Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NOT GOOD ENOUGH
mark_n

RE: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Token, I assume you are buying from our friends in Staverton? In that case, don't assume that just because you haven't heard anything, the car is still on time.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2011 04:26pm by mark_n.)
18-10-2011 01:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hybris

The current info for my order is that they don't know "when" and they will "probably" be able to pull it into January production. the reason is xenon light issues with all Dynamic and Prestige orders. All November production and later has been pushed according to the info I did get. I had a November production slot from start.

Funny part is that they still cannot commit to January and don't know when they know...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
18-10-2011 04:08pm
wilsonmg

I'm confused with all this 'delays' for this or that... everytime I go past halewood there are loads of the blinking things awaiting transport in the carpark !!!.... I also see 2-3 transporters full of them evertime I go on the M6

where they all going if everyone on here are being told by dealers that their order is delayed ???

lets add a conspiricy theory... dealers are getting cars to individuals that pay a premium (over and above RRP) and pocketing the proceeds... simple supply and demand with dealers profiteering.... only a theory Wink
18-10-2011 04:16pm
hybris

wilson: this is september and October production. So assume they have the parts...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
18-10-2011 04:28pm
mark_n

As I have said before, look inside the plant, in areas not visible from outside and you see lots of cars with parts missing and 3 marquees where they are fitted when available.

It may be they know the parts situation is going to get worse because they are not already in transit or planned to be made by the manufacturer. Perhaps the Earth's atmosphere is running out of Xenon... I see from Wikipedia that it is 50 times as expensive as Neon...

Tim, how long does a ship take to get to the UK from Shanghai, assuming one of the many containers might contain our precious Xenon headlights?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
18-10-2011 04:58pm
mk82

In this case they should take planes to bring lights to UK.

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
18-10-2011 05:03pm
wilsonmg

(18-10-2011 04:28pm)hybris Wrote:  wilson: this is september and October production. So assume they have the parts...

you would have thought so, hence are the lights and pano roofs really the problem.... Confused:

feel free to add your own conspiricy thoeries.... might be a little more fun than hearing the truth Laughing
18-10-2011 05:09pm
hybris

In that case its probably the Stone Cutters that have ordered Evoques late and are going before us in line! Sure the rest is just a mockup. They have all the parts and there is no issue at all other than VIP treatment...

18-10-2011 05:19pm
alibeau

(18-10-2011 04:28pm)hybris Wrote:  feel free to add your own conspiricy thoeries.... might be a little more fun than hearing the truth Laughing

The truth would be nice though Wink I think everyone would feel a little better about the delays if we knew that we were all in the same boat (not the one with the Xenons on though!) and that everyone was being treated equally and fairly.......

I contacted my dealer about a fortnight ago and all was still on track for 17th November, I am going to email again at the end of this week to see what they have to say...... not looking forward to the response but I would rather know than be left wondering.....

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
18-10-2011 05:24pm
ED209

Has this been posted on here yet? gives a bit of info.

Post edited by admin team, text of internal dealership memo removed at request of Land Rover
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2011 02:14pm by Martin.)
18-10-2011 05:48pm