Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Leaving
Bermans

Leaving

Hi all, after several very frustrating months, I have given up on ever getting an Evoque. The dealers should all be sent off for training by Audi, BMW or Merc as the experience at the hands of a number of them has been shocking. I feel like I have virtually had to beg them to take my order and even when they have shown any interest the lack of follow up and general commuincation has been shocking. If I treated my customers the way they do then I wouldn't have been in a position to spend my hard earned on one of their products. I am therefore reverting to my German marques and have ordered a Q5 S line Quattro Plus which I know won't get me far off road but for what I need it to do is more than adequate for me and is of a spec comparable with some of the better optioned Pure models. I wish everyone all the best with their new Evoques, they seem to be well worth the wait. The forum has been an invaluable source of information, it's just a pity forum members don't run JLR as it would be a far more pleasant experience all round. Best wishes and auf wiedersehen.
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 05:49pm by Bermans.)
21-01-2012 05:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: Leaving

So did you actually place a deposit on an evoque?? did you get it back?

I find it hard to comprehend they wouldnt take an order from you? I suppose they wont care if you cancel anyway as some other victim will be keen to take your place.
21-01-2012 05:54pm
Bermans

Yes, after 2 months I finally got a dealer to take a deposit, some 150+ miles from home as local dealers by big cities were useless, probably inundated with enquiries and orders, but with no visbility on a delivery date I gave up and had the deposit refunded as it was conditional on a delivery date being confirmed by a certain date.
21-01-2012 05:57pm
Coolbanana

Very sad to hear you have been let down by Dealers - have you tried Looker's Park Royal? I've always had excellent communication with them. Alternatively, Ben at Guy Salmon, Wakefield (He is ex-BMW) who is very good and sold me my car.

Nothing wrong with the Q5 though, sure it'll be a great car.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 06:02pm by Coolbanana.)
21-01-2012 06:01pm
vinny

Surely there are enough ex-demos available throughout the dealers network to consider instead of going for something less nice?

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 06:07pm by vinny.)
21-01-2012 06:06pm
dandavis1

Tell me about it. Guy Salmon Thames Ditton were appalling. I stayed with it just because I really wanted the car and I'm pleased I did (although don't look forward to going back to a RR dealer for servicing etc.).

However, I doubt I'll buy another RR as a result.
By the way, please tell JLR and even send a copy of your deposit, refund and Audi receipt. The Evoque has been designed to appeal to 'non-RR' customers, so they need to know that people want the car but the dealers are failing.
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 07:57pm by dandavis1.)
21-01-2012 07:46pm
DT

I understand how you feel. L.R dealers are appalling in my experience and it doesn't matter what the product
is. I have been driving Vogues since 1996 and it's always a battle. They don't deserve their bussiness and with the desirability of the Evoque they have become even more complacent than ever.
21-01-2012 07:59pm
jasonagusta

Quite a distance from you, but it might be worth trying Lakeland Landrover at Coniston, excellent service so far, ask for Andy.

Arrived 1st March: Dynamic Lux Coupe SD4 auto, Body Fuji White with Black pano roof, style 7 alloys with Verve interior & ebony headliner, tow bar, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating glass, Heated steering wheel, high beam assist, Adaptive xenon's.
21-01-2012 09:56pm
Biker

I'm NOT trying to defend JLR in any way. I also tend to think their service is shocking. I think it is part of the conditions when you open a stealership.

It does sound from your previous post that you wanted a dealer to commit to a delivery date before you order. I do understand JLR's position when it comes to delivery confirmation because the unpresidented demand caused havoc in the factory pipeline. If you take into account that the Freelander comes off the same line and there are customers/dealers waiting for those too, you cannot blame them. Also I have a suspision that dealers get an allocated amount towards their floor sales, so it becomes a finely balanced act.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
21-01-2012 10:23pm
Daglass

Good to hear I'm not the only person feeling like this.

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
22-01-2012 12:27am