. I had this problem for months and my dealer tried to fix it unsuccessfully whilst in warranty .. since then my warrenty expired and the problem deteriorated so I contacted LR customer services who kindly agreed to foot the bill .... like someone said previously ..seems to have been a faulty batch of controls installed at some point..
Good luck all ..hope this helps as its a pain in rear issue ..
12-12-2014 11:23pm
ChuckieB

(12-12-2014 11:23pm)pablo9050 Wrote:  If anyone still has this intermittent problem with defective steering wheel controls on left side of wheel .. refer your dealer to Land Rover Technical Bulletin LTB600663v2 where the steering wheel, switch and harness will all need replaced. I had this problem for months and my dealer tried to fix it unsuccessfully whilst in warranty .. since then my warrenty expired and the problem deteriorated so I contacted LR customer services who kindly agreed to foot the bill .... like someone said previously ..seems to have been a faulty batch of controls installed at some point..

Cheers.

Just to clarify , the switch controls, airbag, horn push etc, are all components added to the wheel and so the wheel itself isn't replaced. I had a new wheel when I had issues with the quality of the finishing of the stitching and I got to approve the replacement before the complete wheel was reassembled and refitted.

Delivered 17/2/2012!

13-12-2014 12:35am
pablo9050

I was fortunate enough to get a new steering wheel too as part of the fix, knowing the components are separate . Assumed its a recommendation as part of bulletin .
13-12-2014 12:44am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(12-12-2014 11:23pm)pablo9050 Wrote:  If anyone still has this intermittent problem with defective steering wheel controls on left side of wheel .. refer your dealer to Land Rover Technical Bulletin LTB600663v2 where the steering wheel, switch and harness will all need replaced. I had this problem for months and my dealer tried to fix it unsuccessfully whilst in warranty .. since then my warrenty expired and the problem deteriorated so I contacted LR customer services who kindly agreed to foot the bill .... like someone said previously ..seems to have been a faulty batch of controls installed at some point..

Pablo, all Main dealer effected repairs carry a 12 months warranty too so even if they did it close to the car's warranty expiring then the repair has a further 12 months warranty against faulty components. So your out of warranty situation didn't matter as the original repairs bodged by the dealer should also have had 12 months guarantee. It's the same with dealer fitted accessories, 12 months warranty on the accessory and the fitting.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2014 12:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-12-2014 12:06pm
pablo9050

Yeh that was my thinking though the service manager was unsure about warranty on warrenty situations .. Anyway I didn't need to check out sales of goods act though I did threaten to at one stage lol ... Anyway thankfully all sorted I hope .
13-12-2014 09:56pm
flyboy88

I have been having the same issue lately where the controls on the left side of the steering wheel stop working. Having tested it a couples times, I was learnt that whenever I would turn on my heated steering wheel the controls on the left side would stop working. If I turned of the heated steering wheel and waited until the wheel cooled, the controls would begin to work again. I will contact the Dealer again soon, to see what they want to do.
14-12-2014 12:44am
walker1234

Just got mine as a 3 yo used car and its having the same issues, intermittent left hand side steering wheel problems however I have identified the intermittency is due to the lights on the car being off. Turn the lights off and hey presto everything works fine.

Does anyone know if I can get this fixed the used car warranty from the LR dealer?
30-01-2015 11:15am