Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NOT GOOD ENOUGH
rchrdleigh

RE: NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Think you can amend a build order up to a couple of weeks before build is due to commence. If you're being quoted a June delivery then to be on the safe side you should be able to amend your specification up to 1 May. I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong.
17-10-2011 10:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

U can amend, up to a point, but it might affect your build date.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-10-2011 10:14pm
The Valeter

(17-10-2011 08:02pm)hybris Wrote:  Q5 is kind of boring looks. Audis do play the "one sausage in different length" game. Meaning they all look the same and kind of boring...

The Mercs do have a lot of quality issues is what I have heard.

BMW X3 is a superb car but not a looker.

Porsche Cayenne is a good option but long delivery.

BMW X6 LCI that arrives this spring plus performance package is a looker and superb engines but delivery will be summer and more expensive car.

Not that many options in the SUV space to compete with the Evoque to be honest.

I truly love my X5 (E70) but don't want to change it to the same kind of car. If the totally new X5 would be out I would probably have that as a real option. Will not be out until 2013 and no clue how it will look.

Then there is next generation Ranger Rover / Range Rover Sport. Evoque looks? Mileage? Sounds like a cool car!

Most of the German things are over-rated & the manufacturers - complaisant.I valet many German cars & I have heard many many complaints about them & obviously on cleaning them as well as any other car I get to observe the layout & styling etc.
BMW-X6 must be one of the most hideous looking things out there & rubbish off road & I doubt the X3 is much better plus BMW dash areas are plain boring. You have to hand it to the marketting dept at BMW they are fantastic, they could put a badge on a turd & it would sell lol, to add to that perhaps back in the 80's you would aspire to owning a BMW when they were good but now they have replaced Ford by being on every street corner!
Mercs are just way overpriced for what you get & generally go rusty unless they have addressed that area now.
Audi Q7 is like an A6 plonked on top of another A6 & the Q5 is nice but a bit plain - hardly stands out.

I would be seriously p****d if mine gets delayed but if I were to blow it out I would just not bother buying anything.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2011 10:24pm by The Valeter.)
17-10-2011 10:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Does anyone think past german cars? Volvo, Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Kia, Skoda, Ford, Renault, Peugeot, Nissan all make CRVs not all lookers/quality granted, but I don't understand this fixation with Audi bore, Merc plain and BMW blobs like thier a prestige brand above the rest... to me this is why the Evoque will be such a success, theyve found a market the so called german prestige marks dont have or have lost if they did!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-10-2011 11:02pm
mark_n

After that rambling diatribe against the German motor industry, let me say I have observed it first hand for many years and have two German-built cars - a 997 Gen 2 turbo and an SL55 AMG.

What I can tell you is that German car factories run like finely oiled machines. You don't see the hundreds of cars parked anywhere and everywhere waiting for bits to be added as you do in Halewood.

Land Rover have much to learn from our German friends.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-10-2011 11:13pm
ED209

(17-10-2011 11:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Does anyone think past german cars? Volvo, Mazda, Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Kia, Skoda, Ford, Renault, Peugeot, Nissan all make CRVs not all lookers/quality granted, but I don't understand this fixation with Audi bore, Merc plain and BMW blobs like thier a prestige brand above the rest... to me this is why the Evoque will be such a success, theyve found a market the so called german prestige marks dont have or have lost if they did!

My partner has a nissan juke, honestly its loads of car for the money. Not really in the same class as the evoque but if they made one with 4x4 and a diesel with about 150hp i would buy one instead. The only thing i dont like about it are the interior plastics which are a bit naff.

She paid just over 14k for hers and it is loaded with kit, full leather, sat nav, reversing camera, cruise control, usb intergration, blue tooth etc etc (this was with nissan friends and family discount) If i could get the same spec with 4x4 and a decent level of diesel power for 18k is i think i would have one.
17-10-2011 11:15pm
Evoqess

That Nissan Juke, despite seriously challenging the Pontiac Aztek for nastiest front end of all time ..... is a fun and funky little vehicle. After I was helping a friend shop for a small SUV, and experienced the Juke first hand - I became an admirer. Absolutely good value for money. The Juke was actually my first step along a line of thought that led to the Evoque.

PS- My Audi TTS was no bore and full or Teutonic heart and style. The two tone red/black interior was the most beautiful interior I'll ever be in. And that's because I'm a middle class dame and the Aventador is out of my price range Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
18-10-2011 05:53am
mark_n

Audi interiors, especially when you lift them out of base spec are amongst the best in the business.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
18-10-2011 05:59am
hybris

Well you should not throw stones in a glass house... Wink Everyone I mention the word Land Rover to in Sweden starts talking about quality issues. I get a lot of stories on broken down stuff. All things Land Rover has that reputation over here. Don't have the background to the "why". As I have not driven any over time I have no clue but sure the reputation is there for a reason. I hope this does not apply to the Evoque... Do get a bit concerned when I see steering wheel issues on brand new one etc. But at the same time early cars from any brand usually have a lot of faults.

Most happy owners of new cars in Sweden are Subaru, BMW and a think it was Toyota. BMW been in top three for 6+ years. Subaru has been number 2 years now. They rate the whole owner experience. (This is where the customer do rate their new cars after a year in different areas of the ownership)

The X6 with the right spec is super sexy if you ask me!. Wink White and the performance package. No matter what the fool on Top Gear says! BMW cars are not for true off road so why even test it! Duh! Bad roads, snow yes. But if you go off road a lot then go for the land cruiser or defender... I did not buy the Evoque to go off road. Same type of conditions that I use my X5 is the use. 4*4 mainly for the winter. We have good roads almost everywhere. Need one bad weather car in the family. BMW "SAVs" are for people that love driving onroad and want 4*4, ground clearance and sport car performance. Ranger Rover is an interesting combo but are far from BMW onroad. More luxury and off road capabilities. The Evoque is the first RR that seems to be a jack of all trades. I was very surprised of the good ride and ok performance! Here is a link to the X5 an X6 performance package driving: (just love but love the Evoque more as its 200K+ Euro cheaper) Wink

Love the X6 performance. In the video it is not the new facelift "LCI". That one will have white angel eyes, new engines (5.0d) and some upgraded stuff in the cabin. X5 if you need a booth. X6 if you need an evoque size booth but cooler design and on road performance. The X6 has an exceptional detail called Dynamic Performance Control. It makes the X6 drive like a sports car on track. Its crazy to have a mini feeling in a SUV. Test it if you can. Its crazy when driven hard on curvy roads or track.

Yes sorry but with 10 years+ of BMW I know to much about them. My heart is BMW. But I will give Evoque a chance to win me over. Hey I might change my BMW 1-series convertible to the new Jaguar XF (old one looked like garbage in the front. Now with the new headlight design its a great looking car)

Might go all British one day! Rule Britannia... Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
18-10-2011 06:17am
Alex

I have come across a lot of friends and families struggling recently, so if my 45k order has slipped, in comparison I'm just grateful I can afford to make this purchase.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
18-10-2011 07:10am