Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MY14 Mirror Size v Original
mstraka

RE: MY14 Mirror Size v Original

If the MY14 mirrors eliminate the blind spot, both rearward and most important the dangerous A pillar blind spot, there should be a dealer recall to retrofit 2012-2013 Evoques with these mirrors. The A pillar blind spot is an accident waiting to happen, especially for the new owner.
28-11-2013 06:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
heronb

(28-11-2013 03:55pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Hi Richard, I can understand the tail and grille badging - but in the bit the driver see's most? I'm sure that Mr Tata doesn't sign off the dash board displays for all his cars, what will be will be, at least it disappears as soon as you start the engine! Don't get me wrong I don't deny it's a Land Rover product but after many years of owning Range Rovers I think it devalues the brand of Range Rover by constantly reminding owners that they have a luxury car made by a maker of utility vehicles.

Knew you'd come round to my way of thinking Wink

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-UnLandRovering
28-11-2013 08:12pm
benzina

Here's a closer picture of the original fixed arm that i suspect is still used on the new version. Looks the same shape, length & size from here. Would be good if someone with the new MY14 could also take a closeup like this with mirrors folded, to expose the arm for closer examination and comparison.

Original
[Image: 54b7f257-0f8f-4308-a2e3-01b8a0034cef_zps2b11e6cf.jpg]

MY14
[Image: Evoque_8_zps69f6c112.jpg]

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2013 05:35am by benzina.)
29-11-2013 02:41am
jitenc

Alright. So we all get together and sign a petition for a recall for retro fitting the new smaller mirror to all evoques. It will definitely get rejected by LR as it would be expensive for them and losing face in public is detrimental to its name.
So we will all end up sitting in the corner and mourn.
I was in a near accident with a car, when I tried to change lanes and was 100% sure that I did not see the car to my left. The blind spot is now confirmed by many of us.
I don't think I will waste my breathe with LR, and will take Tim's suggestion of fitting a small blind spot mirror to the existing one..

Secondly, Somehow, I feel that the evoque owners are made to feel like driving a poor man's range rover. The product is very expensive considering the brand name of land rover which is more obvious than before! I feel it is an insult to the owners as I would love to drive the larger premier model of range rover, but simply will never be able to afford it!

There I go mourning again!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
29-11-2013 07:15am
benzina

No, i don't believe it should be that extreme. I personally am happy to live with the original mirrors being this large, it's just that if these new smaller ones are offered to purchase, and would easily be retro fitted onto the existing arm, then i might consider purchasing....i certainly wouldn't expect it being offered for free.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
29-11-2013 11:41am
RacingSnake

(29-11-2013 11:41am)benzina Wrote:  No, i don't believe it should be that extreme. I personally am happy to live with the original mirrors being this large, it's just that if these new smaller ones are offered to purchase, and would easily be retro fitted onto the existing arm, then i might consider purchasing....i certainly wouldn't expect it being offered for free.
Completely agree with all of this.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-11-2013 11:57am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

I don't like the look of the new mirrors as much, i'd be pretty annoyed if mine was recalled to change them... not that it will be.

I understand why they had to change though.

So far since my Evoque...
  • Added a green badge blemish on the nose... Horrible
  • Replaced the Range Rover Wheel Caps with Land Rover ones, not keen
  • Replace the Range Rover TFT startup Graphics with green Land rover, not keen
  • Changed the Wing mirrors for better visibility but a bit odd looking, not keen
  • Started charging for the Aero Flip.

Nothing major there and there are of course some improvements too, but glad i'm keeping my origonal until I see these for real, but it may never be beaten... Cool

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-11-2013 04:06pm
sco77harris

I would actually prefer the old mirrors on my new vehicle, I like how big they are and never had any issues.
29-11-2013 07:40pm
Stadt Panzer

MY14 Mirror Size v Original

Saw the MY14 today at the stealers and I must say........I like the new ones.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
29-11-2013 07:49pm
Yves_0016

+1 on the old mirrors. I like big mirrors on a 4x4 style car. Never had any issues with mine, maybe blindstpot is also affected by seating position?
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2013 09:59am by Yves_0016.)
30-11-2013 09:58am