Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Ready to order Dyanmic....probably
Pete_G1

Ready to order Dyanmic....probably

Hi,

First post, so hello!

I've been reading this forum for the last couple of months and have soaked up every bit of info I can before I headed off to the dealers for a few test drives and views of the RRE in the flesh...

Both the local dealers I've been in have had black Prestiges with LUX packs to drive and I've driven the car on three occasions now (once on an extended loan over night...Cool

I love the car and it is everything I hoped it would be, however;

I prefer the look of the Dynamic (Fuji or Firenze) - I really like the black accents with those two colours - but I've not driven one! Both local dealers say they have no Dynamic to demo (and there's no sight of them getting one any time soon)

Now, I'm ready to order and my concern is that if I order the car I prefer the look of and it has a harsher ride in comparison with the Prestige I'll be disappointed.

I've read the detailed debates on this forum with regards to the AD setup on the Dynamic, plus the 20" wheels and I'm still unsure, without driving it whether I would think the same....

My commute is around 80 miles a day, twisty A roads in the Peak District, motorways then city centre traffic - so I'm pretty sure the AD sounds like a load of fun on the first bit! But what about the rest?

I really like the prestige I've demoed (the cars have both been in Santorini Black with privacy glass which looks great against the chrome and the leather feels luxurious and great), but I still look at the Dynamic's in the showroom and lean towards them....

So, I guess I've rambled on enough, but put my thoughts down at last!

Any opinions greatly received!

Cheers,

Pete

SD4 AUTO Prestige - Santorini Black - Ambience - LUX Pack - 20" Style 6 - Spare wheel! - Ordered Feb 12 / Collected 11/7/12
16-02-2012 10:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cedric

RE: Ready to order Dyanmic....probably

Good point Pete. I've chosen the Prestige, mainly because of teh seats, although I prefer the dashboard and the looks of the Dynamic.
Active dynamics is an option on both the Prestige and the Dynamic here, but depends on the engine version. You only get it with a SD4, not sure about the options in the UK.
16-02-2012 11:34am
Ranger4

(16-02-2012 10:56am)Pete_G1 Wrote:  Now, I'm ready to order and my concern is that if I order the car I prefer the look of and it has a harsher ride in comparison with the Prestige I'll be disappointed.

I have test driven both the Dynamic and Prestige SD4 several times (both with AD) and I wouldn't say that the dynamic is harsh in comparison. I found them to be equally comfortable, the Prestige on 19" wheels being a little more "floaty" compared to the dynamic's sharpness.

You should definitely test one though.... I made sure I had plenty of goes before deciding on my spec.

(perhaps order one when you are ready and in the meantime carry on test driving until you're sure about the spec - that's what I did regarding the Prestige/Dynamic and Petrol/Diesel)

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2012 12:37pm by Ranger4.)
16-02-2012 12:32pm
MartinP

I tested the Si Dynamic and the SD Prestige back to back and was equally happy with both of them. In the end I went for the Prestige but that was more for the interior finish. As you have doubts you need to find a dealer who has both and arrange to test both of them.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
16-02-2012 08:55pm
mark_n

I have a Dynamic and rate the ride quality very good, even in dynamic mode. If anything, I don't think the Dynamic is hard riding enough...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
16-02-2012 09:55pm
PhilSkill

Yep Dynamic ride is great! fun in twisty lanes, normal mode is comfy for cruising or on bumpy town surfaces, non AD ride is pretty much as normal mode is on an AD car. Obviously if you want to be certain you should search out a Dynamic to test drive!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-02-2012 12:27am
jrinns

Have you been to Nottingham Dealers, they have Dynamics for test drive and also two Firenze Reds in the Showroom in Dynamic spec. Give them a call to confirm.
17-02-2012 10:25am
Asty

The idea of adjustable damping is that you can set the comfort mode softer than the standard car and the sporty mode firmer. A standard car is a compromise for all driving.

Arrived - Pure SD4 Mauritius Blue, tech pack.
17-02-2012 06:49pm
Pete_G1

Thanks for all the responses...

I followed the general consensus and sought out a dealer that had a Dynamic demo...

tried it....

want one...

Cheers Thumbs Up

SD4 AUTO Prestige - Santorini Black - Ambience - LUX Pack - 20" Style 6 - Spare wheel! - Ordered Feb 12 / Collected 11/7/12
20-02-2012 01:05pm
MartinP

Well, order one then - you know you want to!!!!!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
20-02-2012 01:16pm