Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!
WB
WB

Just got back from London Evoque Live... and photos!

Hi all, first post on here. [/align]

Just got back from the 12.30 Evoque Live at Earls Court and can report there were 5 Evoques there (plus a sport and 1 full fat RR) - 3 evoques to play with in "the studio" and 2 just to walk past from the presentation on your way to the studio.

The 3 in the studio:

1 x Pure in 5 door - Indus Silver with Cirrus Leather
1 x Dynamic 5 door - Red with Black
1 x Prestige Coupe - White with Tan

Lots of photos now posted HERE!

My first thoughts are...

I thought they looked great in the metal - this is the first time I've seen the evoque other than in photos
Definitely smaller than expected and hoped. The interior space is great for 4, a squeeze for 5 but rear legroom was better than expected. The boot is small and the rigid/tilting "deck" for the boot makes it shaped more like a saloon boot than an estate type boot.

Any questions ask away...
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 04:43pm by WB.)
20-05-2011 03:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wicksy

RE: Just got back from London Evoque Live...

(20-05-2011 03:15pm)wbessada Wrote:  Hi all, first post on here. [/align]

Just got back from the 12.30 Evoque Live at Earls Court and can report there were 5 Evoques there (plus a sport and 1 full fat RR) - 3 evoques to play with in "the studio" and 2 just to walk past from the presentation on your way to the studio.

The 3 in the studio:

1 x Pure in 5 door - Indus Silver with Cirrus Leather
1 x Dynamic 5 door - Red with Black
1 x Prestige Coupe - White with Tan

I'll upload some of the photos I took later on.

My first thoughts are...

I thought they looked great in the metal - this is the first time I've seen the evoque other than in photos
Definitely smaller than expected and hoped. The interior space is great for 4, a squeeze for 5 but rear legroom was better than expected. The boot is small and the rigid/tilting "deck" for the boot makes it shaped more like a saloon boot than an estate type boot.

Any questions ask away...
Hi - thanks for your initial report.
Do the 3 variants look strikingly different from each other externally, ie does the Pure stand out as a base model?
20-05-2011 03:36pm
WB
WB

(20-05-2011 03:36pm)Wicksy Wrote:  Hi - thanks for your initial report.
Do the 3 variants look strikingly different from each other externally, ie does the Pure stand out as a base model?

In my opinion the pure and prestige looked very similar externally - only the wheels and front fog lights (lack of on the pure) stood out as different. On closer inspection the grilles and the side trim also but that was more subtle.

The dynamic looked the most different with the different front and rear bumpers/tailpipes but again side by side it was all quite subtle.

If I go for one I think it'll be a pure.
20-05-2011 03:44pm
Wicksy

Thank God for that because I've ordered a Pure, albeit with the 20in. wheels and fogs etc. etc.Wink

From the pictures I've seen your opinion doesn't surprise me, there does seem to be very little difference between them
20-05-2011 03:50pm
WB
WB

Photos now here!
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 04:06pm by WB.)
20-05-2011 04:02pm
Alex

wbessada thanks for your feedback - Did you have a chance to sit in all models? I wanted to know if there was much difference in the interior quality between the three of them. Previous comments on this forum mentioned that the dashboard (fake leather) in the Pure and Dynamic was disappointing.

Did the Prestige live up to it's name?

Also in terms of size, you also said they were smaller than you expected and hoped - was this something you could see as a potential issue regarding boot space?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
20-05-2011 04:11pm
griff

Hi Guys
funnily just got back from 12.30 viewing as well.
Stunning floor show at the beginning with a real suprise at the start which i won't spoil for those who have yet to go. Show lasted 30mins and was along the theme of Pure Dynamic and Prestige.
Met up with Martin from Exeter from his note on here. Hope you enjoyed yourself and your missus did not make you spend too much "up west".
As webessda says there where 3 evoques for initial veiwing but i mentioned i would like to take a phot and the RR guy took me next door where there were 4 more five doors and no one looking at them.

The cars are very comfortable and more compact than i anticipated. I was most interested in the 3 door coupe prestige because that is what i have opted for and I must say the coupe does look a little less "car like" if you get my drift.

The seats in the pure are leather but the dash is not but very well done.
The rear seats in all cars fold down 60/40 and are quite easy to put back up but i was suprised by the size of the boot - about the same as a golf. The seats do't fold down fully flat but I don't see that as a problem
Panoramic roof is a big plus and if you are opting for a coupe the rear view is seriously compromised so rear camera is essential and possibly parking assist as well. However side mirrors are quite big so that helps.
All cars are very comfortable and easy to get in and out. The LR guys also explained that they spent a lot of time on making the rear entry to the coupe as easy as possible and that seems to be the case.
Stereo seems very good but i could not crank it up.
Drivers display is super with door warnings for every door and tailgate. Very colouful.
No adaptive cruise control on the initial car but it probably be added in two years time. I did rib the LR guys about this saying even the ford focus has it. They were quite embarrased and suprised it was not included.
Another suprise is the dynamic seats cannot be warmed so if any of you get cold bums in the winter that will not be good news.

Prestige seats are sumptious and the leather quality all you would expect.
All in all I was impressed and am happy to stick with the coupe.
If you have any questions do ask.
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 04:23pm by griff.)
20-05-2011 04:20pm
dinz

Thanks for the pics wbessada!

Those 18's on the Pure 5 door look more like 15's! Laughing

What was the dashboard material like on the Pure model? Even though it's not leather I'm kinda hoping it'll still be decent quality.

Edit: My question has been answered already, that'll teach me to go away from my desk for a while before typing my post Smile
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 04:25pm by dinz.)
20-05-2011 04:23pm
WB
WB

(20-05-2011 04:11pm)Alex Wrote:  wbessada thanks for your feedback - Did you have a chance to sit in all models? I wanted to know if there was much difference in the interior quality between the three of them. Previous comments on this forum mentioned that the dashboard (fake leather) in the Pure and Dynamic was disappointing.

Also in terms of size, you also said they were smaller than you expected and hoped - was this something you could see as a potential issue regarding boot space?

Yes we spent a good hour sitting in opening and closing and playing with the cars.

On the dash it's all relative... The prestige leather dash is a bit nicer but I thought the pure and dynamic soft coverings were of better quality than my BMW 330i!

Leather quality was good across the range and I'd say the prestige was best but again not hugely different.
20-05-2011 04:26pm
griff

(20-05-2011 04:26pm)wbessada Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 04:11pm)Alex Wrote:  wbessada thanks for your feedback - Did you have a chance to sit in all models? I wanted to know if there was much difference in the interior quality between the three of them. Previous comments on this forum mentioned that the dashboard (fake leather) in the Pure and Dynamic was disappointing.

Yes we spent a good hour sitting in opening and closing and playing with the cars.

On the dash it's all relative... The prestige leather dash is a bit nicer but I thought the pure and dynamic soft coverings were of better quality than my BMW 330i!

Leather quality was good across the range and I'd say the prestige was best but again not hugely different.
I quite agree LR have done a very good job of making each car excellent in its own right. I spent a lot of time in and around the Prestige and would say it is just slightly more finished e.g seat just a little more plush, premium carpet. But the others as wbessada says put my BMW to shame as well.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 04:35pm by griff.)
20-05-2011 04:33pm