Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!
gmaker

RE: Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!

Griff

I've updated my post with a question on the colours. Your thoughts would be much apreciated, especially as I see you haven't gone for the popular white, red or black?
20-05-2011 06:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alex

(20-05-2011 06:39pm)griff Wrote:  The LR reps at Earls Court definitely said Dynamic seats were not heated.
They could be wrong of course but two of them discussed it my presence and they were surprised at this bit of info

If this hard to believe, I can understand if we are referring to the Dynamic Plus seats, however the Dynamic standard seats must be designed exactly the same as the Pure model except for the leather difference. Only difference is seats are perforated (specs even state heated seats).

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
20-05-2011 07:00pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

We were told at the boat show by LR that the coupe would not be available with a bench seat, LR bods were adamant and then low and behold it's a no cost option so worth checking afterwards with the dealer or price list. Wrong information at these shows is ridiculous.
Were there 150 of you looking at 3 cars or two lots?
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 07:14pm by Charlie.)
20-05-2011 07:08pm
DynamicRRV

(20-05-2011 06:44pm)LRX Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 06:43pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  Well I for sure will cancel my order on that one thing alone if true!

Seriously?! I've used the heated seats in my Volvo a handful of times.

yes and to be fair I have owned a FFRR SC or TD for 8 years now and am seriously wondering why Im even contemplating the BRR??!
20-05-2011 07:49pm
LRX
Banned

(20-05-2011 07:49pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 06:44pm)LRX Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 06:43pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  Well I for sure will cancel my order on that one thing alone if true!

Seriously?! I've used the heated seats in my Volvo a handful of times.

yes and to be fair I have owned a FFRR SC or TD for 8 years now and am seriously wondering why Im even contemplating the BRR??!

FFRR? BRR? what?!
20-05-2011 08:18pm
DynamicRRV

Full fat range rover & baby range rover mate
20-05-2011 08:25pm
Ewok

I went for the 3.30 show. Found it intriguing and all quite bizarre- the missus was even more bewildered. We've not been to one of these before.

IMO some thoughts & to answer some of the Qs:

Silver - I've been considering shifting from black to this too- but i was a little put off- it looked decidedly understated vs. White and Red, and dare I say it, a bit more ordinary. That said would love to see it with the black roof.

Dynamic Plus pack makes the interior of the dynamic look fantastic and to touch it ,it feels great - but given that I wont be able to feel it through my jeans, and that most of the time I'll have a steering wheel in my hands and not the sumptuous leather, Id rather have the £3k in my pocket. The bucket seats didnt seem to hamper passenger room in the back (unlike in my RS4)

The back seat felt adequate, but quite enclosed. I wont be going for the entertainment pack as it just feels a bit too squidged in.

The LR marketing bod was speaking v highly of the stereo upgrade. Interestingly he said he'd go for the petrol over the diesel.

Pure vs prestige- If i hadnt been able to see the upgraded leather through the window in the prestige, I would have struggled to tell them apart.

One point to note- if youre thinking about it- I Wouldnt take your baby to the event. The poor chap with his had to leave the show early.

EDIT: Just remembered one more thing- was surprised how high profile the tyres on 20 inch wheels were. Hopefully should protect a little more than I was expecting from scuffing.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 08:43pm by Ewok.)
20-05-2011 08:37pm
cutter7

RE: Just got back from London Evoque Live...

(20-05-2011 04:02pm)wbessada Wrote:  Photos now here!

Thanks for your photos, i've put my £1k deposit down, decide spec with dealer 6/6.
Everything on your pics looks great, but one thing that is bugging me,is that i am concerned about having to look down at the Speedo + Rev dials, and think that these look like Datsun dials from the 80's! (i had one such coupe) does any one else feel this way? apart from that issue, all looks well, cool!!..
20-05-2011 09:24pm
WB
WB

(20-05-2011 09:24pm)cutter7 Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 04:02pm)wbessada Wrote:  Photos now here!

Thanks for your photos, i've put my £1k deposit down, decide spec with dealer 6/6.
Everything on your pics looks great, but one thing that is bugging me,is that i am concerned about having to look down at the Speedo + Rev dials, and think that these look like Datsun dials from the 80's! (i had one such coupe) does any one else feel this way? apart from that issue, all looks well, cool!!..

Congrats and based on what I saw today I'm sure you'll be very pleased.

I took a good long look at the speedo dials and console and all seemed very well positioned - I'm 5'10 so if you're a lot taller that may differ but to me they seemed spot on - hope that helps.
20-05-2011 10:41pm
vinda

(20-05-2011 06:39pm)LRX Wrote:  Not sure what input the above post is offering...

As I said, my order says it's coming with heated seats, and all the interior photos I've seen of the Dynamic has the heated seat button.

Agree with LRX. My order says heated seats
20-05-2011 10:58pm