Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cargo concerns
mmarsian

Cargo concerns

New user here! Hello!

My wife and I are expecting a newborn in a few days and we were looking at some crossovers and fell in love with a pre-owned 2013 Evoque Dynamic. Our main concern is the cargo space.

Any Evoque owners out there with a family? We're concerned about the cargo space as it's much smaller than the competitors and we want to be practical as well.

Some pictures of how you have been able to fit luggage and/or baby stuff in there would be much appreciated also. We are soon-to-be first-time parents and first-time crossover-SUV owners so we just want to make sure we could feasibly perhaps fit a couple luggage bags and some baby gear or something.

How has the space affected your daily errands?

Thanks, everyone!
23-09-2015 05:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Cargo concerns

You can fit roof rails and a roof box for those trips when you need more than the baby's gear in the boot, also you could fold one or both sections of the rear seat

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-09-2015 06:19pm
mmarsian

We would hate to have to use the roof box for just normal duties. Definitely wouldn't mind using it for long trips and such but having to use it for just daily driving would really be painful.

What about folding the left side of the rear seat with a car seat in the passenger side? Have any issues there?

Thank you for your response Smile
(This post was last modified: 23-09-2015 06:50pm by mmarsian.)
23-09-2015 06:24pm
DVFlyer

Our kids are out of the bigger car seats but still use boosters. No issues folding one side and having booster in the other seat. You may want to visit your local dealer with a stroller and see how it fits in the back. Diaper bags etc are no issue, of course, but I'd want to be sure a stroller fits before I inked a deal.

Honestly, minivans may be the right choice for you. Took me a while to convince my wife to enter the "Soccer Mom" world, but aside from the increased cargo area, the sliding doors are just too convenient to ignore when dealing with getting kids, car seats and stuff in and out of a vehicle.

We take the Evo on shorter trips and such, but the Sienna is the ultimate road trip vehicle.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
24-09-2015 03:10pm
bee

no problem with 2 fairly large suitcases, the evo can also carry lots of weight without swerving about.Thumbs Up

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
24-09-2015 05:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you pack carefully the boot can carry quite a lot without using the folding rear seat sections or a roof box. This was the first journey my first Evoque made and I filled the boot completely.
[Image: 0cbff8d1.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 24-09-2015 07:50pm by XFullFatTim.)
24-09-2015 07:39pm
mmarsian

Thanks for the help, everyone! We bit the bullet and signed for our 2013 Evoque Dynamic yesterday! Loving it so far. I guess time will tell how sufficient the space will be.

This last picture makes me feel better because that looks like quite a bit there.
26-09-2015 05:53pm