Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Leaving
speary

RE: Leaving

My Dealer experience so far
Tried to order in october with Stratstone Bury Lancs; totally ignored by at least 4 sales people for 15 mins so i left.
Went to williams Manchester, much better and placed an order and asked for delivery around the end of April. since then the communication chain is not acceptable. I have emailed my salesman to add the Xenons, I got a reply and was asked to re-build the car and send him the config, I also asked if he could give me a build date. I put a read recipt on the email so I know he has read it. He has not had the courtesy to reply to that email or the one that followed a week later. Even if he doesnt have a date yet it is common courtesy to reply to a customers questions.
To me it seems that most LR dealers are of the opinion that they can sell as many as they can make so dont really care if they loose a few. This demand bubble will burst eventually and when they need the sales they will find that conquest customers like me will have gone back to Audi, BMW etc

Note to Williams Manchester, I appreciate that there are no discounts or givaways on the evoque due to demand but courtesy costs nothing

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
24-01-2012 09:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

(24-01-2012 09:54am)speary Wrote:  My Dealer experience so far
Tried to order in october with Stratstone Bury Lancs; totally ignored by at least 4 sales people for 15 mins so i left.
Went to williams Manchester, much better and placed an order and asked for delivery around the end of April. since then the communication chain is not acceptable. I have emailed my salesman to add the Xenons, I got a reply and was asked to re-build the car and send him the config, I also asked if he could give me a build date. I put a read recipt on the email so I know he has read it. He has not had the courtesy to reply to that email or the one that followed a week later. Even if he doesnt have a date yet it is common courtesy to reply to a customers questions.
To me it seems that most LR dealers are of the opinion that they can sell as many as they can make so dont really care if they loose a few. This demand bubble will burst eventually and when they need the sales they will find that conquest customers like me will have gone back to Audi, BMW etc

Note to Williams Manchester, I appreciate that there are no discounts or givaways on the evoque due to demand but courtesy costs nothing

You could always "ignore" the dealer when they call to say the xcar is in the showroom and ready for pickup, spin him a line that you are out of the country for 4 weeks and will collect on return... Smile

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
24-01-2012 10:19am
caroline11000

(24-01-2012 09:54am)speary Wrote:  My Dealer experience so far

OMG I can't believe they have been so rude by not even acknowledging your emails. MY dealer contacts me once a week out of courtesy even if there is no change to report!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
24-01-2012 10:58am
speary

(24-01-2012 10:58am)caroline11000 Wrote:  OMG I can't believe they have been so rude by not even acknowledging your emails. MY dealer contacts me once a week out of courtesy even if there is no change to report!

Thats all I want, an update every couple of weeks. I dont think thats too much to ask.

I wonder if the dealers read these posts and if not then perhaps they should

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
24-01-2012 01:23pm
Lookers Park Royal

I can confirm that dealers do read the forum...... some even contribute and sponsor it! Wink

James Smile
24-01-2012 01:33pm
Evo-king

We are BMW and Merc owners, the cars we have owned/own have been brilliant with the major flaw being RWD, we live in a hilly area and last year we could not get out unless it was on foot! So we considered the X1 and X3 sorry didn't really like them.

Now however BMW has a 3 Series X drive likely to be launched this year and Merc are considering this also on their saloons.

If some of these dealers really do treat their customer/potential customers with disdain then they are going to lose a few more Evoque orders.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
24-01-2012 10:29pm
deebabe2004

(24-01-2012 01:23pm)speary Wrote:  Thats all I want, an update every couple of weeks. I dont think thats too much to ask.

I wonder if the dealers read these posts and if not then perhaps they should

Your not alone guys the same crap is happening here in Oz Evil

Soon to be the proud owners of a Baby Rangie!

Pure - TD4 Manual - Fuji - 20" Silver Sparkle Style 6 - Ebony Leather & Ebony headliner - Tech Pack - Clearview Pack & Pano Roof - Rear Vents, Paint & Interior protection, Tint

25-01-2012 04:43pm
ED209

(24-01-2012 01:33pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote:  I can confirm that dealers do read the forum...... some even contribute and sponsor it! Wink

James Smile

Yes and you seem a good egg (although obviously you have an interest in giving a good impression) but you seem genuinely interested in the quality of service whilst from feedback on here the majority of dealers appear not to be

I think i made a mistake when ordering my evoque by simply going to the closest dealer (the only one for miles around) assuming service and delivery times would be the same across all dealers. Perhaps i should have looked around more? All i know is now 7 months after placing the deposit its too late to change dealers, my only options are stick it out or cancel alltogether.
25-01-2012 05:53pm
speary

(24-01-2012 01:33pm)James @ Lookers Park Royal Wrote:  I can confirm that dealers do read the forum...... some even contribute and sponsor it! Wink

James Smile

Unfortunately not Williams manchester it would seem, as I still have not had a reply
If LR Customer Services read this, is there nothing you can do, this poor communication seems to be affecting the majority of users on this forum

26-01-2012 03:01pm
pureevoque

To me the biggest problem and I know this isn't just a JLR thing but to have a limited number of dealer allocations - this causes the dealers to be lazy as they know people want cars asap so will ring round and not be faithful to there local dealer, who if they were to look after there customers would get the business ???

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
26-01-2012 03:09pm