Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another US order placed
ApeelinZ

Another US order placed

Well, after test driving an Evoque for the second time now, I finally bit the bullet and placed an order. Orkney Grey 5dr Dynamic, Ebony Interior, Ebony Headliner, Climate Comfort, and Adaptive Dynamics. I choose to stay with the standard 19" style 3 wheels because they still look good, are cheaper on tires, can absorb the potholes and crappy roads better, and are the best choice overall for a daily driver.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't get 20" wheels for the summer down the road Very Happy, but we'll see.

I do have to say THANKS! to this forum and its member being so active in discussing the goods, the bads, and their overall opinions on the options available. It really does help someone finalize their order.

2012 Range Rover Evoque - Dynamic Si4, 5dr Orkney Grey, Ebony Interior, Ebony Headliner, Climate Comfort, Adaptive Dynamics, on standard 19" Style 3 wheels.
26-02-2012 03:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lngrn36

RE: Another US order placed

Welcome aboard! I love mine. I've been talking wheels on here for some time. Lion head put me on to Forgestar. The online configurator doesn't have Evoque yet, but he's already ordered some.
Anyway, I have heard the complaints about a harsh ride and I think this is due to the larger wheels. I'm currently entertaining the Foregstars, but I want the 19's because I think the ride is just right for my taste now and don't want to spend money and ruin the ride!
Post pics as soon as you can. I love them all (except maybe the green.)

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
26-02-2012 04:56pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ApeelinZ

Yes, I think the 19's will be the perfect balance between ride and handling. I had 19's on most of my cars from sports cars to sports sedans and I never changed them. I must say that the Evoque does look better with the 20's, but for me the many other benefits outweigh the looks at this time.

2012 Range Rover Evoque - Dynamic Si4, 5dr Orkney Grey, Ebony Interior, Ebony Headliner, Climate Comfort, Adaptive Dynamics, on standard 19" Style 3 wheels.
26-02-2012 08:57pm
slee18

Congrats on the order! Try Vossen wheels to the other of the company owns a Evoque and has pics of it with some 20s. I think they carry a lifetime warranty on their wheels. The stiff ride is cause the tire ratings have VR rating which has stiffer sidewalls and the XL load rating doesn't help don't forget the short wheelbase.

I love my style 5 wheels and waiting for some bilstein struts to come out

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
26-02-2012 10:05pm
WorldTraveler

Congrates on the Order, as you're ordering from a US based dealer you should get the car next week Smile

Unlike us in the RHD market .... 6-9 Months !!!

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
(This post was last modified: 28-02-2012 05:10pm by WorldTraveler.)
27-02-2012 03:29pm
ApeelinZ

(27-02-2012 03:29pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Congrates on the Order, as you're ordering from a US based deler you should get the car next week Smile

I wish, but I'm sure the quickness of completion and delivery depends on the spec of the vehicle and if there aren't any supply issues on those spec'd options or other parts. Every week I read about supply issues with something. I think the current one is the Shadow Chrome 20" wheels. That one doesn't hold back my build.

27-02-2012 10:57pm