Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Painting black plastic trim in body colour on a Prestige Evoque
WB
WB

RE: Painting black plastic trim in body colour on a Prestige Evoque

(22-10-2012 10:52pm)stephenc Wrote:  I've just bought the dynamic sides from Duckworth Parts - £50 each side for the 5 door.

Only primed so will need spraying, but a local body shop has quoted me £300 to spray and fit the sides, front and rear bumpers.

For me personally, that lower trim will make a huge difference - I was always incredibly torn between prestige interior and dynamic exterior.

Hi, any chance you could post the part numbers for the sides if you have them handy? Have you bought the dynamic bumpers too or painting the current ones?
(17-10-2012 12:13pm)Rxa Wrote:  Not my car! Just wanted to show an example of the area which I want painted in body colour. Still in two minds if I should do it or not. I could get a dynamic rear bumper but dont really want to mess around with a new car straight away.

I might up ring up and ask a couple of body shops how much it'll cost. Does anyone know of any good body shops in Central, NW London?

Thanks

I can point you in the direction of a good bodyshop/detailer in London - I'll PM you.
(This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 11:23am by WB.)
23-10-2012 11:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stevehill

(22-10-2012 10:52pm)stephenc Wrote:  I've just bought the dynamic sides from Duckworth Parts - £50 each side for the 5 door.

Only primed so will need spraying, but a local body shop has quoted me £300 to spray and fit the sides, front and rear bumpers.

For me personally, that lower trim will make a huge difference - I was always incredibly torn between prestige interior and dynamic exterior.

Just had my prestige serviced at Lancaster Reading
Enquired about fitting the dynamic rear bumper and tail pipes
They told me it can't be done.
Which I know is a load of crap
What is needed as I will order from Duckworths
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 07:57am by cjfp.)
24-10-2012 04:43pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Here is the list - don't know if it s complete or not as I already the real thing........
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-Parts-Prices

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-10-2012 06:22pm
doug

The colour coded side trims is a mod I have been thinking about going for some time now. My only concern is that would it look unbalanced due to the prestige/pure bumpers not having the same line of colour codeing (that is if your not having the black plastic sprayed on the bumpers).
If anyone as already fitted the trims, could you post a picture please.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
24-10-2012 08:08pm
stevehill

(24-10-2012 06:22pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Here is the list - don't know if it s complete or not as I already the real thing........
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-Parts-Prices

cheers full fat tim
25-10-2012 05:12pm
Lolo_83

I would love to do this once i get mine... Any feedback on the amount of work involved?

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD
28-10-2012 04:30am
muff

I am having mine fully colour coded before taking delivery. The car is in the dealers showroom unregistered but is going to their recommended body shop on Monday to get the full treatment. As it happens the owner of the paint shop is a major Land Rover enthusiast and friend of mine. They already colour coded my RR Sport and did an amazing job. I can't wait to see how they transform my wife's new Fuji RRE 5 door Pure. I'll post some pics
Muff
09-11-2012 11:55pm
scalle

(09-11-2012 11:55pm)muff Wrote:  I am having mine fully colour coded before taking delivery. The car is in the dealers showroom unregistered but is going to their recommended body shop on Monday to get the full treatment. As it happens the owner of the paint shop is a major Land Rover enthusiast and friend of mine. They already colour coded my RR Sport and did an amazing job. I can't wait to see how they transform my wife's new Fuji RRE 5 door Pure. I'll post some pics
Muff

Please add some pictures when finished.
I'd love to see the black parts also on my evoque, thinking about getting him done from the moment it arrives.
Do you also have the black RR logo on the bonnet or are they still silver?

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
11-11-2012 11:55am
Evo-king

(24-10-2012 04:43pm)stevehill Wrote:  Just had my prestige serviced at Lancaster Reading
Enquired about fitting the dynamic rear bumper and tail pipes
They told me it can't be done.
Which I know is a load of crap
What is needed as I will order from Duckworths

I think something has been lost in translation. Your dealer says it can't be done.

It has already been said on this forum that others have done this. What the dealer might be implying is that the Dynamic has some different mouldings and to fit these to a Prestige or Pure will require some degree of modification either to the Dynamic parts or the Prestige/Pure body work.

Not impossible but maybe a little bit fiddly.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-11-2012 05:14pm
TicketBait

(11-11-2012 11:55am)scalle Wrote:  Please add some pictures when finished.
I'd love to see the black parts also on my evoque, thinking about getting him done from the moment it arrives.
Do you also have the black RR logo on the bonnet or are they still silver?

I agree please post many pics, both far and close up,
thanks!
11-11-2012 05:26pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply