Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
News about 2016 MY RREs
Evo-king

RE: News about 2016 MY RREs

(26-02-2015 11:19pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  They are LED headlights RS, so swapping back to old may not be just a simple swap out to Xenon.

It's growing on me and think they've done a good job to update it, without losing the essence.

Loving those wheels, Still keeping mine though!

Phil, you're the man to answer this.

Although I'm not keen on the new styled front and rear lights, I read that the rears are daytime running enabled as well.

So LR do listen, but only in a forward thing way way, is there a possibility that our rears can get the same application?

Here are a couple of other observations on MY 16 versus earlier Evoques.

Most economical, goes without saying as the new Ingenium engines are the future, added to this will be the addition of Active Driveline for diesels, so LR can promote this point.

Redesigned seats, is this the same as the lights, they have listened to the sagging seat saga and solved it with a revised design, time will tell.

So as I see it most of the changes, excluding engines and driveline, are cosmetic in as much as these components are produced by LR suppliers, lights, front bumper, infotainment, wheels, interiors and paint. Very clever. I'm not criticising just observing.

The rest of the body work panels already exist including a louvered bonnet to fit the 5dr.

My question is, is this the bean counters at work (there's no doubt a price increase will be incurred) or is there some other reason?

IMO some of the changes are good and some not

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 09:21am by Evo-king.)
01-03-2015 09:06am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(28-02-2015 12:09pm)Devonian Wrote:  I think you're spot on about the MPG. If it does 48mpg that I was naively hoping for from my first Evoque then that will still be fairly decent. I just wish all car firms would just publish honest figures in the first place!

I would keep quiet about fuel consumption, if the manufactures published real world figure we would all be paying a lot more VED (road tax).

Our first Evoque SD4 Auto 6 speed was rubbish, could not even equal our previous FL2 with same power train, LR suggested it should have been 15% better. Our current Evoque SD4 9 speed always tops 40mpg on our weekly 26 mile shopping run. On a longer run 50mpg is easy if you drive around the legal speed limit, that is on 'A' roads with steep climbs but little traffic. Don't know what its capable of on a motorway, our nearest is some 300 miles away!

I am happy with the fuel consumption as the car I hope to get next would be really pushed to get 30-35mpg on a run where the Evoque can get 50+.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
01-03-2015 10:35am
RacingSnake

(01-03-2015 10:35am)Tony Wrote:  Our first Evoque SD4 Auto 6 speed was rubbish, could not even equal our previous FL2 with same power train, LR suggested it should have been 15% better.
I don't want to turn this into an MPG thread, but our SD4 is currently sitting at 22mpg Crying
No motorway runs in that, but even so, pretty shocking.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
02-03-2015 10:32am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jinzen

I'll be considering a 2016-2017 Evoque or even a next generation one when new Ingenium engines come out, possibly a decently powerful Ingenium diesel.
02-03-2015 03:21pm
PhilSkill

(01-03-2015 09:06am)Evo-king Wrote:  Phil, you're the man to answer this.

Although I'm not keen on the new styled front and rear lights, I read that the rears are daytime running enabled as well.

So LR do listen, but only in a forward thing way way, is there a possibility that our rears can get the same application?

Hi Evo-King

I looked through the Wiring diagram of the 2011 Evoques, and there is no 12V feed that is live only when the ignition is on at the connector to the rear lights, so no easy pin swap to bypass the Rear lights to be on with the ignition switch rather than on when the lights are triggered.

If there was I would have done it already! and be selling a converter block! Smile

Phil

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
02-03-2015 05:08pm
Good shot

(02-03-2015 10:32am)RacingSnake Wrote:  I don't want to turn this into an MPG thread, but our SD4 is currently sitting at 22mpg Crying
No motorway runs in that, but even so, pretty shocking.

35.9 over last 1000 miles of mixed motoring on mine.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
02-03-2015 08:14pm
Acorn

(16-02-2015 11:06am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Jeremy at Grange Garage has sent me this link to the LR news room
http://newsroom.jaguarlandrover.com/en-g...ue_160215/

I notice in the write up it states Hands Free Electric Tailgate. Does this mean open and close? Not just open!!Question

RANGE ROVER EVOQUE DYNAMIC SD4 AUTOMATIC - Premium Interior Pack
Lux Pack
Aeroflip on rear spoiler in Gloss Black
Privacy Glass Premium Interior Pack
Automatic High Beam Assist Headlamps
Interior Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
Premium carpet mats with edging Heated Steering Wheel
05-03-2015 12:54pm
PAT

(05-03-2015 12:54pm)Acorn Wrote:  I notice in the write up it states Hands Free Electric Tailgate. Does this mean open and close? Not just open!!Question

Yes it does, you can wave your foot under the rear bumper and it will open or close the tailgate.
Not sure if you can close it using the key fob as well but hope so.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
05-03-2015 02:37pm
PhilSkill

(05-03-2015 02:37pm)PAT Wrote:  Yes it does, you can wave your foot under the rear bumper and it will open or close the tailgate.
Not sure if you can close it using the key fob as well but hope so.

Guess it needs to be unlocked, either by the proximity of the key or opening with the keyfob without Keyless..

You need this...

Like mine!
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Fuji-D...0#pid98370

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
05-03-2015 03:14pm
Acorn

(05-03-2015 03:14pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Guess it needs to be unlocked, either by the proximity of the key or opening with the keyfob without Keyless..

You need this...

Like mine!
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-My-Fuji-D...0#pid98370

Yes that's exactly what is required. Comes as standard on the FORD KUGA!!!!!

RANGE ROVER EVOQUE DYNAMIC SD4 AUTOMATIC - Premium Interior Pack
Lux Pack
Aeroflip on rear spoiler in Gloss Black
Privacy Glass Premium Interior Pack
Automatic High Beam Assist Headlamps
Interior Auto-dimming Rear View Mirror
Premium carpet mats with edging Heated Steering Wheel
06-03-2015 07:34pm