Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Radio cutting out
Trapdoor

RE: Radio cutting out

(03-09-2013 02:55pm)Karljolly Wrote:  Mike - took mine into Stratstones Mk. They couldn't reproduce it. I think they thought I was mad.

Trouble is, most dealers 'investigation' will be to switch the radio on, listen for 5 minutes and if they cannot hear anything in this time, say 'no fault found' and give the car back. Also, there may be an issue in that if when the car is in their workshop, the TV signal is poor (like it is in my garage) then it is possible the fault will not present.

There needs to be clear and concise guidelines to the dealers from JLR - something that it appears will not happen until they can get enough 'data' on the issue. Catch 22.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
03-09-2013 05:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
x-isle

(03-09-2013 05:28pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  there may be an issue in that if when the car is in their workshop, the TV signal is poor (like it is in my garage) then it is possible the fault will not present.

That is a damn good point!

Craig Rogers

61 Orkney Grey (Black Pano Roof) Coupe Dynamic (Lux Pack)
07 Java Black Puma Defender 110 XS Station Wagon
03-09-2013 07:19pm
x-isle

Good news folks!

It's seems as though everything has been resolved!

There were owners mentioning that the problem had gone.

I've just tested with the TV back on UK and not only has the issue gone, but I've also now got Film4 +1 in the channel list. I'm fairly certain this wasn't in the line up and was also included as one of the extra channels available in the update sent out on the 27th August.

So it seems that the data stream that was affecting the module has been fixed.

Craig Rogers

03-09-2013 08:36pm
x-isle

Ok folks!

This is the answer from LR.

As I mentioned in a previous post alongside the channel updates, I did mention about the transmitter changes currently going on.

This is all to do with the changes to the Digital regions in the UK. Here's an article explaining the Midlands changes if you're interested: http://www.a516digital.com/2013/08/west-...anges.html

The answer from LR is that the changes as the migration is occurring is causing issues with the transmissions being received by the DAB/DVB module.

Once these changes are complete then all should be good, I believe the changes should be complete in the next few days.

This is probably why certain areas are no longer getting the issue as their region is complete.

To be honest, I don't believe it should be affecting the modules like it is and that's down to a firmware/hardware issue, however, happy that it'll all soon come to an end.

Craig Rogers

04-09-2013 03:52pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've just returned from Pentand Land Rover and was talking to a guy from LR who was setting up a fantastic video wall so you can build and spec your FFRR on the huge screens in front of you, anyway I was there to look at their New RRS in Chilli and he volunteered to chat to me about it. I mentioned the problem and his car was also suffering from the problem and he had no idea what was causing it so I told him.....

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-09-2013 05:04pm
Karljolly

It hasn't been fixed as of 5pm today in the Newport Parnell area.

I put my tv settings back to uk and 2 minutes later I had the crackle - even though the AV was off!
04-09-2013 06:50pm
Offroadstu

My car is currently in Halewood and the audio navigation engineer heard the noise whilst sat in my car. The tech department have changed the Amp as they believe this is the issue. I have sent them the link to the forum, as if the amp is the issue they have a few to change.
04-09-2013 06:54pm
Acorn

(04-09-2013 03:52pm)x-isle Wrote:  Ok folks!

This is the answer from LR.

As I mentioned in a previous post alongside the channel updates, I did mention about the transmitter changes currently going on.

This is all to do with the changes to the Digital regions in the UK. Here's an article explaining the Midlands changes if you're interested: http://www.a516digital.com/2013/08/west-...anges.html

The answer from LR is that the changes as the migration is occurring is causing issues with the transmissions being received by the DAB/DVB module.

Once these changes are complete then all should be good, I believe the changes should be complete in the next few days.

This is probably why certain areas are no longer getting the issue as their region is complete.

To be honest, I don't believe it should be affecting the modules like it is and that's down to a firmware/hardware issue, however, happy that it'll all soon come to an end.

Thanks Craig, lets hope it soon gets sorted on the South Coast. Any idea where we can get regional updates??? Keith

RANGE ROVER EVOQUE DYNAMIC SD4 AUTOMATIC - Premium Interior Pack
Lux Pack
Aeroflip on rear spoiler in Gloss Black
Privacy Glass Premium Interior Pack
Automatic High Beam Assist Headlamps
Interior Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
Premium carpet mats with edging Heated Steering Wheel
04-09-2013 10:04pm
RacingSnake

had this radio cutting out malarkey myself this morning Neutral
looks like its just a sit it out and wait style solution!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
05-09-2013 08:38am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

As Liam has said, and if you can, you should get your dealer to look at it still, to collect info from the units, Obviously getting to a dealer can be a pain and making sure they know what they are looking at first is probably worth confirming with them before your go.

Assuming this is the reason, Just because the broadcasters are sending update information, and maybe even some incorrect information that the Evoque is receiving, should not be causing the Amplifier to be resetting as x-isle has found. Imagine in the future they change the transmissions again and this starts doing it again, the car will be out of warranty and you'll have to live with the fact the amplifier is resetting or you are left with the work around of changing to US frequencies and not being able to use the TV etc. There needs to be a Fix or Software update from LR to the problem that the unit can reset because of information received correctly or incorrectly, the bad info should be dealt with without crashing the unit and causing a reset and thus crackling noises, with no means of turning off other than a possible work around.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-09-2013 11:33am