Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Leaving
dandavis1

RE: Leaving

Thing is, look at Land Rover's order books/turnover/sales increase. All of us throwing £40k+ at them to buy a car many of us hadn't even seen let alone driven just tells RR everything they're doing is absolutely right.

To be honest, when demand massively outstrips supply, I don't think any company really cares about the customer.
(This post was last modified: 22-01-2012 12:41am by dandavis1.)
22-01-2012 12:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

It's a really tricky one - as car enthusiasts we have a tendency to get all worked up about what amounts to little more than a metal box with a wheel on each corner - with personal choice boiling down to whether the heart or the head wins.

I'm a big Audi fan and had many - and the Audi Q5 is a really nice vehicle with almost peerless build quality/quality of materials and at the risk of incurring the wrath of the board somewhat ahead of LR's best efforts thus far.

So if I'm such a big Audi fan then why have I got an Evoque on order? Well for all of Audi's quality the vehicles have become progressively duller and lost the sparkle that made them special - unless you buy the RS x derivatives at stellar cost with a fuel tanker in tow.

Sadly it get's worse - to get the basic stuff/once-had-can't go back i.e. Xenons/park sensors as standard fit (expensive options otherwise) then you are forced to buy an S-Line in any Audi model range. All S-Lines come with black interiors (and no alternatives) and black headliners - there are surely brighter toombs than an S-Line Sad To take a non S-Line and spec it to the same level makes the alternatives unaffordable. I note that my own Audi dealer seems to be scrabbling around for work and seems to have any demo you want available right now - I don't think the brand is what it was say a couple of years ago.

So is LR's supply challenge a bad thing? Annoying for sure but those of you that are buying these vehicles with your own money then the shortages are a very good thing because the residual value is protected in what are actually very difficult times for used car prices - certainly in the UK anyway.

Lastly - whilst the Audi Q5 option get's you what will no doubt be a fine and reliable car from this day onwards everytime you see an Evoque you will think 'should have waited' and that's a fact.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
22-01-2012 01:09am
Lookers Park Royal

If its not too late (although it sounds like it may be sadly), then please give me a call/PM as we would be more than happy to look after you and would be very grateful of your business.

It's such a shame that you've not been happy with the level of service from all dealers within 150 miles of Liverpool (if my understanding is correct?), and I know LR would take great issue with this.

If its any consolation I worked for Audi for nearly 10 years prior to Land Rover and have to say that the brands you mention are certainly not immune to criticism (I was with them when TT was launched!!). I think the whole motor industry has a bad reputation for customer service, and those that work hard to look after and retain customers will be more prosperous as a result. I do however know that LR are taking CS very seriously with the dealer network currently, and would not tolerate this sort of feedback.

Anyway, as mentioned, I think it's a huge shame that you will be purchasing a Q5 as opposed to a Range Rover, therefore if there is anything I can do to change this then please let me know.

James Smile
22-01-2012 07:30am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Bermans, I can recommend a call to James, I have now travelled from Scotland 3 times to buy Range Rovers from LPR, even though I have a very good local dealership nearer home. LPR just offered that bit better service that makes it worth my while to travel 450 miles from home to buy a car. Not all Land Rover/Range Rover outlets offer poor customer service, but it appears that those local to you are particularly poor.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-01-2012 08:46am
J77

Would just like to know what makes Audi, BMW or Mercedes any better. I Would try another dealer because as Tim says there are good dealers out there.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
22-01-2012 07:34pm
jewel-r

If all landrover dealers were as passionate and knowledgeable as some members of this forum, buying a landrover would be a much better experience.
22-01-2012 07:38pm
J77

That's where I am lucky as my salesman is very passionate about the brand and has a high standard of customer service. I am also passionate about LandRover, as this is my fourth. I'm at the point where I can trust my salesman to spec a car for me and I know it will have what I like on it. That's what customer service is all about, getting to know each other.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
22-01-2012 07:46pm
olde

We should all do dealer rating as a sticky thread.

I have only nice things to say about my dealer, but then I am in Canada where everyone is already polite to a fault. I suspect UK dealers are on a different incentive system, or maybe they just need different training? Although, I do know some American dealers who scare the willies out of us wimpy Canadians. Shocked

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
22-01-2012 09:48pm
Biker

If only I could order from James @ Lookers and delivered to Australia, I'd do a deal right now!

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
23-01-2012 07:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(22-01-2012 09:48pm)olde Wrote:  We should all do dealer rating as a sticky thread.

There is already a whole section for you to rate your dealer as nicely or badly as you want to - the dealership feed-back section here http://babyrr.com/forum/Forum-Dealership-Feedback

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-01-2012 09:31am by XFullFatTim.)
23-01-2012 09:30am