Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some things I miss now I have an Evoque
dandavis1

Some things I miss now I have an Evoque

The Evoque has brought me quite a lot of driving pleasure, but there are quite a few things I miss:

- Being able to give the windscreen a little squirt. The Evoque drenching the screen each time, leaving streams of dirt down the car is annoying
- Good ol' intermittent wipers. The auto wipers can get very confused.
- Speed limiter. I used this all the time in my Merc. Quite surprised that a RR doesn't have it.
- A good sat nav with features like 'Avoid roadblock', travel via and showing the speed limit of the road etc.
- Storage. I've never had a car with so little storage.
- Easy rear access. The seats of the coupe really are becoming a pain in the bloody arse.
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 08:38pm by dandavis1.)
18-02-2012 08:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Some things I miss now I have an Evoque

The rain sensor can be enabled or disabled by the dealer (owners manual page 45) and then your intermittent is controlled by vehicle speed or the other ring on the stalk. So if you don't like the auto wiper function ask your dealer to disable it next time your car is in for work. If you have an auto logic box you can enable and disable the dealer enabled functions yourself.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 09:38pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-02-2012 09:35pm
dandavis1

Auto logic box?
18-02-2012 09:45pm
XFullFatTim

yes it's a black box you can buy that will read fault codes in ECU's and allow you to set dealer enabled things on any Land Rover and many other makes of cars - Pete Bell at BAS sells one IIRC

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-02-2012 09:51pm
ChuckieB

(18-02-2012 08:38pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  The Evoque has brought me quite a lot of driving pleasure, but there are quite a few things I miss:

- Being able to give the windscreen a little squirt. The Evoque drenching the screen each time, leaving streams of dirt down the car is annoying
- Good ol' intermittent wipers. The auto wipers can get very confused.
- Speed limiter. I used this all the time in my Merc. Quite surprised that a RR doesn't have it.
- A good sat nav with features like 'Avoid roadblock', travel via and showing the speed limit of the road etc.
- Storage. I've never had a car with so little storage.
- Easy rear access. The seats of the coupe really are becoming a pain in the bloody arse.

Storage!!! My Scenic has it in abundance! Bits and pieces, that's about all in the Evoque. Yes quite disappointing. Am really going to miss it!
Speed limiter? My '05 £13.5k Clio Sport has it! No excuse for not having it given all the average speed cameras these days with all those bloody roadworks. How can you put in cruise control and drop the limiter. I really don't understand that one!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
18-02-2012 09:53pm
cjfp

I can squirt a little onto my windscreen if I want - actually it's more like a fine mist so even better.
And my auto wipers work great

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 09:58pm by cjfp.)
18-02-2012 09:54pm
XFullFatTim

There is no speed limiter as such but there is a speed limit alarm that you can set in the info screen that sounds a gong when you exceed the speed limit you set yourself. I disabled it as I found it very very annoying. On my last FFRR the entire dash was a virtual dash on a TFT screen, with that I could position a small yellow arrow on the edge of the computerised speedo dial but the car could still exceed the set speed if I wanted it to.

18-02-2012 10:01pm
PhilSkill

I was a little disappointed the Evoque doesnt have a speed limiter, it is a useful feature when driving 30's to avoid getting caught by a camera when concentrating on where you are going.

Storage was as expected, drive a C30 then say theres no storage in the Evoque!!! Real bonus for storage not having the spare too!

I bought the 5 door to avoid the rear seat problem, its amazing how easy it is to access the rear seats! Wink And the drivers door is shorter so easier to get out of in tight spaces!

Wipers a little quirky but work most of the time as I want, you can set the sensitivity with the intermittent adjust control.

Nav is fine for me! Got some nice features, but can be a little frustrating to use!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-02-2012 12:18am
lngrn36

What is this speed limiter that Dan wants?

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
19-02-2012 03:43am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

You set it and the car won't go above that speed (certain safety features built in for emergencies etc)

Had it on 2 cars, never used it. Happy just to have std cruise.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-02-2012 08:32am