babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Seat Size - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: My Range Rover Evoque (/Forum-My-Range-Rover-Evoque)
+--- Thread: Seat Size (/Thread-Seat-Size)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Seat Size - R22Flyer - 27-10-2012 07:27pm

I have just collected my new MY2103 RR Evoque Prestige Lux, and after a 200 mile drive home I am felling a little worried, I had a test drive in a dynamic and noticed the seat base was not too roomy and after the 200 mile drive home I had a bruise on each side of me butt, I was told the prestige had more comfortable seats but i am not seeing this. anyone else having issues, I hope LR has a fix else I might be having to move the evoque on Crying

How ever I love the car, colour, panaroof and the heated steering wheel is excellent.

RE: Seat Size - XFullFatTim - 27-10-2012 08:15pm

First time I've heard of the seats not being wide enough! I'm pretty broad of beam and have the Dynamic Plus seats which I find wonderfully comfortable and never felt that I have needed to strip off and check for bruises!

RE: Seat Size - cjfp - 27-10-2012 08:33pm

This post is no good without photos ! Laughing

Seat Size - Neo - 27-10-2012 10:29pm

I have the same issue but more to the left side of my butt. I have the dynamic seats. I sat in the dynamic plus seats and they are more comfortable.

Mind you I sat in my little hatchback and the seats felt even worse!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RE: Seat Size - jitenc - 28-10-2012 09:03am

I think putting a cushion underneath might be the best solution. ... Otherwise, I am not sure if padded underwear has been invented yet!
Persevere it for a while, and see if the soreness goes away...I have heard baby powder can be quite useful In these situations.. ... Just trying to help...Smile

RE: Seat Size - R22Flyer - 28-10-2012 09:31am

thanks for the baby powder option Embarrassed, and just for your information in case its giving you nightmares Twisted Evil, i don't strip off and check for bruises it just a bit tender where the seat base sits its quite amazing once you start looking around how many other quotes about this, anyone on the larger size should have a good try before you buy as it was not apparent until a long drive home, short trips are ok, I am quite a big lad but not overly, I have never had the problem with, RR sport or Lexus or X6, X5 before so this is quite a suprise, not sure what to do, i post back once the dealer has contacted me.

RE: Seat Size - SimonS - 28-10-2012 01:59pm

weightwatchers.com? (Just joking)

On a more serious note, the difference between the standard Dynamic seat and the prestige is purely the range of movement - 6/4 on dynamic and 8/6 on the prestige. I only sat on the dynamic plus seats or about 30seconds so I can't comment on the comfort. I do know that the 6/4 seat gives me back ache which is why we have the prestige.

RE: Seat Size - R22Flyer - 28-10-2012 09:42pm

Thanks SimonS I have tied that too, I think i will have to cut my losses and go for an RR Sport

RE: Seat Size - R22Flyer - 01-11-2012 12:03am

Evoque sold, RR Sport purchased

RE: Seat Size - Amadeus - 01-11-2012 07:57am

(01-11-2012 12:03am)R22Flyer Wrote:  Evoque sold, RR Sport purchased

Is this a record for the shortest time ever owning an Evoque?QuestionConfused