Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Phone Call - Gutted
simonc

RE: Phone Call - Gutted

I got a call from my dealer this morning to let me know that the shadow chrome style 7's I had on my order will now be style 6's due to supply issues of some sort (think there was a thread about this a week or so back). Unfortunately not really anything he can do about it but supposedly it should still be going into build this Friday. He said they may be able to get some aftermarket treatment for the style 6's to get them close to shadow chrome if I really want them but think I'll just stick with the sparkle silver and save a few quid instead.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
21-02-2012 02:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DefLeppard

Damm, and here I was soooo looking forward to seeing pictures of your Mauritius blue.

Like someone else suggested - Id tell them you will drive around in the manual, until the auto turns up!

Did you get your VIN when the car was built and look on TOPIx? Was it showing as manual or auto on there?

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
21-02-2012 11:06pm
caroline11000

OMG that is terrible! I wouldn't be happy settling for a manual after ordering auto, and as for the headlining although they are both pale colours and will go with the rest of the interior colour would you be always looking at the headliner and wishing it was colour you had ordered! If you keep the car I think you will be disappointed but ordering another car is starting all over again! It would be nice if you could have use of an Evoque while waiting for a replacement but is that possible?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
22-02-2012 03:30pm
GibEvoque

This definitely looks like a dealer balls up when ordering, especially as they said they had issues with the headlining cover. I wouldn't accept the car. I would consider the other car they have if you like it, but make sure its heavily discounted (15% or so at least).

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
22-02-2012 05:22pm
Daigriff

As others say, don't accept anything other than what you ordered... You'll only regret it. Definitley insist on use of comparable car at their expense until correct car turns.

LR don't do themselves any favours!!

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
22-02-2012 09:20pm
DefLeppard

KaDargo....how did you go?

Ive been hoping to see a happy ending to this story...

(oh and Ive been meaning to say for a long time - Awesome username! I miss Farscape)

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
27-02-2012 10:00am