Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!
Alex

RE: Just got back from London Evoque Live...

(20-05-2011 05:04pm)wbessada Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 05:00pm)Alex Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 04:55pm)wbessada Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 04:44pm)Alex Wrote:  wbessada for feedback to earlier post - now I'm wondering if I should save the cash and go for the Pure

Tough one... I'm finding it difficult to distinguish the standard equipment to compare the 3 and establish if the bulk of the price difference is in worthwhile "options" vs better quality leather etc. I was assured by the RR bods that the paper brochure would be easier to use in this respect than the website configurator.

Agree - but main difference is the adaptive dynamic suspension which comes standard on Dynamic and option on Prestige (plus few other options not available on Pure). Guess I cant really know the benefits until test driving one - but that is a long way off. Im heading to the show tomorrow and I will have to ask them.

I asked about test drives and they said September dealer cars will be the first opportunity which is very disappointing. I was hoping dealers would get cars ahead of customer deliveries

(20-05-2011 05:50pm)Blackseries Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 04:44pm)Alex Wrote:  now I'm wondering if I should save the cash and go for the Pure

I had originally ordered / speced a Pure with quite a few options - it came to £37.6k - a couple of the options I wanted are not available on the Pure but I thought what the heck I'm saving £4.5k vs a Prestige HOWEVER when I got the residual values back it made me change my mind. According to the finance companies after three years the Prestige will be worth £3.5K more than my loaded Pure so in reality the Prestige only costs £1k more in lifetime ownership. So my thoughts are if you want all the stuff that’s standard on the Prestige or Dynamic then you wont loose financially by choosing them .... OK you have to stump up the extra to start with but you'll get most of it back come sale time.

Also to answer the question of how does the Prestige & Dynamic stack up against the Pure. We did some calculations many moons ago I can't remember the exact figures but if you spec up a Pure with all the stuff that the Dynamic has as standard it looks like you are paying about £1.5k for the body kit and illuminated treads & about £2k for the upgraded leather (which is sort of Audi Exclusive Leather upgrade price) So you pays your money etc..........

Thanks!! Very Happy - type of info that is very useful to know. Going to stick with my Prestige then (or could be Dynamic depending on what I think tomorrow :rollSmile.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
20-05-2011 05:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LRX
Banned

(20-05-2011 04:20pm)griff Wrote:  Another suprise is the dynamic seats cannot be warmed so if any of you get cold bums in the winter that will not be good news.

Do you mean the Dynamic Plus seats? My Dynamic appears to be coming with heated front seats.
20-05-2011 06:04pm
DynamicRRV

RE: Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!

The white one is NOT a Dynamic!!?
20-05-2011 06:06pm
griff

The White one is a prestige Coupe.
The LR reps said dynamic seats not dynamic plus in terms of no heating facility. We had quite a discussion about it and they were as surprised as I was.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 06:28pm by griff.)
20-05-2011 06:26pm
gmaker

(20-05-2011 06:04pm)LRX Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 04:20pm)griff Wrote:  Another suprise is the dynamic seats cannot be warmed so if any of you get cold bums in the winter that will not be good news.

Do you mean the Dynamic Plus seats? My Dynamic appears to be coming with heated front seats.

Does anyone agree that this is quite a major concern?? Any car nowadays with leather seats must have a heated option surely. It amazes me that anyone would consider leather without it?

I have ordered a Dynamic but would have to change it if this is true. Can anyone get a definative answer - it certainly looks like you can get heated seats in the price lists.

Also, a question for those of you that have gone to the show - in the pictures the silver Evoque looks much that I thought. I've currently ordered a white dynamic but am serioulsy thinking about changing to Indus Silver or Stornaway Grey. What does it look like in the flesh??

I am a bit concerned that white will be very common?? I saw a black presitge yesterday (another colour I'm considering) but didn't think it did the car justice.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 06:44pm by gmaker.)
20-05-2011 06:29pm
griff

(20-05-2011 06:29pm)gmaker Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 06:04pm)LRX Wrote:  

Does anyone agree that this is quite a major concern?? Any car nowadays with leather seats must have a heated option surely. It amazes me that anyone would consider leather without it?
No the LR reps definitely said ordinary dynamic seats. They could of course have got it wrong!

I have ordered a Dynamic but would have to change it if this is true. Can anyone get a definative answer - it certainly looks like you can get heated seats in the price lists.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof

At home and superb.
20-05-2011 06:36pm
LRX
Banned

Not sure what input the above post is offering...

As I said, my order says it's coming with heated seats, and all the interior photos I've seen of the Dynamic has the heated seat button.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 06:43pm by LRX.)
20-05-2011 06:39pm
griff

The LR reps at Earls Court definitely said Dynamic seats were not heated.
They could be wrong of course but two of them discussed it my presence and they were surprised at this bit of info

At home and superb.
20-05-2011 06:39pm
DynamicRRV

Well I for sure will cancel my order on that one thing alone if true!
20-05-2011 06:43pm
LRX
Banned

(20-05-2011 06:43pm)DynamicRRV Wrote:  Well I for sure will cancel my order on that one thing alone if true!

Seriously?! I've used the heated seats in my Volvo a handful of times.
20-05-2011 06:44pm