Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
News about 2016 MY RREs
m_101

RE: News about 2016 MY RREs

I quite like the look of the new lights, and don't mind the new spoiler with the twin fins and slimmer brake light. Not quite as sold on the new front bumper and looking at these changes I'm still thinking my next car will probably be the F-Pace (if I don't win the lottery, that is)

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
24-02-2015 11:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

(24-02-2015 05:26pm)derekredwards Wrote:  See link below from a US Site, these are the best details i've seen to date

Derek, checkout the link I posted above (post #14) it goes direct to LR Press site with all the info and hi-res pictures for the UK market, it's where your link has copied the info from Smile

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
25-02-2015 11:01am
Simplesimon

This Sunday I will be taking delivery of my 1st ever evoque. (Corris grey with black pack).
When I first heard of the MY 16 facelift I was pretty gutted to say the least. But having now seen the pics etc, am perfectly happy, and still as excited as ever!!

Here is my take on the changes:
Firstly. I think the new front end and lights (front AND rear) are awful. They look like some aftermarket body kit parts from Khan or even the ones sold on eBay. I much prefer the round petal LED's on the current model. And those huge empty air intakes housing the fog lights. Are they for clearing snow. Or catching roadkill!!?!
If anyone has seen the old RRS with the awful blingy bodykit, that footballers and their wives (or whatever you call them) had fitted to attract more attention, and that completely ruined a fabulous car. This is what the new front end reminds me of!
My previous car was a Toyota Rav 4. I loved this car. But soon after we bought it they gave it a facelift. Which was basically just a new front end and I thought it was awful, and had ruined the look of the car. And I never got used to it!!
Also. For anyone not in the know regarding evoques. I mean I'm sure most people on here including myself are evoque fanatics, and know the car inside and out. Will think that the exterior tweaks are just options. Because the car looks basically the same.
Currently there is the pure, the dynamic, dynamic with black pack and autobiography . And they all look slightly different in one form or another. With different wheels, different front end etc etc.

Anyway. As for the other new bells and whistles. Yes the ingenious engine sounds good. But has yet to be proven.
The interior tweaks such as infotainment and new seats etc. Are a nice touch. But personally I will be struggling with all the electrical bells and whistle that are on the current car. After all, I will be driving it most of the time. Hopefully!
And finally. What is that electric tailgate all about. Where you swipe your foot under the bumper for it to open and close!!?!
There are going to be a few bloody noses or worse. When lumbered with heavy shopping bags, you don't step out of the way quick enough!!:roll
My main concern though, was the value of my car a couple of years down the line. And I really don't think it will change anything. The waiting lists are bad enough as they are. And will probably get worse with the new car. Such is the demand!!
Roll on Sunday!
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2015 01:16pm by Simplesimon.)
25-02-2015 12:49pm
Devonian

(25-02-2015 12:49pm)Simplesimon Wrote:  This Sunday I will be taking delivery of my 1st ever evoque. (Corris grey with black pack).
When I first heard of the MY 16 facelift I was pretty gutted to say the least. But having now seen the pics etc, am perfectly happy, and still as excited as ever!!

Here is my take on the changes:
Firstly. I think the new front end and lights (front AND rear) are awful. They look like some aftermarket body kit parts from Khan or even the ones sold on eBay. I much prefer the round petal LED's on the current model. And those huge empty air intakes housing the fog lights. Are they for clearing snow. Or catching roadkill!!?!
If anyone has seen the old RRS with the awful blingy bodykit, that footballers and their wives (or whatever you call them) had fitted to attract more attention, and that completely ruined a fabulous car. This is what the new front end reminds me of!
My previous car was a Toyota Rav 4. I loved this car. But soon after we bought it they gave it a facelift. Which was basically just a new front end and I thought it was awful, and had ruined the look of the car. And I never got used to it!!
Also. For anyone not in the know regarding evoques. I mean I'm sure most people on here including myself are evoque fanatics, and know the car inside and out. Will think that the exterior tweaks are just options. Because the car looks basically the same.
Currently there is the pure, the dynamic, dynamic with black pack and autobiography . And they all look slightly different in one form or another. With different wheels, different front end etc etc.

Anyway. As for the other new bells and whistles. Yes the ingenious engine sounds good. But has yet to be proven.
The interior tweaks such as infotainment and new seats etc. Are a nice touch. But personally I will be struggling with all the electrical bells and whistle that are on the current car. After all, I will be driving it most of the time. Hopefully!
And finally. What is that electric tailgate all about. Where you swipe your foot under the bumper for it to open and close!!?!
There are going to be a few bloody noses or worse. When lumbered with heavy shopping bags, you don't step out of the way quick enough!!:roll
My main concern though, was the value of my car a couple of years down the line. And I really don't think it will change anything. The waiting lists are bad enough as they are. And will probably get worse with the new car. Such is the demand!!
Roll on Sunday!

I reckon you're spot on there Simon. I don't see the changes as massive other than the new engine. With the oil price much lower that's less of an issue in the short term anyway.

You'll love the car. I'm in Chester so if you see a Corris Grey Dynamic with a black roof then give me a thumbs up!

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
25-02-2015 06:18pm
RacingSnake

I see that the 'concept' wheels with the double spoke style 6's as seen on the new RRS are going to make it as an official wheel - which is awesome, as I was on the cusp of buying hooky versions from ebay! lol
instead I'll wait and get the OEM ones.

The lights I'm undecided on, maybe swap them over, not sure..... but that said, with the convertible looking like it's back on the table again, it might be that we chop our coupe in for that (as was the plan 2 years ago when the first rumours came out!!)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
26-02-2015 03:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

They are LED headlights RS, so swapping back to old may not be just a simple swap out to Xenon.

It's growing on me and think they've done a good job to update it, without losing the essence.

Loving those wheels, Still keeping mine though!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2015 11:20pm by PhilSkill.)
26-02-2015 11:19pm
J77

Hmm.... The most efficient Land Rover ever, didn't they say that when it was first introduced and look how that turned out, but at least the TD4 badged cars get a blue Evoque badge to show they are "eco" models.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
27-02-2015 08:30pm
PhilSkill

Smile Well it does say Most Efficient "Land Rover"... and if the 2011-2015 Evoque was that already, then it only has to beat itself to make the title true! Doesn't say most efficient car, which it certainly is not!

So 68mpg claims... wonder if that means if can actually achieve the 50mpg it was originally sold on.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-02-2015 08:38pm
Devonian

(27-02-2015 08:38pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Smile Well it does say Most Efficient "Land Rover"... and if the 2011-2015 Evoque was that already, then it only has to beat itself to make the title true! Doesn't say most efficient car, which it certainly is not!

So 68mpg claims... wonder if that means if can actually achieve the 50mpg it was originally sold on.

I think you're spot on about the MPG. If it does 48mpg that I was naively hoping for from my first Evoque then that will still be fairly decent. I just wish all car firms would just publish honest figures in the first place!

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
28-02-2015 12:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ah but you see they do! Because what they are required to publish are contrived by THEM ( because they told the governments what they wanted) to comply with some wholly unrealistic formula that is supposed to "represent" a mix of driving styles but ina controlled atmosphere, not on the open road. This renders the whole lot a heap of BS and totally unrealistic - look at all the folks that bought Priusues on the promise of 100's of miles to the gallon and most cannot even achieve 45 mpg in real world driving.
And then there is the stupid system where an i3 or Tesla can claim 400pmg or whatever even when it is not using fossil fuel to move it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 03:19am by XFullFatTim.)
01-03-2015 03:16am