Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
News about 2016 MY RREs
Evo-king

RE: News about 2016 MY RREs

These new DRL's are sharp looking and for some reason, remind me of the Huracan.

[Image: 78916lrover-l538-16my-teaser-image_Cropper_Header.jpg]

I'm trying to decipher LR speak, I read this as redesigned DRLs and LED headlights. So there's bound to be a cost implication.

For me as an Old School Evoque owner, the original signature DRL's made the Evoque, might like all the changes once the proper reveal comes out on the 23rd.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2015 06:27pm by Evo-king.)
21-02-2015 06:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Biker

I must say, the new look is a let down as far as I'm concerned.
The older model looks much better.

New one photo here

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
23-02-2015 08:13am
benzina

I agree....sometimes the first is always the best in brilliant design,and will make me want to keep my original even longer.
However, i do like how they seem to have finally added some padding to the scalloped part of the door cards. See more pics here..... http://www.worldcarfans.com/115022389293.../lowphotos

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 09:49am by benzina.)
23-02-2015 09:43am
Sarcastrix

Official press release and hi-res pictures: http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-g...ue_230215/

I've attached both the US and UK information packs.

Attached File(s)
.doc  2016MY RRE - UK.doc (Size: 69 KB / Downloads: 117)
.doc  2016MY RRE - US.doc (Size: 653 KB / Downloads: 22)

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2015 10:28am by Sarcastrix.)
23-02-2015 10:22am
PAT

Impressed with the changes they've made except there being no new petrol engines at this stage but I know they will follow soon enough.

If pricing is indeed comparable to current costs then I'll definitely be placing an order.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
23-02-2015 10:52am
Tony

Generally looks OK apart from the larger vents? around the front fog lights, reminds me of the front vents on the BMW X4 which is one seriously ugly car. Would have to be another black car so they don't show up so much.

We want a move up to more power with our next purchase and the new engines in current configuration don't give that.

No mention in the press release of improved build quality, less cabin noise and better ride quality!!!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
23-02-2015 11:42am
Evo-king

Posted up my thoughts on tother forum.

Good to see the engines getting the go ahead. Though I'm happy for others to drive them first now.

Bonnet Louvres at last for the 5dr.

Don't like the big holes in the bumper.

As for the lights the Original Evoque made a feature of the Signature DRL's and Petal Design, these new ons are OK if not over simplified.

Let's wait and see how it all goes.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-02-2015 11:50am
Tuono

Looks good, it will be interesting to see the full configuration option details. Looking forward to the Geneva show even more now to see this in the flesh.

As an update, I see that there are no longer two Dynamic models, just HSE Dynamic. It will be interesting to see the full spec for the new HSE Dynamic to see where it fits specification and price wise between the two current Dynamic models.
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 09:28am by Tuono.)
23-02-2015 06:43pm
derekredwards

See link below from a US Site, these are the best details i've seen to date

http://www.ovalnews.com/2015/02/2016-ran...amily.html

my2017 SE Tech Santorini Black
24-02-2015 05:26pm
mstraka

Nothing New

How do you improve on a near perfect exterior design? Based on these 2016 photos – very cautiously without any major changes. The front headlamp treatment works well, but so did the original. The rear sadly regresses with the new square look to the taillights. They look like the cheap aftermarket units currently available. The design is too SUV generic when compared to the original beautiful round tail lights. 'One color fits all' black rearview side mirrors cheapens the look as compared to integrated body color mirrors. Looking at the front shot. As the fog lamps are now moved higher the fake air intake duct is now more revealed, meaning that its fake appearance is more pronounced - its blanked off with a no flow through plastic plate simulating a flow through grill. Bad enough to fake it in the first generation design, why now accentuate the fake appearance even further. Only cars trying to look like something they're not use this kind of artificiality. The Evoque doesn't need to use non functional visual tricks like this. On the positive the new functioning grill ducts on the front spoiler under these blanked off plates look nice. there for a real purpose. How long do we have to wait to get an upgraded more powerful gas engine in the U.S.? The 240 hp 2.0 Ford Ecoboost engine doesn't cut it anymore. Even the 2015 Ford Edge has and upgraded higher performance version of this motor. The new Jaguar engine is only available as a diesel.
24-02-2015 10:40pm