Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
Real world mpg
leveller

RE: Real world mpg

I'm sure I will get around to updating soon with a full run down of what we think of "Evie". We collected her on the 1st March. But thought I'd add this post because this thread keeps keeps my inbox busy.

She's definitely a guzzler! But my main concerns are the lack of boot space and my iPhone music cutting out after 1 minute while connected through USB. Yesterday, I managed 26 MPG while doing a steady speed and slow acceleration from junctions. I will try much harder for a maximum soon. My usual driving style will probably bring that figure right down, at which point I will turn off the ave MPG display Smile

5dr Evoque Dynamic Si4, OG. I love her, mostly.
03-03-2012 10:51am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mag1c_dragon

(03-03-2012 10:03am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Mag1c_Dragon whoever advised you to buy the diesel was your problem. 99% of people who know about these things know that you don't buy a diesel if you are only driving 4-5 miles a day journey, diesels are at their most efficient when they are running at steady RPM over longish distances. For any other sort of driving a petrol engine beats them hands down, they emit less emissions, they warm up more rapidly and they are more responsive for stop/start motoring. Also if you are not covering more than 10,000 miles a year then the petrol will work out cheaper to run.

Change of circumstances between when I ordered and picked it up! Ah well, I am sure when it comes to resale the diesels will be more desirable though . .

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 11:07am by XFullFatTim.)
03-03-2012 10:59am
PhilSkill

On my trip to Halewood yesterday my Average soared to the heady heights of 37.6mpg, with me doing "normal" motorway driving. This is a revelation... on my return (obviously after trip reset so starting from clean and Not included in this chart until next fill ) I am up at 43mpg having seen 47mpg on the motorway doing 60mph steady in moving traffic!

So far biggest factor seems to be speed and temperature to the mpg, although with this amount of data I'd hardly call that a true experiment.

I've also added l/100km for our European friends since we learnt yesterday 82% of build goes abroad

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 01:48pm by PhilSkill.)
03-03-2012 01:43pm
THEMACS

(03-03-2012 10:06am)Donny Dog Wrote:  Oh, dear! I've got an SD4 to pick up on Tuesday, and my wife will only do 3,000 miles a year, ALL of it on journeys of about 5 to 8 miles! Sad

Oh Dear... Maybe best to forget to pick it up, and ignore the phone calls!!Laughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
03-03-2012 02:42pm
Donny Dog

(03-03-2012 02:42pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Oh Dear... Maybe best to forget to pick it up, and ignore the phone calls!!Laughing

For sale, one previous (but brief) careful owner, 27 miles on clock............Laughing
03-03-2012 03:19pm
benzina

Whats the deal with those extremely high instant fuel consumption readings of 19 L / 100kms, and 21 L /100kms etc etc, when not really even pushing it to much? Is it really consuming what it says at that moment?
My first tank has produced a 9.6 L /100 km average (29.43MPG), which was all pretty much stop/start round town motoring,with a/c on.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
07-03-2012 05:24am
chiggy

Yeah I've been getting about the same Benzina although mine has gone down to about 9.2l/100kms now after about 4 re-fuels.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
07-03-2012 06:54am
jitenc

I'd love to know how far other car manufacturers are in stating their figures compared to the real world mpg. Is it true that you should consider taking 10% off the combined mpg to get a real picture of the mileage you would expect to get? Is there a car manufacturer that has been true to their statement? I am pretty sure VW were the closest.
What can be done now, since everyone on this thread seem to have an opinion on the real world mpg? I somehow don't think there is any solution than accept the reality and consider asking JLR to change their figures..... Or consider buying a VW...

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
07-03-2012 06:59am
VirtualCamper

TD4 150bhp diesel, still under 500 miles on clock, one careful driver and just getting 31 mpg Sad it's slowly creeping up but only because of a motorway journey of 200 miles at the weekend.

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
07-03-2012 07:49am
Pedalpower

It's certainly a disappointing situation, from my point of view, and i am sure many other 'new' LR owners, i never expected a RR to be a 'fast' car, the concept is different, it offers different advantages to simply being quick or even nippy.
However the Evoque potentially offered good MPG (when you read the advertised figures), so whilst it may never be massively exciting to drive, it did potentially offer good mpg with the luxury feel etc. However, the reality seems to be it is neither nippy or frugal, which personally for me, feels a bit like loose/loose situation. Worst of both worlds in fact. I am hoping over time i get used to it and the mpg improves, but at the moment it's not the magic experience i had hoped for. The looks are great, the interior fantastic, but the drive.... not so good, to get good mpg you have to drive so carefully its no fun, try and push on a bit, its by no means quick and the mpg drops through the floor.
07-03-2012 08:46am