Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Service Plan Costs
stunt

RE: Service Plan Costs

Ive just done a plan a 3 year plan for £878 which i think is really good value.

The good thing about these plans is that they are so flexible.

I can transfer it to a new car. If I sell the car after servicing I get the prorata balance back. If I sell the car tommorrow prior to any service id get all bar £20 back.

When you look at the cost of a B service - around £450 and an A around the £320 mark this isnt a bad deal
(22-08-2012 05:04pm)griff Wrote:  I have just been quoted £560+ on-line for my 1st year service - that's mental!!!
suggestions for West Sussex folks?

Have a day out in Bury and get it done at Stratstone !!!

Fuji SD4 Dynamic. Coupe. Manual, Privacy
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 10:45pm by stunt.)
25-10-2012 08:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

I've just been quoted £388 for my first service. Will shop around and see what's on offer.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
03-11-2012 08:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Maybe you should prnt out this thread and show the dealership what other delaers are charging and see if they will price match?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-11-2012 10:04pm
Daigriff

I'm sure I'll get it cheaper either in north Wales or the north west. It'll be up to them to price match.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
03-11-2012 11:05pm
NightFox

(03-11-2012 11:05pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I'm sure I'll get it cheaper either in north Wales or the north west. It'll be up to them to price match.

I've previously found James Edwards LR in Chester (think they're called something different now) very good at price-matching all the NW/N Wales LR dealers and knocking a bit extra off for the extra miles.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
03-11-2012 11:44pm
Samson

Being close to collecting my car, thought I phone my closest dealer to get an indication of servicing costs and fixed priced plans so I could compare. Did not buy the car from them as they had a 9 month delivery schedule.

As a clue to what was to come, I was passed around three times before I was given a quote for the first service ... wait for it.... £484 Shocked !!!

I nearly fell of my seat and I was in my car at that time! The dealer - Hadley Green Barnet. My shock resulted in them saying that the best price they could do was £457. When I politely told them that they were still significantly more expensive than some Central London dealers, I was put on hold while the 'manager' was consulted. They came back with a price of £390.

They do not offer a fixed price service plan. Don't know if their pricing is due them being a combined JLR+Bentley dealership in essentially one location. Anyway will be not be going there!

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
15-11-2012 11:26am
WB
WB

(15-11-2012 11:26am)Samson Wrote:  Being close to collecting my car, thought I phone my closest dealer to get an indication of servicing costs and fixed priced plans so I could compare. Did not buy the car from them as they had a 9 month delivery schedule.

As a clue to what was to come, I was passed around three times before I was given a quote for the first service ... wait for it.... £484 Shocked !!!

I nearly fell of my seat and I was in my car at that time! The dealer - Hadley Green Barnet. My shock resulted in them saying that the best price they could do was £457. When I politely told them that they were still significantly more expensive than some Central London dealers, I was put on hold while the 'manager' was consulted. They came back with a price of £390.

They do not offer a fixed price service plan. Don't know if their pricing is due them being a combined JLR+Bentley dealership in essentially one location. Anyway will be not be going there!

£390 is the standard charge for most london dealers - £195 for an hour and a half labour and £195 for the parts.
(25-10-2012 08:57pm)stunt Wrote:  Ive just done a plan a 3 year plan for £878 which i think is really good value.

I can transfer it to a new car. If I sell the car after servicing I get the prorata balance back. If I sell the car tommorrow prior to any service id get all bar £20 back.

When you look at the cost of a B service - around £450 and an A around the £320 mark this isnt a bad deal

Where did you get the £878 plan from? That sounds like a decent deal if you can get your money back if you don't use it.
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2012 11:31am by WB.)
15-11-2012 11:30am
stunt

(15-11-2012 11:30am)WB Wrote:  £390 is the standard charge for most london dealers - £195 for an hour and a half labour and £195 for the parts.

Where did you get the £878 plan from? That sounds like a decent deal if you can get your money back if you don't use it.

Stratstone in Bury

Fuji SD4 Dynamic. Coupe. Manual, Privacy
17-11-2012 05:46pm
buzben67

£850 for first 3 - interest free payments over 32 months - seems like a good deal to me...

Pure TD4 Fuji White / Fogs / Privacy Glass / LED Sig Lights / Spare Wheel / Mats n flaps / ordered 1st Aug
08-12-2012 08:20pm
Bodlyfunctions

(25-10-2012 08:57pm)stunt Wrote:  Ive just done a plan a 3 year plan for £878 which i think is really good value.

Hi Stunt,
Is that a 3yr deal or a 3 service deal? What annual mileage did you quote when you set it up? Farnell in Bradford offered me a 3 year deal but based on 12k miles p.a.
When I told them I did 26-28k per year, it rocketed up to nearly £1400!!!
Went with Hillendale in the end, first 3 services £999
08-12-2012 09:24pm