Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NOT GOOD ENOUGH
bennno

RE: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

.....Volvo XC60 Anybody - £8k - £12k cheaper, looks sharp, relatively available and built to last.....
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2011 10:35am by bennno.)
18-10-2011 07:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

(17-10-2011 11:13pm)mark_n Wrote:  After that rambling diatribe against the German motor industry, let me say I have observed it first hand for many years and have two German-built cars - a 997 Gen 2 turbo and an SL55 AMG.

What I can tell you is that German car factories run like finely oiled machines. You don't see the hundreds of cars parked anywhere and everywhere waiting for bits to be added as you do in Halewood.

Land Rover have much to learn from our German friends.

It was actually not really a diatribe against the German motor industry if you'd noticed, they do produce some fantastic cars. It's my view there is a single mindedness towards them these days particularly in the UK, rather than the wealth of other cars out there (some good, some bad, some down right terrible) but they are there and people have the choice. Nissan Juke is a prime example, if a weird looker...

I simply get bored of hearing the Audi is this the BMW is that...

Didn't I just read Audi have a Dash supply issue on one model slowing production at the moment! So they are not faultless robots and are subject to real world issues just like anyone else.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-10-2011 08:09am
hybris

I think the reason you hear a lot of Audi, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes and Porsche on this forum is that its the same customer base as for the Evoque. People that want brand, luxury, sport, customer service and can afford paying for it. That is why the same crowd is very loud when things are not ok.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 09:36pm by hybris.)
18-10-2011 08:26am
PhilSkill

Agree with you hybris, The Volvo which RRP is very close to Evoque, just dealer discounts are huge right now. It was the second contender before the VW, Honda and Toyota, Subaru and then the Audi for me. Porsche steps above the Evoque in price and isn't my thing.

None match the Evoque though to have "it" all... that's why they're all second or lower Smile So still I wait in line... Sad

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
18-10-2011 09:08am
Token

I've tried to stay out of this thread as ive not (yet) experienced delays so I can't be 100% sure how I will feel if I do. But...it seems to me that it all depends on why you want the Evoque...

I really want a quality ride with a short wheel base, good handling, luxury interior, good looks, plenty of toys and genuine off-road capability. Oh, and a British marque is an added bonus...based on my desires, there is simply no competitor at any price...so if I get delays, I will just go with them.

If I wanted it because it looks cool and is a premium car...or I just wanted something bigger than a normal car because it makes me stand out from the crowd, I'd have loads of choice and would run away if there were delays.

Simple.

I have owned a Range Rover, Audi's, BMW's, Merc's, Porsche's, and an Aston...and the German cars are more reliable, better put together, and you get better service... Without any question! But, they are also dull! Sometimes something can be too good!

I have often compared cars to women...both are magical and I have an equall passion for both!! If the German cars were women they would keep the house beautifully tidy, they would have the dinner on the table at 6pm precisely every day, they would never take more than 35 minutes to get ready, and they would wear the same hairstyle forever, perfectly groomed! If the British cars were women, they would get drunk sometimes instead of cleaning the house, they would sometimes tell you they can't be bothered to make tea, they would sometimes take an hour to get ready which will make you late...and at least once they ate going to do something radically stupid with their hair!

I know which one I'd fall in love and I know which one I've chosen to spend my life with...if I need to spell it out then you should probably cancel your order now and go German, they will make YOU happier.

I'm not being critical of the German cars, I may have another 911 or a 7 series in the future...they genuinely are very good...but they will be my maids rather than my wife!!

For me it's about character and soul...it's why I'd rather have a Ferrari than a Porsche (sadly can't afford the Ferrari)...You may get the best of British with the range rover...but you won't get the best with British! Unless you are like me, and prefer to live with your heart rather than your head.

P.s. reference to cleaning and cooking was obviously only referring to when it's their turn to cook and clean, I obviously take my turns!!!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
18-10-2011 10:33am
bennno

The Cayenne keeps being mentioned but if you take a 3L diesel and spec it to anywhere near a Dynamic or Prestiege then its a £57-£60k car. To compound that the Cayenne has a lower £ residual value at the end of 3 years making it 60-80% more expensive to purchase on a lease or finance arrangement (big consideration for many).

Before mine arrived it was the well specced, delivery mileage, XC60 sport premium models at around £25k at dealers which were making me carefully consider the Evoque, £15k is a lot less for a car that is very similar in brief, is very well made, supremely comfortable and drives very well. If head had ruled heart I think it probably would be in the driveway now.
18-10-2011 10:40am
Big G

(18-10-2011 10:33am)Token Wrote:  I've tried to stay out of this thread as ive not (yet) experienced delays so I can't be 100% sure how I will feel if I do. But...it seems to me that it all depends on why you want the Evoque...

I really want a quality ride with a short wheel base, good handling, luxury interior, good looks, plenty of toys and genuine off-road capability. Oh, and a British marque is an added bonus...based on my desires, there is simply no competitor at any price...so if I get delays, I will just go with them.

If I wanted it because it looks cool and is a premium car...or I just wanted something bigger than a normal car because it makes me stand out from the crowd, I'd have loads of choice and would run away if there were delays.

Simple.

I have owned a Range Rover, Audi's, BMW's, Merc's, Porsche's, and an Aston...and the German cars are more reliable, better put together, and you get better service... Without any question! But, they are also dull! Sometimes something can be too good!

I have often compared cars to women...both are magical and I have an equall passion for both!! If the German cars were women they would keep the house beautifully tidy, they would have the dinner on the table at 6pm precisely every day, they would never take more than 35 minutes to get ready, and they would wear the same hairstyle forever, perfectly groomed! If the British cars were women, they would get drunk sometimes instead of cleaning the house, they would sometimes tell you they can't be bothered to make tea, they would sometimes take an hour to get ready which will make you late...and at least once they ate going to do something radically stupid with their hair!

I know which one I'd fall in love and I know which one I've chosen to spend my life with...if I need to spell it out then you should probably cancel your order now and go German, they will make YOU happier.

I'm not being critical of the German cars, I may have another 911 or a 7 series in the future...they genuinely are very good...but they will be my maids rather than my wife!!

For me it's about character and soul...it's why I'd rather have a Ferrari than a Porsche (sadly can't afford the Ferrari)...You may get the best of British with the range rover...but you won't get the best with British! Unless you are like me, and prefer to live with your heart rather than your head.

P.s. reference to cleaning and cooking was obviously only referring to when it's their turn to cook and clean, I obviously take my turns!!!

Brilliant analogy - must show the Mrs - just as well there's the Irish see between you and her !!Laughing
18-10-2011 10:48am
Daigriff

Well said Token I couldn't have put it better myselfSmile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
18-10-2011 11:04am
hybris

@token: ha ha! Well said! Agree. My brain says "German", my heart and stomach says "Evoque!". My heart and stomach is usually right.

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
(This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 09:36pm by hybris.)
18-10-2011 11:16am
PhilSkill

Nicely put Token... It's all about the Passion, that wow factor that cannot be quantified.

Remember Fernando Alonso in a Mclaren... What a disaster, all that passion and emotion falsely tamed into the military machine Very Happy

18-10-2011 12:05pm