Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!
cutter7

RE: Just got back from London Evoque Live...

(20-05-2011 10:41pm)wbessada Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 09:24pm)cutter7 Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 04:02pm)wbessada Wrote:  Photos now here!

Thanks for your photos, i've put my £1k deposit down, decide spec with dealer 6/6.
Everything on your pics looks great, but one thing that is bugging me,is that i am concerned about having to look down at the Speedo + Rev dials, and think that these look like Datsun dials from the 80's! (i had one such coupe) does any one else feel this way? apart from that issue, all looks well, cool!!..

Congrats and based on what I saw today I'm sure you'll be very pleased.

I took a good long look at the speedo dials and console and all seemed very well positioned - I'm 5'10 so if you're a lot taller that may differ but to me they seemed spot on - hope that helps.
Thanks for reply. I'm also approx same height. I have booked a ticket for the presentation at the NEC 28/5 which gives me a good few days to make my decision before i submit to Dealership. I'm thinking on the cheeky coupe, but i'll wait until i see them side by side. Nice of you to post those pic's. Regards.
20-05-2011 11:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LRX
Banned

RE: Just got back from London Evoque Live...

(20-05-2011 09:24pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Everything on your pics looks great, but one thing that is bugging me,is that i am concerned about having to look down at the Speedo + Rev dials, and think that these look like Datsun dials from the 80's! (i had one such coupe) does any one else feel this way? apart from that issue, all looks well, cool!!..

The instrument cluster was my biggest disappointment when I sat in an Evoque back in January. The speedo looked very, very plasticy.
20-05-2011 11:23pm
Blackseries

RE: Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!

Anyone got any photos of the Dynamic interior at this event?

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
21-05-2011 02:28pm
Alex

Yes video on my iPhone - will upload later.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
21-05-2011 04:15pm
BFGEvoqueMan

Top rate post and photos. RR are brave to display in the flesh a pure without front fogs and the standard wheels. Can't believe those 18" wheels, they do look basic, but atleast they can be changed. Not sure grey is the silver is the best colour, as with all the dark grey trim it looks at bit John Major. Kind of screaming out for black or white IMHO. That said the inside looks good, might try and pursuade her in doors to change from blackWink

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
21-05-2011 05:05pm
Blackseries

(21-05-2011 04:15pm)Alex Wrote:  Yes video on my iPhone - will upload later.

Thanks Alex

...... has this event changed anybody’s mind?

From Yes to No - No to Yes 3 to 5 door, Black to White or Red.......

I'm still in a dilemma between Black Prestige with Ambient interior OR Firenze Red with Black roof Dynamic with Pursuit interior. Just wish I could have one of each ...... Hopefully next Friday (NEC) will help.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
21-05-2011 05:34pm
SW6RR

(21-05-2011 05:34pm)Blackseries Wrote:  
(21-05-2011 04:15pm)Alex Wrote:  Yes video on my iPhone - will upload later.

Thanks Alex

...... has this event changed anybody’s mind?

From Yes to No - No to Yes 3 to 5 door, Black to White or Red.......

I'm still in a dilemma between Black Prestige with Ambient interior OR Firenze Red with Black roof Dynamic with Pursuit interior. Just wish I could have one of each ...... Hopefully next Friday (NEC) will help.

Hi - just got back from the 2:00 event at Earl's court.

Not going to cover old ground as I know lots of people have been already and lots of Qs have already been answered.

To give a broader view then I would say that:

1. The car is absolutely fantastic in the metal. I have gone from fairly confident to having absolutely no doubt about the BRR.

2. The standout colour for me was white (which I've ordered) and the black comes a close second. I loved the red but felt it was a bit too flashy for me. To my eyes, the silver looked pretty rubbish, totally understated the car (although only my opinion and not intended to rile anyone who has ordered this).

3. The perforated leather dynamic interior didn't do anything for me at all, very much in the shade vs the prestige. Again, just my opinion.

4. The fancy dynamic interior with the bucket seats looked fantastic (but I don't want a dark interior). For anyone doing for these - you won't be disappointed.

5. Surprised to hear reports of lack of space in the back. Personally I think RR have been conducting witchcraft to get the line of the car looking as it does, whilst at the same time maintaining the headroom they have. Legroom is fine and provided you have the panoramic roof (which I would STRONGLY advise having sat in both), it feels very light and airy in the back.

6. Might be biased (I'm going for a 5 door) but the 3 door didn't seem to do much for the overall impression and impact of the car (again, just my opinion). On that basis I wouldn't consider the 3 door as I prefer my passengers to have doors of their own. Each to their own of course.

7. I wasn't sure about the tan leather interior in the pictures but, In the flesh (especially with the white Evoque), I thought it looked fabulous. Will change my order from Ambiance interior to the tan interior.

8. General quality was high, but a lot has been said about this already so won't flog a dead horse. Leather was great, buttons all felt nicely engineered and substantial... not much else to say really!

9. Probably the biggest seal of approval was from my dad. He's an M class / X5 man (anything German!) and if he had thought it was anything other than fantastic he would have taken great pleasure in telling me so. However, and I quote, "wow....I think I'm going to get one...".

That's all folks.
21-05-2011 05:49pm
cjfp

I'm taking my dad tomorrow too, so will let you all know what he says!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-05-2011 06:19pm
MW73

I can confirm that the dynamic has definitely got heated seats as standard! After you had left Griff, the conversation was continued as another couple were worried about this point, me too. It took a while but the answer was they do. The confusion was because the 5dr dynamic they had on show had the 'plus' pack on and these DO NOT have heating! Hoe this clears this up!!! I can also add that the 'plus seats' looked nice from the front buy the back is a horrible 'slab' of plastic which I felt looked cheap compared to the standard seats, but it's down to personal choice.
Ps had this confirmed today by my dealer.
Nice to meet you yesterday Griff, if your ever nr Exeter say 'hi'.
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2011 07:03pm by MW73.)
21-05-2011 06:32pm
Blackseries

Many thanks for your feedback SW6RR.

Nice to hear a pro-German owner approves.

(21-05-2011 05:49pm)SW6RR Wrote:  The standout colour for me was white (which I've ordered) and the black comes a close second.

Was there a Black car at the event and if so where ... there don't seem to be any photos of it.

If one was there was it Santorini Black or Barolo Black?

21-05-2011 07:12pm