Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Paint treatment- is it worth it?
Daigriff

RE: Paint treatment- is it worth it?

I'm still confused over what to do with paint protection/leather protection. Its been offered amongst lots of other stuff. but after reading posts not sure if its value for money and also whether the dealership will apply the product properly.

Thoughts

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
04-12-2011 11:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

(04-12-2011 11:20pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I'm still confused over what to do with paint protection/leather protection. Its been offered amongst lots of other stuff. but after reading posts not sure if its value for money and also whether the dealership will apply the product properly.

Thoughts

It is fine if it is applied properly so if the dealer is to do it I would stay there & watch them do it as it should take at least 2.5 hours to do on a fully prepared car!!..........

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-12-2011 11:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James-ferguson

(04-12-2011 11:20pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I'm still confused over what to do with paint protection/leather protection. Its been offered amongst lots of other stuff. but after reading posts not sure if its value for money and also whether the dealership will apply the product properly.

Thoughts

It's offered with other stuff but I just said throw in the paint protection and interior protection for free and your got a deal... You've nothing to lose if you ask me.
04-12-2011 11:42pm
The Valeter

(04-12-2011 11:42pm)James-ferguson Wrote:  It's offered with other stuff but I just said throw in the paint protection and interior protection for free and your got a deal... You've nothing to lose if you ask me.

In my experience of these products when it's offered for free it often doesn't get done.................

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-12-2011 11:59pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ytshome

(04-12-2011 11:59pm)The Valeter Wrote:  In my experience of these products when it's offered for free it often doesn't get done.................

Well done Valeter. I for one appreciate your insight into these things and if you were local to me you'd be getting a call. Thumbs Up

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
05-12-2011 12:37am
marktikolo
Banned

Completely absent this thread. Based on this i'll apparently not go for it. Out of interest- does anyone apperceive how abundant it costs to get a car like this resprayed in a altered LR colour? I anticipate im traveling to affliction not affairs firenze red if i buy my alive sumatra black.....
20-12-2011 07:02pm