Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seat Size
R22Flyer

Seat Size

I have just collected my new MY2103 RR Evoque Prestige Lux, and after a 200 mile drive home I am felling a little worried, I had a test drive in a dynamic and noticed the seat base was not too roomy and after the 200 mile drive home I had a bruise on each side of me butt, I was told the prestige had more comfortable seats but i am not seeing this. anyone else having issues, I hope LR has a fix else I might be having to move the evoque on Crying

How ever I love the car, colour, panaroof and the heated steering wheel is excellent.

Ordered June 2012- Evoque SD4 5 door Prestige auto, Mauritius Blue, Ambience, LUX Pack, Black Contrast Roof, Pana Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Adaptive Xenons, Black Roof Rails - Picked up 23rd Oct 2012 Smile
27-10-2012 07:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Seat Size

First time I've heard of the seats not being wide enough! I'm pretty broad of beam and have the Dynamic Plus seats which I find wonderfully comfortable and never felt that I have needed to strip off and check for bruises!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-10-2012 08:15pm
cjfp

This post is no good without photos ! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
27-10-2012 08:33pm
Neo

Seat Size

I have the same issue but more to the left side of my butt. I have the dynamic seats. I sat in the dynamic plus seats and they are more comfortable.

Mind you I sat in my little hatchback and the seats felt even worse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
27-10-2012 10:29pm
jitenc

I think putting a cushion underneath might be the best solution. ... Otherwise, I am not sure if padded underwear has been invented yet!
Persevere it for a while, and see if the soreness goes away...I have heard baby powder can be quite useful In these situations.. ... Just trying to help...Smile

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
28-10-2012 09:03am
R22Flyer

thanks for the baby powder option Embarrassed, and just for your information in case its giving you nightmares Twisted Evil, i don't strip off and check for bruises it just a bit tender where the seat base sits its quite amazing once you start looking around how many other quotes about this, anyone on the larger size should have a good try before you buy as it was not apparent until a long drive home, short trips are ok, I am quite a big lad but not overly, I have never had the problem with, RR sport or Lexus or X6, X5 before so this is quite a suprise, not sure what to do, i post back once the dealer has contacted me.

Ordered June 2012- Evoque SD4 5 door Prestige auto, Mauritius Blue, Ambience, LUX Pack, Black Contrast Roof, Pana Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Adaptive Xenons, Black Roof Rails - Picked up 23rd Oct 2012 Smile
28-10-2012 09:31am
SimonS

weightwatchers.com? (Just joking)

On a more serious note, the difference between the standard Dynamic seat and the prestige is purely the range of movement - 6/4 on dynamic and 8/6 on the prestige. I only sat on the dynamic plus seats or about 30seconds so I can't comment on the comfort. I do know that the 6/4 seat gives me back ache which is why we have the prestige.

SD4 Manual Prestige/Baltic Blue/PSR/Privacy glass/heated Steering wheel/spare.
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 08:53pm by SimonS.)
28-10-2012 01:59pm
R22Flyer

Thanks SimonS I have tied that too, I think i will have to cut my losses and go for an RR Sport

28-10-2012 09:42pm
R22Flyer

Evoque sold, RR Sport purchased

01-11-2012 12:03am
Amadeus

(01-11-2012 12:03am)R22Flyer Wrote:  Evoque sold, RR Sport purchased

Is this a record for the shortest time ever owning an Evoque?QuestionConfused

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
01-11-2012 07:57am