Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Paint treatment- is it worth it?
Wicksy

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it?

Isn't this supa dupa paint protection nothing but high quality Carnuba wax? Personally I will be applying PS22 which costs £34 a tub - once applied it gives excellent shine and protection and only needs topping up every couple of months - I've used it on all of my cars and wouldn't use anything else
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 08:39pm by Wicksy.)
10-09-2011 08:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dpaine

i personally wouldnt even call it high quality, granted it will give your car/paintwork some protection (depending on how well its applied) but for the money they charge its a rip off imo[/align]
10-09-2011 08:43pm
ytshome

(10-09-2011 07:26pm)GinaS Wrote:  Sounds like a good idea (ytshome) will that cover inconsiderate drivers who open their car doors on ours??Confused:
I've had Supaguard in the past and been happy with the added protection it gives. I was quoted £399 at Stratstone Newcastle on Thursday night for 'next generation diamondbrite'?
Happy to get it-each to their own. Laughing
Hi here what the email said but I can see on second read that the SMART insurance is for 2 years. ps, I got them to reduce it to £399.00

"]In preparation for your Evoque, how would you feel if you left your new car on a car park and discovered a dent in the panel, or scuff on the bumper?
With many car parks and car parking spaces getting smaller minor damage is becoming more common to cars.We have a solution!
A new insurance has been launched to cover accidents like these.
Our Malicious and Accidental Cover will protect the car and pay for any minor dents, chips, scratches and scuffs to be repaired by Shine; a mobile body shop. All work is guaranteed for 3 years with no excess to pay, and because it is separate to your motor insurance, will not affect your no claims discount.
In addition to this you can claim up to 5 replacement tyres due to punctures or malicious £250/tyre and up o 10 alloy wheel refurbishments, so should you clip a kerb you wheels will put back to their original condition prior to the incident.
This is a 24 month policy and is a one off fee of £499; thus keeping your car in tip top condition protecting the car's resale value.
The average SMART repair is £200 and the average ally wheel refurbishment is £100, so the policy will pay for itself.
Also attached are the details for GAP Cover, should the car be involved in total loss accident or stolen and written off by your insurance company, you will only get the trade value off them to find replacement car, GAP Cover will cover that difference between your original invoice price and the trade value/insurance payout up to a maximum payout of £20000 (whichever is the greatest).
This is £399 for 3 years cover, so you only pay for it once"

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
10-09-2011 08:56pm
tom

Hi who sent you the email for the malicious damaged insurance as I am interested in this thanks
10-09-2011 09:13pm
GinaS

Hi Ytshome,
Wow thanks very much for all the info. Lots to think about and discuss with my dealer.
Re paint treatment-don't have time (or inclination sorry) to be waxing the car every few months, call me lazy, I'd rather pay for the right product...thing is I'm getting more and more confused as to which is best!
I'm watching this thread with interest as my car won't be ready til April (aaah)....
Thanks again Ytshome.
10-09-2011 09:39pm
Wicksy

(10-09-2011 09:39pm)GinaS Wrote:  Hi Ytshome,
Wow thanks very much for all the info. Lots to think about and discuss with my dealer.
Re paint treatment-don't have time (or inclination sorry) to be waxing the car every few months, call me lazy, I'd rather pay for the right product...thing is I'm getting more and more confused as to which is best!
I'm watching this thread with interest as my car won't be ready til April (aaah)....
Thanks again Ytshome.

I think you will find that you have to apply some kind of treatment every so often to keep a valid warranty - total waste of money if you ask me - what does it give that a high quality wax doesn't?
10-09-2011 09:48pm
GinaS

(10-09-2011 09:48pm)Wicksy Wrote:  
(10-09-2011 09:39pm)GinaS Wrote:  Hi Ytshome,
Thanks again Ytshome.

I think you will find that you have to apply some kind of treatment every so often to keep a valid warranty - total waste of money if you ask me - what does it give that a high quality wax doesn't?
To be honest never had a problem where I've needed to question the warranty but yes I did get a box of goodies with my current car....3.5 year old ML320Cdi, AMG wheels etc-still looks fab.
10-09-2011 09:55pm
Wicksy

I had Supaguard on my Black Lexus IS200 years ago because I knew how hard Black would be to maintain - I still had to wax it often to keep it looking good after parting with £180Evil
10-09-2011 10:00pm
GinaS

Hi,
I can only speak from my own experience-my car is obsidian black. I have never personally waxed it however I do have it professionally valeted every month. I've never had a Range Rover before but I'm hoping the paint quality will be high.
10-09-2011 10:03pm
mortz

(10-09-2011 08:56pm)ytshome Wrote:  
(10-09-2011 07:26pm)GinaS Wrote:  Sounds like a good idea (ytshome) will that cover inconsiderate drivers who open their car doors on ours??Confused:
I've had Supaguard in the past and been happy with the added protection it gives. I was quoted £399 at Stratstone Newcastle on Thursday night for 'next generation diamondbrite'?
Happy to get it-each to their own. Laughing
Hi here what the email said but I can see on second read that the SMART insurance is for 2 years. ps, I got them to reduce it to £399.00

"]In preparation for your Evoque, how would you feel if you left your new car on a car park and discovered a dent in the panel, or scuff on the bumper?
With many car parks and car parking spaces getting smaller minor damage is becoming more common to cars.We have a solution!
A new insurance has been launched to cover accidents like these.
Our Malicious and Accidental Cover will protect the car and pay for any minor dents, chips, scratches and scuffs to be repaired by Shine; a mobile body shop. All work is guaranteed for 3 years with no excess to pay, and because it is separate to your motor insurance, will not affect your no claims discount.
In addition to this you can claim up to 5 replacement tyres due to punctures or malicious £250/tyre and up o 10 alloy wheel refurbishments, so should you clip a kerb you wheels will put back to their original condition prior to the incident.
This is a 24 month policy and is a one off fee of £499; thus keeping your car in tip top condition protecting the car's resale value.
The average SMART repair is £200 and the average ally wheel refurbishment is £100, so the policy will pay for itself.
Also attached are the details for GAP Cover, should the car be involved in total loss accident or stolen and written off by your insurance company, you will only get the trade value off them to find replacement car, GAP Cover will cover that difference between your original invoice price and the trade value/insurance payout up to a maximum payout of £20000 (whichever is the greatest).
This is £399 for 3 years cover, so you only pay for it once"

If damaged... does not cover a shadow chrome finish on your alloys....Cool
10-09-2011 10:09pm