babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Service Plan Costs - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: Service Plan Costs (/Thread-Service-Plan-Costs)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Service Plan Costs - Kentboy - 08-08-2012 07:55am

Guy Salmon has offered me a 10% discount to pre-pay (or by 32 monthly payments) for the first 3 services on my SD4 Prestige. I believe this is a LR offer but I am not sure if all dealers have the same package price or how it compares to the cost of individual services.

The offer I have is £1,133.40 which includes 10% discount for the first three services. The monthly payments are £35.69 first month followed by 31 months at £35.41. The original price before discount is given as £1,259.33.

Can anyone offer any advice as to how this compares to other dealers or how it compares to paying on the day of service.

Thanks in advance.

john

RE: Service Plan Costs - Evo-king - 08-08-2012 09:55am

Kentboy, I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, that seems a tad high mine is set for 4 years and is a similar price to yours.

RE: Service Plan Costs - NightFox - 08-08-2012 10:35am

I always avoid service plans because you lose all your negotiating power over price (hence why the dealers want you to sign up to them!) Yes, the prices work out cheaper than the dealer's list prices for the services, but if you've got more than one LR dealer reasonably close to you I'll bet you can get an even better one-off service price by playing them off against each other. I've even found that the further away ones will also knock even more off to cover the extra cost of fuel for getting to them! Last time I had my RRS serviced, I went to a dealer 25m away instead of my local 20m away; I think they knocked £60 off the service and a further £50 for what amounted to an extra 10 miles for me.

Might not suit everyone's circumstances, but I'd just be wary of calculating savings of service plans against one-off service costs that you wouldn't actually pay anyway. At the end of the day, if your dealer can service your car for £200 on a plan compared to a one-off price of £250, I'm sure he'll also be happy to service it for £200 (or less) as a one-off service rather than lose the work to another dealer if you push him hard enough.

RE: Service Plan Costs - Evo-king - 08-08-2012 11:44am

Nightfox, that is what I did I got at least 5 quotes, took the best quote and dealer was only 20 miles away, plus RR for the day if I wanted.

RE: Service Plan Costs - Bodlyfunctions - 08-08-2012 08:04pm

I was quoted £1133 today by Farnell Leeds. The very helpful lady then went on to tell the cost of the first 3 services if I paid at the time: 1. £286 2. £351 3. £286
So if I take a service plan I pay more??? Sorry. How does that work then? Don't think so!!!

RE: Service Plan Costs - doug - 08-08-2012 08:38pm

£286 sounds too cheap for any LR dealer. If I was you I would pre-book your car in at these prices Very Happy

RE: Service Plan Costs - Tulabb - 08-08-2012 09:32pm

My dealer didn't push me to sign up or even mention it but your deal doesn't sound good.

U need to shop around...guy at my work went back to his usual Audi garage for servicing but their quoted price was around £400 + vat which he thought was really high. He called up another dealer slightly further away and they quoted just over £250 + vat for the same service.

Best to call around.

RE: Service Plan Costs - Bodlyfunctions - 08-08-2012 10:06pm

Servicing on RRE is Service A then B and onwards. Service A is a smaller 'oil change' style. If you are paying more you are being mugged off by your dealer and as others say, phone around.
In comparison to BMW/Merc etc I have found LR servicing prices very reasonable.
(08-08-2012 08:38pm)doug Wrote:  £286 sounds too cheap for any LR dealer. If I was you I would pre-book your car in at these prices Very Happy

Service Plan Costs - ceebee - 08-08-2012 11:11pm

My plan is £31 per month for 30 months, so works out at just over £900 for first 3 services at Statstone, Newcastle

RE: Service Plan Costs - Chunk - 08-08-2012 11:39pm

My service plan is £28 and some pennies for 32 months and covers the costs of the 1st 3 services. Total price is £904. Hassle free and I don't have to worry about haggling or inflation. Very happy and no pressure at all to take it out.