Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mauritius blue to be discontinued
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Mauritius blue to be discontinued

It was also an extremely popular colour with RRS and Disco4 owners. As was Stornoway. I have had two Stornoway Grey cars and wanted initially to have a Stornoway Evoque but a tsunami hit Japan and that put paid to Stornoway Grey.
Orkney is too boring compared to Stornoway...........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-03-2013 12:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
alibeau

Well that's decided then, Causeway/Stornaway Grey and Bali Blue it is......... Laughing

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
05-03-2013 01:01pm
THEMACS

(05-03-2013 12:52pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It was also an extremely popular colour with RRS and Disco4 owners. As was Stornoway. I have had two Stornoway Grey cars and wanted initially to have a Stornoway Evoque but a tsunami hit Japan and that put paid to Stornoway Grey.
Orkney is too boring compared to Stornoway...........

Sorry don't agree! Stornaway is way more Boring than OG, the ones I have seen on RRS and freelanders looks crap, in my opinion,and the OG suits the Evoque, each to their own , just like I think Fuji white looks like a Chav CharriotLaughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
05-03-2013 03:25pm
IKM

I still prefer Stornoway Grey... Much more suitable for an SUV!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
05-03-2013 04:14pm
chrisell

Hopefully this isn't due to pressure from the US market. Over here we live in a monochrome world. My local dealer has 15 Evoques in varying shades of white, grey, silver and black. Most cars and brands are the same - people seem to love bland non-colours here.
My dealer is trying to locate a red or blue one for me, but they're hard to come by. From what I saw on the dealer search when I was in this weekend, in the whole country, there's 19 red or blue ones. It's looking likely that I'm going to be doing a custom order for mine.

Chris.
06-03-2013 06:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

(06-03-2013 06:13pm)chrisell Wrote:  Hopefully this isn't due to pressure from the US market. Over here we live in a monochrome world. My local dealer has 15 Evoques in varying shades of white, grey, silver and black. Most cars and brands are the same - people seem to love bland non-colours here.
My dealer is trying to locate a red or blue one for me, but they're hard to come by. From what I saw on the dealer search when I was in this weekend, in the whole country, there's 19 red or blue ones. It's looking likely that I'm going to be doing a custom order for mine.

Actually, when I was getting ready to buy I used an online search and even went through dealer inventory. I think the reason there are so many "bland" color cars avail here is because the "fun" colors have sold out. I was looking for Mauritius Blue or Orkney Grey. It was tough in the configuration I wanted. My dealer had three cars in Havana and they all sold right away leaving the usual white and black. (I see two Mauritius Blue in CA. One in Encino and one in Carlsbad).

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 09:35pm by scrannel.)
06-03-2013 08:58pm
chrisell

(06-03-2013 08:58pm)scrannel Wrote:  Actually, when I was getting ready to buy I used an online search and even went through dealer inventory. I think the reason there are so many "bland" color cars avail here is because the "fun" colors have sold out. I was looking for Mauritius Blue or Orkney Grey. It was tough in the configuration I wanted. My dealer had three cars in Havana and they all sold right away leaving the usual white and black. (I see two Mauritius Blue in CA. One in Encino and one in Carlsbad).

I found the one in Encino. There's a red one in Boise, but it's a coupe. Encino have a red one, Seattle have a blue one and there's another red one in LA (Marin county). Other than that they're all in Texas, Florida or NY and I'm not paying to have them transported from there. Going to the dealer this afternoon to do a custom build. Red w/black roof Very Happy

Chris.
06-03-2013 09:51pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

(06-03-2013 09:51pm)chrisell Wrote:  I found the one in Encino. There's a red one in Boise, but it's a coupe. Encino have a red one, Seattle have a blue one and there's another red one in LA (Marin county). Other than that they're all in Texas, Florida or NY and I'm not paying to have them transported from there. Going to the dealer this afternoon to do a custom build. Red w/black roof Very Happy

Rip it up! Sounds like a great color combo.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
06-03-2013 11:46pm