Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Silver Panoramic Contrast Roof? Colima Lime Delivery Dates?
VJD

Does anyone have picture of a silver contrast roof? Has anyone else ordered one and if so with what base colour?

Also, although I venture the information with some trepidation given some of the green-haters out there, I ordered a Colima Lime (not thinking about the resale value, I truly like the colour Wink). I also ordered it with a silver contrast pano roof, which I thought it would be less harsh than the black, but I'd like to get a sense of how/whether this combo will work together, as the website colours don't seem all that accurate. Anyway, I am wondering when the first deliveries of that colour are going to be made. Are there some going out already this month, or not due to the tsunami-related delays on that colour? I've tentatively been told December for my Dynamic Sd4 manual, which I ordered in March....
19-09-2011 08:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

If you're going for a dynamic then the black roof might be a better bet... Remember that all your trim is black...

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
19-09-2011 08:40pm
paulelescoces

RE: Silver Panoramic Contrast Roof? Colima Lime Delivery Dates?

I have seen one at my dealers launch event last Friday... was a Dynamic Coupe in Black with Grey contract roof and the darker version of the style 6 (can't remember what they are called at the moment).
I thought it looked great although the car I saw had no panoramic roof and was very dark inside... and especially in the back (had Red Dynamic Plus pack... due to larger seats it cuts even more light from the back).

I do have a few photos but I have not worked out yet how to add them to the posts Confused
19-09-2011 08:49pm
Daigriff

There's a great video on here somewhere of a Colima lime
Evoque and it looked really good. Not sure how it would look with a silver roof, I'd probably go black but would definitely spec the pano roof.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
19-09-2011 08:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

On You Tube there is a video of ice testing the evoque and one of the cars is Sumatra Black with a Silver roof, IIRC in the media section for Eoque in the LR website there are also photos of a black car with a silver roof

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 09:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-09-2011 09:00pm
berlin2011

[Image: 6055062659_6a9ffe3c07_b.jpg]

[Image: 6055609960_e5165b0c68_b.jpg]

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
19-09-2011 09:06pm
VJD

Thanks Berlin 2011, and Tim! I still think that there's such a little bit of silver that it could go quite well with the Colima Lime, but will continue to sit on the fence a bit longer....may also head over to the dealer to at least compare the colour sample metal bits...
19-09-2011 09:56pm
Spiderman

I saw the Colima Lime model at the Geneva Motor Show this year, it had a Black Panoramic Roof and Black Alloys and looked stunning!

I'm with the others above, in that it definitely needs a Black Panoramic Roof as that matches the Dynamics other Black Accents supremely well, whereas there is nothing else Silver on the Dynamic models exterior, aside from the Alloys...but...I respect it's your money & your choice!

Enjoy it when it arrives...

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 12:57am by Spiderman.)
20-09-2011 12:57am
Evoqess

Bona fide lime lover here! But as they are not coming to Canada till 2012 I decided on the white, which is a fine (though common) alternative!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
20-09-2011 05:55am
mark_n

That thmuping noise you can hear is LR employees falling off their chairs at the news someone is going for Kermit Green...

I agree with the others, I think a black roof would be best but there's also the silver/grey front and rear scuff plates to think about. Could all look a bit busy, but then I'm not looking to shout from the rooftops with my car. Each to his own etc...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
20-09-2011 06:22am