Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Outstanding Dealer ?
Michelle

RE: Outstanding Dealer ?

The pressure should /is on the dealer not on the customer. It's up to him to try and be outstanding. Be honest otherwise everyone will be " outstanding" whilst making no effort to become so.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2012 02:19pm by Michelle.)
27-07-2012 06:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

My dealer finance manager tried the same trick with me, just after he handed me the keys. Given the issues I had at handover and leading up to it I told in no uncertain terms he wouldn't be getting a good score, he then replied it would effect the salesman bonus - my reply "so what he should have worked harder for it".

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
27-07-2012 06:40am
KaDargo

I filled in a form stating what parts of the process I wasn't happy with, and haven't received any contact from anyone since!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
27-07-2012 09:40am
CRC@LandRover

Hi Everyone,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been asked to amend your feedback by the dealership, at Land Rover we are interested in true reflection of your experience so that we know where positive feedback is required or improvements need to be made.

If you would like to provide feedback directly to me I can pass this on to the relevant departments.

AndyF – I tried to send you a private message but it’s disabled, please get in touch if you would like to discuss this further.

Kind Regards,
Nick

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
27-07-2012 02:45pm
AndyF

I've enabled private messages but I won't be willing to name my dealer.

It should be clear to Land Rover that requiring outstanding is a broken strategy (assuming I was told the truth) which is also the view of my dealer. Why do so many people who come up with these strategies fail to see the consequences.

You might want honest feedback, but I want my dealer to remain as a financially viable Land Rover dealer (just a few miles from where I work) so they can fix and service my car. I would be extremely unhappy if they chose to switch to a different brand, leaving me to find an alternative dealer far away. Remember that I'm perfectly happy with my dealer, I just wouldn't rate them as outstanding.

I have far stronger feelings about what car manufacturers could do to improve their cars than I do about what the dealers could have done better - but I've never once been asked by any manufacturer for my views. Maybe if the Land Rover survey (which I haven't looked at yet) was to ask me for my opinion about both the car and the dealer, then I would feel more like a valued Land Rover customer and not like a cash opportunity. I suppose car manufacturers don't see buyers as customers.

5dr, SD4 Dynamic, Auto, Lux.
27-07-2012 04:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You need to have 5 posts before your PM's are enabled so go and add a reply of a smiley to a thread somewhere or post an answer to this and you'll have the required 5 posts!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2012 05:53pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-07-2012 05:50pm
Tony

(27-07-2012 09:40am)KaDargo Wrote:  I filled in a form stating what parts of the process I wasn't happy with, and haven't received any contact from anyone since!

+1

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
27-07-2012 06:58pm
Evo-king

If I'm not mistaken there are two different surveys doing the rounds, one is specific to your purchase experience and is more dealer orientated, the other comes from Land Rover and is geared much more to your ownership and driving experiences, issues with the car good&bad, with feedback going to LR engineers/testers.

I've had both and completed both.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
27-07-2012 08:45pm
tetstb

I've complained about my whole experience and nobody cares, the cars are selling and thats all anyone cares about, seems you're either luck or you're not and if not then 'thats what Land Rovers do.....' seems to be the excuse.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
28-07-2012 03:00pm
SINGHY

I completed the survey and compared to many of the dealer experiences reported through the forum mine was actually fine, so I rated them outstanding and was surprised to receive an email from them offering me 10% discount on servicing.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
28-07-2012 06:03pm