Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steering Wheel volume control issues?
1nut2ballz

I just noticed issues with the steering wheel volume controls. It doesn't work, but it seems intermittent.

I haven't figured out the pattern yet, but I first noticed it after taking the car in for a firmware update/reg maintenance.

I called the dealership and they blamed it on my iphone's iOS 7. So I decided to turn off bluetooth altogether: I removed the device from both the car and the phone, turned off bluetooth from the phone, and restarted the car. Even on just radio, the volume buttons still don't work! The side buttons do allow me to change the radio stations so it is receiving the signal from the steering wheel.

Anyone else experience this? thoughts?

-Austin
07-11-2013 12:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
basara

RE: Steering Wheel volume control issues?

Hi,

I've also got a similar problem. It happens very intermittently for me as well. I've noticed that if you leave it for a little (15-20mins) it will work again and register the volume controls.

Its happened to me when a USB plugged in to play music or just plain radio.
07-11-2013 01:45am
1nut2ballz

(07-11-2013 01:45am)basara Wrote:  Hi,

I've also got a similar problem. It happens very intermittently for me as well. I've noticed that if you leave it for a little (15-20mins) it will work again and register the volume controls.

Its happened to me when a USB plugged in to play music or just plain radio.

Interesting. I did notice it started working again, during one drive, but the next drive it stopped. My commute is about 15 minutes, so perhaps that's why I haven't seen it work again more often.
07-11-2013 03:07am
Crabacle

Not had this problem
07-11-2013 08:33am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulabb

I have the same problem but thought it might be to do with my short 8 min commute to work the batt is running out and things tart to shut down.. It's very random no pattern
07-11-2013 09:00am
andrey1302

I had the issue as well... dealer did an update, didnt solve anything at that time... but no sometime has passed and now works every time Smile hopefully will continue that way

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
07-11-2013 09:13am
HEMMDJ

I have had the same problem but mine has included problems with the say as you see buttons not working. This has supposedly been sorted by the dealer on two occasions, most recently last month but as of this morning it still isn't working.

RR Evoque 2.2 SD Auto Fuji White
07-11-2013 09:58am
speary

I have had mine replaced twice. After the second time I thought great it's fixed but after a few weeks certain functions randomly stop working on the buttons
Do LR customer services have a view on this as it is really annoying and seems to be affecting quite a few owners

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-11-2013 09:27am
Westy

I too have had this problem, however it comes and goes, can be very frustrating.

If someone finds a fix please let me know as it drives me mad when it goes off on one.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
08-11-2013 11:17am
RichardW66

Mine is in for it's first service and in the last 4 weeks has had issues with the volume control and telephone buttons.

Mt very low (6500K) mileage Evoque has a few rattles and niggles which I have listed for the dealer, they have had the car since Monday the 4th November and today I was told it will be Monday the 11th before I get her back (at the earliest).

Hopefully this means my list of issues is getting proper attention and I won't see the problems again.

I have been given a Freelander on loan, bad marketing move by the dealer, I am so looking forward to getting the Evoque back, now if they had given me a new RRS on loan.... that would be a different story.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
Ordered: 07/03/12 ~ Behind the wheel: 22/11/12
08-11-2013 12:11pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply