Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Porsche Macan
abcya

RE: New Porsche Macan

I attended one of the launch events this week, booked a test drive & happened to be the first potential customer of the East London dealership to test drive one this morning at 9am. Even the Porsche driving experience chap hadn't driven one and it had just 10 miles on the clock.

So...Porsche Macan S diesel v RR Evoque SD4 Dynamic
Macan had PASM suspension, adaptive sports seats, opening sunroof, Bose audio, 20" alloys,sat nav,rear camera ALL are options...so a fair extra cost to spec to 'similar' to My Evoque spec to factor into cost.

Drive: sounds like a petrol car, gear box is better, smoother and v responsive. Driving along the road beside City airport, it felt noticeably more satisfying than the Evoque. Sports mode added revs, but in a relatively subtle way. I re-drove the route in the Evoque afterwards to check. Stop-start has a nice feature, that a nudge of the steering wheel starts the engine in case you need to be confident of a quick start...but it's quick anyway. Interior noise levels lower than the Evoque, steering tighter and a comfortable design (off the new 918 apparently).

Interior: a slight disappointment...the mass of buttons on the centre console will take a while to get used to. Touch screen visuals better, dashboard topping looked a bit naff in grey so speccing up to full leather would be tempting (I'm happy with the Dynamic Evoques non leather dash). Speedometer seems small...so observing the digital one essential...standard Porsche stuff I think...it just seemed small in an SUV.

Boot...not that much bigger...I'd hoped for a bit more.

Exterior: better than the pictures...if a dark colour. Not great in silver & definitely not white. Almost the opposite of my colour views for the Evoque where I think bright colours work better.

No one noticed it on my drive (that I noticed) except a 911 driver who I pulled up (in the outer lane) besides at traffic lights. He hit the pedal at green so didn't seem to want to hang around to look Wink. So, the complete opposite of the experience of the first year in the Evoque.

Will I buy one? I showed a pic to my daughter. Does it have a sunroof? "Yes and it opens!" "So it's like Peppa Pig's car?!" "Errr...yes I suppose so." A fast very enjoyable drive but it's not going to turn many heads & it didn't feel much bigger (perhaps a bit in the back?) which is something I'll think about for a bit before deciding.

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2014 01:06pm by abcya.)
12-04-2014 01:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I saw one in metallic black driving down Park Lane, London this morning - sorry but from the outside it looks terribly dull and boring, contrived to look like a baby Cayenne.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-04-2014 01:29pm
Evo-king

Don't look here then if you're contemplating a Macan.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/dacia-d...stuck.html

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
12-04-2014 05:27pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Could it even be a base 2WD Duster?.....................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-04-2014 07:45pm
PhilSkill

That did make me chuckle, what a great advert for Dacia! thanks for posting Evo-King

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-04-2014 09:18pm