Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered and New to the Forum
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Ordered and New to the Forum

Nice colour. You could be one of the first here to have Corris

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-10-2014 02:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nikk26

Well I chased the broker yesterday and the response I got back today was "I have received an update from our supplying dealer. There is a slight delay, in that the vehicle is currently expected to arrive with our supplying dealer in Late November/Early December".

I have asked what the delay is as I was originally given "mid-November" as an estimate. I don't mind end of Nov but moving into December i'll be concerned I won't see it before Christmas (especially if the factory shuts down for 2 weeks like most usually do!)
29-10-2014 03:54pm
XFullFatTim

As far as I know ED4 is not a popular model in the UK (the real life fuel savings are not that great over 4WD versions and certainly a lot less than the Official figures would have you think) so you may be waiting until there are sufficient orders for them to run a batch through the factory. Also if you have ordered a less popular colour that can effect build date. If the build date does end up in December it would also be advisable not to have the car registered until January 2015 even if it is a 2015MY, register it in December and it will always be a 2014 car and that makes a difference when it comes to selling it on, even to the lease company

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-10-2014 07:37pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-10-2014 07:35pm
Redrob

I don't think they run batches now, I was on the factory VIP tour yesterday and they said they come down the production line as they are ordered, as we watched it was Sports and Discoveries coming down all mixed, the Robot just changed tools, depending on which model was in front of them.
May be different where the Evoque is manufactured.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
30-10-2014 06:24pm
Nikk26

Thanks both. I'm interested to see when the car will be ready for pick up now then. I honestly can see them pushing it back until after Christmas and if that's the case then I will wait until January to register. Such a pain not knowing when it's going to arrive. My sister has just ordered a new mini today (different tastes in car!) so it will now be a case of who gets their car quickest! Smile
31-10-2014 12:34pm
Nikk26

So just to give you a further update ... I was told end of November and when I chased last week it has now been pushed back to Mid December. I asked again today via email what is actually happening after escalating to the MD of the company last week (who didn't respond by the way) and I got this response ...

"I have spoken to Oliver, following your email to him last week. We do appreciate your frustration at the delay and with the lack of information received; unfortunately we can only pass on information as we receive [/b]it ourselves, and we have been disappointed at the response from our supplier when requesting updates on our outstanding Evoque orders.

In the interim period I have had contact from our Land Rover dealer suggesting that the delay will continue into the New Year. The issue is with the allocation of build slots, which have continued to be subject to change. We are speaking to a larger Land Rover dealer to see if we can move the order over to them, in the hope that this will mean an improvement in the situation.

If you are unable to accommodate any further extension in the lead time we will of course refund your deposit in full. We are assured that the delays would have been the same had you ordered directly with your local dealer. "[b]

So it looks like it isn't even going to be this year when I placed the order on 7th August. In all honestly i'm after some advice on whether this company is just taking me for a bit of a mug or whether I stick it out now after waiting this long already? Is there really such a long wait for these cars? As I currently have no car it's proven so difficult for me to get around! Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks Smile
02-12-2014 09:04pm
bee

(02-12-2014 09:04pm)Nikk26 Wrote:  So just to give you a further update ... I was told end of November and when I chased last week it has now been pushed back to Mid December. I asked again today via email what is actually happening after escalating to the MD of the company last week (who didn't respond by the way) and I got this response ...

"I have spoken to Oliver, following your email to him last week. We do appreciate your frustration at the delay and with the lack of information received; unfortunately we can only pass on information as we receive [/b]it ourselves, and we have been disappointed at the response from our supplier when requesting updates on our outstanding Evoque orders.

In the interim period I have had contact from our Land Rover dealer suggesting that the delay will continue into the New Year. The issue is with the allocation of build slots, which have continued to be subject to change. We are speaking to a larger Land Rover dealer to see if we can move the order over to them, in the hope that this will mean an improvement in the situation.

If you are unable to accommodate any further extension in the lead time we will of course refund your deposit in full. We are assured that the delays would have been the same had you ordered directly with your local dealer. "[b]

So it looks like it isn't even going to be this year when I placed the order on 7th August. In all honestly i'm after some advice on whether this company is just taking me for a bit of a mug or whether I stick it out now after waiting this long already? Is there really such a long wait for these cars? As I currently have no car it's proven so difficult for me to get around! Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks Smile
personally I would cancel and buy an approved nearly new one from a main dealer. and pressure for
extras.Wink

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
02-12-2014 09:26pm
XFullFatTim

One problem is that car broker's customers come after dealership customers and as dealerships cannot get hold of factory order Evoques (especially 9 speed autos) for love nor money and have sold their allocation of builds well into next year then brokers are not getting a look-in. I would cancel and go to one of the big dealer groups and re-order direct. You won't get any discount whatsoever unless you take a cancelled order or a car the dealer cannot shift, there are simply too many customers chasing too few cars. Bear in mind UK customers come after export customers too as 80% of production is exported - you might get one quicker ordering through a dealer in Australia!

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 11:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
02-12-2014 11:26pm
Nikk26

Just to update you all ... I got a refund from the car broker and bought a 13 plate evoque on Thursday and had it delivered yesterday! The wait time for a brand new one was too much to go through after already waiting 17 weeks so I have got everything the same as I ordered apart from Orkney grey and not corris! I also have the added bonus of a panoramic roof and privacy glass and a saving of £6k on top of that! The company I bought from couldn't do enough for me (found it on autotrader) and I ended up with free delivery (should be £100) as they are 250 miles from me, free 12 months tax, 2 year land rover warranty and a big bouquet of flowers so I am very happy! The car is immaculate with 17k miles on the clock and I have spent most of the day driving round in it! Thanks for all the advice you now have one very happy evoque owner Smile
06-12-2014 08:38pm
Harryw1

I'm thinking of ordering a black pack corris grey evoque early next year. Just need to find out delivery times. Which dealer did you place an order with.

63 Plate MY13 Range Rover Evoque 2.2 SD4 Pure 5dr Auto - Orkney Grey
07-12-2014 05:41pm