Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ordered and New to the Forum
Nikk26

Ordered and New to the Forum

Hi All,

New to the forum as you can see from my thread subject Smile

I ordered my new Evoque 7th August and was given a 14-16 week delivery estimate. I think I differ from most as I have ordered directly from the broker rather than the dealership. I had a terrible experience with my local dealership who messed me around so much I decided not to part with my money and give them commission when the broker offered a better deal. Currently been given a "mid November" estimate however starting to feel impatient now after selling my own vehicle in time for the new arrival. Tried to contact my broker but just getting the "we update you when we get updated" script.

Does anyone know what the rough estimate times are?

I have ordered a pretty basic evoque as I'm not one for using the toys in there etc but have wanted a Range Rover since a young age!!

Thanks
Nikk
27-10-2014 05:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Ordered and New to the Forum

Nikk, welcome to the forums.

16 weeks is about the lead in time now for a 9 speed automatic, manual gearbox cars SHOULD be less thsn that as there isn't as shortage of manual gearboxes. The other reason is that there is a new model range coming in January and I have a suspisicion that (the same happened to Freelander when Evoque started to be built) Land Rover is concentrating on Discovery Sports to build a good stock of launch and dealer demo cars, unfortuantely those with Evoque orders have to suffer longer lead in times.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2014 05:15pm by XFullFatTim.)
27-10-2014 05:14pm
Nikk26

Thanks Smile

My order is a ED4 pure manual so hoping to have it before the 16 weeks. 16 weeks takes me to 27th nov but again as I've gone through the broker I have a feeling I won't be given a build date or VIN for example as not sure they work to how a dealership does. Just checking I'm not being too impatient by chasing them up already!

Really hope it comes soon I'm like a kid at Christmas at the moment Smile
27-10-2014 05:35pm
XFullFatTim

Keep the pressure on them as they should be able to get the VIN no problem at all once the car has started build.

Kid at Christmas - I think >90% here have been down that road!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-10-2014 05:38pm
PhilSkill

Welcome Nikk, and welcome into the Manual Owners fold too, you'll love it when it arrives!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-10-2014 05:41pm
MrNoo

(27-10-2014 05:14pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Nikk, welcome to the forums.

16 weeks is about the lead in time now for a 9 speed automatic, manual gearbox cars SHOULD be less thsn that as there isn't as shortage of manual gearboxes. The other reason is that there is a new model range coming in January and I have a suspisicion that (the same happened to Freelander when Evoque started to be built) Land Rover is concentrating on Discovery Sports to build a good stock of launch and dealer demo cars, unfortuantely those with Evoque orders have to suffer longer lead in times.

I read somewhere that 1 in 5 or 20% of all Evoques manufactured went to China. With the new factory in China opening last week, capable of eventually producing 130,000 cars pa (all for the Chinese market) that should lead to a health boost in cars for other markets coming out of Halewood.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
27-10-2014 05:43pm
Nikk26

Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to it arriving now. I test drove one a few months ago and fell in love. My car is being delivered to my local dealership eventually once it arrives so hoping for a better experience picking it up! That's good news about China manufacturing more too.

Has anyone taken out the service pack with Land Rover? The dealership has said for £500 you can get up to 5 services or 60,000 miles so I'm thinking it's worth it going off service costs.

I'll keep on at the broker until then, I don't think asking for an update every 3 weeks is good enough as they surely must have some information for me by now or maybe I'm just being a little too impatient Smile
27-10-2014 05:59pm
PhilSkill

Yes if you're keeping it just 2 years then the Service Pack is an essential. Sadly us early owners didn't get this option.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-10-2014 06:14pm
XFullFatTim

The service pack is good value AND unlike many of these things it can be transferred to the next owner too.

27-10-2014 09:06pm
Nikk26

Thanks everyone. I intend to get the service pack as it appears to be good value for money. Just called the broker and he is quoting "mid November" still. He said he will try and get some information for me but they don't work like a dealership does and can only quote a date once they have it so I won't get a build date like everyone else! He has said he can't see it being pushed back so mid November is still the same date at the moment. In the worst case scenario 16 weeks (which i was quoted maximum) takes me to 27th November so not too long to wait but these last few weeks are dragging ... especially now I have no vehicle!! I should be grateful as I can see from other forum posts that others have waited a lot longer.

For anyone interested i've ordered:

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2.2 eD4 Pure 5dr diesel hatchback
Metallic - Corris grey
Leather - Cirrus/Lunar
Front Parking Aid
18" 5 split spoke alloy wheel with sparkle silver finish style 506 (contemplating changing them to black)
Rear view camera
Colourway - Lunar/Cirrus
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2014 12:12pm by Nikk26.)
28-10-2014 12:07pm