Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Paint treatment- is it worth it?
Pricy147

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it?

(16-07-2011 01:49am)vinda Wrote:  What car and colour.

TTRS in Phantom Black
16-07-2011 11:56pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
abcya

Thought I'd revive this post having now been offered Pure Guard by the dealer for £399. That includes paint and interior fabric treatment. There's a poor website: http://www.interclean-ltd.co.uk where the product is called Surelook, but otherwise the marketing materials are exactly the same, so preumably someone sued them for the name or they had a re-branding.

GardX looks very similar and mentioned on this thread: http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Paint-Protection-Systems
Neither has any pricing, so I guess it's always done through agents or car dealers?

Anyone had any further thoughts? I see that @XFullFatTim seemed to be a scpetic, but did have it done in the end?
10-09-2011 04:55pm
MW73

I have been offered AGlaze which is used on airlines and super yachts so I would have thought it was a quality product? The cost is £299 for exterior and interior to be treated and it has a 5 yr guarantee. More info on..
http://www.aglaze.com
I'm undecided as yet but will probably go for it. Rolling Eyes
10-09-2011 06:10pm
tom

Been offered the Supagard ultra pro protection for £299 Don't know if I go for it or not. it's not a lot considering what you are paying for the car and I'm going for a White RRE
10-09-2011 07:09pm
GinaS

I'm definitely getting it. Paint seems to be so 'soft' nowadays....also anything that protects the interior from my monsters is worth it.
10-09-2011 07:14pm
ytshome

Personally, I consider thesetreatments to be little more than a dealer inspired profit maker. I've heard tales of dealers paying very very little for these products and making profits in terms of around 1000%

If you are really bothered RR also offer a dealer option of Malicious/accidental damage insurance which retails around £499 but at least this covers any body work, not covered by normal car insurance such as stone chips and alloy wheel refurb for three years

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
10-09-2011 07:19pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

Personally i would apply or get someone to apply werkstat acrylic jet on it rather than a dealer applied finish...
had my RRS protected with this and very pleased with the results

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/...-cat1.html

The problem with dealer applied protection is that it is often applied over a badly prepped paint finish.

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 07:29pm by Zermatt Vulgaris.)
10-09-2011 07:26pm
GinaS

Sounds like a good idea (ytshome) will that cover inconsiderate drivers who open their car doors on ours??Confused:
I've had Supaguard in the past and been happy with the added protection it gives. I was quoted £399 at Stratstone Newcastle on Thursday night for 'next generation diamondbrite'?
Happy to get it-each to their own. Laughing
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 07:31pm by GinaS.)
10-09-2011 07:26pm
dpaine

Possibly a bit overboard and anal but anyone considering paying for paint protection by supaguard/gard-x should consider having a new car prep by a reputable detailer. take a look at the thread below

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/sh...shed+bliss

and that is on a white car, imagine the difference on a darker car.
There is a misconception that all new cars leave the dealership in fantastic condition, a new car prep will rectify any defects and protect it against all sorts of contamination/dirt.

i intend on getting mine done the day i collect it, its a small price to pay to ensure the paintwork is properly protected. It is also considerably cheaper than some of the astronomical quotes given to some for supaguard/gardx!
10-09-2011 07:39pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

(10-09-2011 07:39pm)dpaine Wrote:  There is a misconception that all new cars leave the dealership in fantastic condition, a new car prep will rectify any defects and protect it against all sorts of contamination/dirt.

i intend on getting mine done the day i collect it, its a small price to pay to ensure the paintwork is properly protected. It is also considerably cheaper than some of the astronomical quotes given to some for supaguard/gardx!

+1 the way forward ... much better value than supaguard, don't forget to get the alloys waxed as well.

Here is the RRS post purchase protection :

http://www.frmobilevaleting.com/featured...t-p67.html

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 08:04pm by Zermatt Vulgaris.)
10-09-2011 07:45pm