Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Stock Of Style 7 Shadow Chrome 20" Wheels.
Ironsfan

RE: No Stock Of Style 7 Shadow Chrome 20" Wheels.

I also got the email today from my dealer about the Style 7's not being available;

The Chrome Shadow Alloy Style 7 has been temporarily withdrawn from supply until further notice. I checked the order on the Land rover system this morning and it still shows the alloys as per your order. I spoke to my manager about this and he is of the opinion Land Rover will just supply the standard wheel. This is outside our control.

Forgive me for being picky, but if I'm paying over 40K for a brand new car I would like the spec I ordered and not just settle for what they've got left. I thought that was the whole point or am I missing the point???

I had to contact my dealer to ask about the Style 7’s not being unavailable. When do you think they would have got around to telling me do you think? The day I went to pick it up! Probably…

Thinking of just cancelling and getting my deposit back and waiting until the initial build problems I have been reading about on this forum have been resolved and you never know, they may even re-introduce the Shadows! Wheels that is, not pop group Laughing

BTW: Placed order in Nov, confirmed spec in Jan, expected in April hmm…

Delivery 23/05: 5dr SD4 DYNAMIC - Orkney grey, black panoramic roof, style 7 wheels, ebony Int/head, PV glass, powered tailgate.
29-02-2012 01:02am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thumper

Same thing happened to me with the gloss black spoke wheels. Instead I ended up with the style 7 chrome. No problems after 1K miles with paint. Smile

Luvin' every minute of if it!!!
29-02-2012 01:54am
Samouraï

Same call today from my dealer!
It's not a problem for me cause i like style 6 too. I think i will paint them in black in the future (or directly i don't know)
29-02-2012 06:10pm
Evo-king

(29-02-2012 01:02am)Ironsfan Wrote:  I also got the email today from my dealer about the Style 7's not being available;

Thinking of just cancelling and getting my deposit back and waiting until the initial build problems I have been reading about on this forum have been resolved and you never know, they may even re-introduce the Shadows! Wheels that is, not pop group Laughing

BTW: Placed order in Nov, confirmed spec in Jan, expected in April hmm…

Ironsfan.

Maybe you should cancel your order, it will move someone else up the queue.

Especially as you appear to have a good dealer, who can process you order very quickly, most of us on here have had much longer waits.

Can you not buy these wheels elsewhere?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-02-2012 09:31pm
David-H.

Hi all.

Well, we've had the same issue.

I was at the dealers this morning (Pentland of Edinburgh) to speak with a guy from the body shop they use about painting the Style 6 alloys to be Style 7's. He assured me that they will look exactly as they would from the factory. So I've given Pentland the go ahead to have this done prior to us collecting the car.

I'll update this after we pick up the car on the 17th.

David.

Dynamic Coupe SD4 manual, Orkney Grey, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass & 20" Chrome Shadow Alloys.

Other drives - Suzuki Jimny - lifted 2 " (Offroad toy)
BMW Mini John Cooper Works.
29-02-2012 09:44pm
Ranger4

(29-02-2012 09:44pm)David-H. Wrote:  Hi all.

Well, we've had the same issue.

I was at the dealers this morning (Pentland of Edinburgh) to speak with a guy from the body shop they use about painting the Style 6 alloys to be Style 7's. He assured me that they will look exactly as they would from the factory. So I've given Pentland the go ahead to have this done prior to us collecting the car.

I'll update this after we pick up the car on the 17th.

David.

Would love to know how you get on with this, sounds interesting.....

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
01-03-2012 01:47am
jutrem

(16-02-2012 08:38pm)The Valeter Wrote:  And to think not so long ago a company called GKN Kent Alloys close to me in Strood, Kent made Landrover wheels. They made for Rover Group, Peogeot & others too. All down to cost I suppose.

Land Rover probably has more than one supplier for alloys. The factory shadow chrome wheels on my LR2 (Freelander 2) say made in Italy.
01-03-2012 06:07am
maccauk

My car was delivered to the dealer yesterday with shadow chromes fitted - I double checked as I went in to finalise the paperwork.

I assume the shortage was shortlived - I spoke with my dealer and he hadn't heard of, or experienced, any supply problems surrounding the shadow chrome wheels
06-03-2012 05:01pm
simonc

Well that's rather annoying, and stupid that they didn't just hold onto the orders that wanted shadow chromes for an extra week or so rather than pushing them through with the sparkle silvers instead. Already seen on topix that mine has got the style 17 wheels, which I believe is Topix-speak for style 6 sparkle silver. I would have happily waited an extra week or two if it had meant I would get the shadow chromes - I had been led to believe the lack of shadow chromes was a much longer term issue which was why they were changing the orders to style 6 instead. Oh well - am sure it will still look nice with style 6 - just disappointing that I won't be getting the style 7 that I would have preferred.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
06-03-2012 10:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Simon, you can always buy a set and then sell on the style 6's to recoup some of the cost, I'm sure that there are people out there who would take them off you.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-03-2012 10:33pm