Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Outstanding Dealer ?
AndyF

Outstanding Dealer ?

This is my first posting in the forum and I would never have guessed that this would be the topic.

My dealer wants me to fill in the Land Rover purchase feedback survey and say they were outstanding for everything. I'm told that if I rate them lower than outstanding then they will be considered a failure.

In all my years of buying a new car I have never received such pressure. Telling me to rate them as outstanding is probably the single most unsatisfactory part of the purchasing process. I guess this pressure is coming from high up within the dealership and not from the sales person himself (who I got on well with).

I don't think my sales man or the dealership deserves to be considered a failure, certainly not by Land Rover.

So does anyone know if its true that JLR will consider the sale a failure if I don't rate the dealer as outstanding?

5dr, SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Lux.
26-07-2012 05:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Outstanding Dealer ?

Welcome to the forum Andy

1)Be honest otherwise the survey is pointless. Telling the truth never hurt anybody and for them to influence what is supposed to be YOUR views
means that they are creating a false impression

2) If they are pressurising you then maybe they have something to be worried about....................

Are your dealers part of one of the big national chains?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 05:58pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-07-2012 05:54pm
Evo-king

I didn't give my dealer full marks, had a few follow up phone calls and told the person on the other end how it was warts and all.

There's nothing wrong with being truthful, everyone should benefit because of it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
26-07-2012 06:14pm
Barton Evoque

I never ever fill these feedback forms in. I like to keep them guessing on what services they think they gave me.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
26-07-2012 06:23pm
Urban Splash

Tell the dealer you want an 'incentive' to mark high if it means so much to them!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
26-07-2012 07:01pm
AndyF

They are a small dealer in a regional chain which has lots of smallish dealers covering a large range of makes.

I doubt I would consider any dealer to be outstanding. My perception of what would make a dealer outstanding depends on my previous experience of dealers and so far I rate my ex BMW dealership as the best I've experienced but I wouldn't rate them outstanding.

I would say my Land Rover dealer was good and (so far) I would be happy to buy another car from them.

5dr, SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Lux.
26-07-2012 07:20pm
ED209

Be honest.

The higher the rating they get the more money they get, do not reward failure (if they did in fact fail)

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
26-07-2012 07:34pm
Vern

AndyF

Had exactly the same request from my dealer, virtually word for word. My dealership rates themselves as the largest group so shouldn't be worried about their position.

Again like you I rate my previous BMW dealer as the benchmark to compare to and the Landrover distributor was way short, but how much was due to the ludicrous situation Landrover put there distributors in with the lack information post placing an order. Other than that the dealership was pretty good.

Bought the Wife a new Ford Focus last October as well. Guess what, different chain but identical request. Maybe a hangover from the old Ford days.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
26-07-2012 07:43pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It's all part of the dreaded KPIs. Your dealer will have to score so many points a month or quarter from very good customer satisfaction reports to get some sort of bonus internally in the group.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-07-2012 08:15pm
ChuckieB

Perhaps a challenge back to the dealer to get them to define outstanding? That might put them on the spot!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
27-07-2012 12:16am