Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Private Reg Plates.
MrHooky

Re: RE: Private Reg Plates.

(23-03-2012 04:09pm)WB Wrote:  Well, goes to show how much you know...

Regtransfers and Elite valued it at £5.5k-£6k

and I just sold it Wink I won't give the exact figure but its quite a bit more than the plates its printed on Wink

Have a nice weekend... and in case you're a doubting Thomas....

[Image: regb.jpg]

WB - apologies. I was being a complete numpty. Just showed my wife and her immediate reaction was 'best ever, yeah would look good that'. I was rather blindly looking at a '57' plate with two of three last letters shared with the word Evoque.

Private plates clearly wasted on me. (despite me and my wife having matching ones!)

Good price. May I ask though - did you happen to have it from a 57 plate car or had you bought it as a private plate?!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
24-03-2012 12:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lookers Park Royal

RE: Private Reg Plates.

I have ST04MER (Stormer) on retention if it is of interest to anyone?

James Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

26-03-2012 12:04pm
BOBM4N

While I was looking for a plate I saw HE12 RRE and HE12 LRX...

Could be of interest in the right scenario?

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
26-03-2012 02:17pm
WB
WB

(24-03-2012 12:21am)MrHooky Wrote:  WB - apologies. I was being a complete numpty. Just showed my wife and her immediate reaction was 'best ever, yeah would look good that'. I was rather blindly looking at a '57' plate with two of three last letters shared with the word Evoque.

Private plates clearly wasted on me. (despite me and my wife having matching ones!)

Good price. May I ask though - did you happen to have it from a 57 plate car or had you bought it as a private plate?!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

No probs mate, actually I have to give full credit to my wife who spotted it on the DVLA website - so clearly the ladies have an eye for these things!

We bought it speculatively from the DVLA and then advertised it. Its taken longer than I expected to sell but then again it wasn't an easy one to find unless someone had the same idea and specifically went looking for it!

It was way before we'd seen or considered ordering the Evoque - we just hoped it would appeal to someone a bit flashy who would pay a decent price for it and fortunately it has paid off! Otherwise would have been quite an expensive certificate as I don't think we would have used it!!
26-03-2012 02:46pm
PigLauncher

(23-03-2012 12:24am)The Valeter Wrote:  Not sure whether to leave as it comes (12 reg) but I chose the plate & the best they had was ** 12 VOC - sort of voque ish.
I have H1 EXV on my ZR-Express & H2 EXV on the Rover (EXV for Executive Valeting!) so I could have H3 EXV or even A3 EXV but I keep trying to find something Evoque based but the best I can find is E17 OKE or D19 LUX (Dine lux).
Any Thoughts?

NOoooooooo don't do it. The car is stunning and private plates are the epitome of bad taste. They belong on lime green Cleo’s or in wheelie bins.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
02-04-2012 12:39pm
defender_uk

utter b******s piglauncher!

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
02-04-2012 05:09pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

So called Private/ Cherished plates have their uses when you have bike racks, a couple of trailers, maybe a caravan and a couple of lighting boards all to fit new plates to when you change cars, saves quite a bit if you have one plate you move from car to car, you also don't forget your number plate when you change cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2012 05:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-04-2012 05:38pm
ED209

(02-04-2012 05:09pm)defender_uk Wrote:  utter b******s piglauncher!

I agree with him, unless said plates are two letters and a one/two digit number e,g "MT 1"

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
02-04-2012 06:17pm
WB
WB

I think what you mean is that it is a matter of opinion rather than taste Wink
02-04-2012 09:38pm
LDT

(02-04-2012 09:38pm)WB Wrote:  I think what you mean is that it is a matter of opinion rather than taste Wink

+1 - well said WB

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
02-04-2012 09:42pm