Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New car order
WB
WB

RE: New car order

There's got to be more to it. Why on earth would a dealer sit on a car for that long?

Look out for the right rear quarter defect as well which affected a lot of 5 door cars built in Oct / Nov last year.

Here is a link to the thread -> http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Productio...check+your
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 12:15pm by WB.)
04-03-2013 12:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pacmeoff

(04-03-2013 12:15pm)WB Wrote:  There's got to be more to it. Why on earth would a dealer sit on a car for that long?

Look out for the right rear quarter defect as well which affected a lot of 5 door cars built in Oct / Nov last year.

Here is a link to the thread -> http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Productio...check+your

Thanks for the information, so the panel defect is the rear drivers side, does this look like an excessive amount of paint on the edge of the panel compared to the nearside rear quarter or is it more noticeable than that?

Anyone rejected a Baltic Blue 5dr Prestige over the last few months?

I tend to agree, can't believe a desirable car with good spec spent all winter in the compound without good reason.

Regards
Paul
04-03-2013 02:05pm
WB
WB

Yes, rear quarter on the drivers side where the panel meets the bootlid.

The defect is in the metal work not the paint. It shows up much more on lighter coloured cars. The dealer offered to rectify mine but it would have meant significant bodywork and I didn't want that on a brand new car so I rejected it.
04-03-2013 02:16pm
pacmeoff

(04-03-2013 02:16pm)WB Wrote:  Yes, rear quarter on the drivers side where the panel meets the bootlid.

The defect is in the metal work not the paint. It shows up much more on lighter coloured cars. The dealer offered to rectify mine but it would have meant significant bodywork and I didn't want that on a brand new car so I rejected it.

If that's the case (build date indicates it could have this issue) I will ask them to find me another car, I'm not going to let them repair the bodywork and respray it.
04-03-2013 04:00pm
WB
WB

(04-03-2013 04:00pm)pacmeoff Wrote:  If that's the case (build date indicates it could have this issue) I will ask them to find me another car, I'm not going to let them repair the bodywork and respray it.

Personally I found it too big an eyesore to ignore and couldn't live with it. That said I've seen it on 3 black Evoques and it is much less noticeable than on the lighter colours.

One Fuji white one I saw looked like it was almost touching between the rear quarter and the boot lid!
04-03-2013 06:14pm
pacmeoff

Been to look at the car today and found it to have a re-sprayed front wing (featuring a paint run and masking tape line) and the right rear wing defect.

Hence not having the car - looking for a new one now.
06-03-2013 08:24pm
THEMACS

They are Cheeky B******s!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
06-03-2013 08:30pm