Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steering Wheel volume control issues?
flyboy88

RE: Steering Wheel volume control issues?

I contacted my LR Dealer and they acknowledged it is a known issue and there is a Service Bulletin issued for it. I took my Evoque in and they checked it out and had to order a bunch of parts. That was on Monday, I am still waiting for the call that the parts are in to go get the issue fixed. It was covered.
30-01-2015 03:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
walker1234

Typical. Thought I had it nailed and would be easy to demonstrate but now it's working again with or without the lights! Now the roof blind won't open.

Was your car out of warranty when you took it in?
30-01-2015 04:27pm
flyboy88

My car is still covered under the new car warranty as the KMs are low and 4 years have yet to be reached... it will roll directly into Certified Pre-Owned Warranty afterwards.

When I took the car to the deal the buttons were working also, however that didn't matter as the Service Bulletin issued to the dealers explains this is a known issue and will work off and on; therefore they are replacing all the required parts, which included new buttons and wiring.
30-01-2015 04:42pm
ChuckieB

(13-12-2014 12:35am)ChuckieB Wrote:  Cheers.

Just to clarify , the switch controls, airbag, horn push etc, are all components added to the wheel and so the wheel itself isn't replaced. I had a new wheel when I had issues with the quality of the finishing of the stitching and I got to approve the replacement before the complete wheel was reassembled and refitted.

I was mistaken. Mine has been done. The mod has indeed included replacement of the wheel. Quite bizarre!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
05-02-2015 08:29pm
Davidcwillmott

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum. Recently I decided to add a heated steering wheel to my Evoque and purchased one on eBay and bought the associated airbag coupler/slip ring from a Landrover parts dealer.

Fitting went well and all worked fine first time, until recently i noticed that the audio control and phone buttons had stopped working. Following this thread I was able to determine that the controls only stop working when the lights are on. I put my old steering wheel back on (which is still in warranty) and all works fine whether lights are on or off. Therefore the problem must be with the steering wheel right?

I bought a new set of audio buttons but this didn't work and I've swapped over nearly every part in the wheel (except the loom with the heating regulator) and the problem never goes away. I've ordered a new loom, but am doubtful that this will cure the problem.

Does anyone have a definitive answer to the problem and I would be interested to know whether all of the previous posters had heated steering wheels or not?

This is a really strange problem and I'm determined to get to the bottom of it!
15-11-2016 07:24pm
CH11PY_H

I have also had this fault repaired under warranty after several failed attempts.

The most recent one LR used some kind of silicone in the buttons to resolve the issue. Touch wood it has worked ever since. No parts were required as far as I am aware. As said above LR have a technical bulletin regarding this issue.
16-11-2016 07:47pm
Davidcwillmott

Steering Wheel volume control issues?

(16-11-2016 07:47pm)CH11PY_H Wrote:  I have also had this fault repaired under warranty after several failed attempts.

The most recent one LR used some kind of silicone in the buttons to resolve the issue. Touch wood it has worked ever since. No parts were required as far as I am aware. As said above LR have a technical bulletin regarding this issue.

Thanks CH11PY_H, can I ask whether your wheel is heated or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
16-11-2016 11:41pm
CH11PY_H

My steering wheel isn't heated unfortunately. Another mod I need Sad
17-11-2016 07:45pm
CH11PY_H

I have this fault back again.

Now LR are saying a 'wiring fault' is not covered under warranty! £140 odd per hour to diagnose
15-06-2017 09:58pm
Paul Grainger

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but after retrofitting a heated steering wheel (from a 2012 car) to my 2014 Evoque, I have the same problem where the left hand steering wheel buttons work perfectly when the engine is not running (ignition on) but as soon as the engine is started, the audio control buttons stop working. The heated seat and the paddle shift continue to work ok, its just the audio function buttons that stop working.

If I put my original steering wheel back on again, everything works normally.

Is there a known solution to this? Could it be that the switch pack from the older steering wheel has some sort of compatibility issues with my 'newer' car?

Does anyone have part numbers for the switch pack? I think that it's LR048348 for my year of car (speech button, telephone, heated) but I'm not sure and don't want to waste £115 in buying a new switch pack if it's not going to solve the problem!

Can anyone help?

Paul G
14-07-2017 10:45am